Dormammu's BAD Matchups let me know what u guys think - Fchamp

This is just my opinion so if you have any input feel free share your insights -<div>Btw all matchups are with ASSISTS</div><div>Dorm VS </div><div>    </div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>C.viper - 3.5 - 6.5</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>Chris Redfield - 4-6 </blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>Dr. Strange - 4-6</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>HawkEye - 4-6</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>Magneto - 4.5 - 5.5</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>Nova - 4-6</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>Strider Hiryu - 4-6</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>Vergil - 4-6</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>Wesker - 4-6</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>Wolverine - 3.5 - 6.5</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>Spencer - 3.5-6.5</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>Zero - 3.5 - 6.5</blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”><br></blockquote><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”>He beats the rest of the cast or even.</blockquote></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div style=“text-align: left;”><blockquote style=“margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;”><div style=“text-align: left;”><br></div><div style=“text-align: left;”><br></div></blockquote></div>

What’s your reasoning behind the Nova matchup? When using Nova, I have trouble playing that once the Dorm/missiles shenanigans start. Speed Tackle is one way around it but it can be baited and avoided.<div><br></div><div>I pretty much completely agree with the rest of this list though.</div>

<div style=“font-style: normal;”>Againts Nova </div><div style=“font-style: normal;”>Fullscreen -</div>The speed tackle super kills my stalking flare and all my spells… <div style=“font-style: normal;”>Also that super is sorta safe.</div><div style=“font-style: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-style: normal;”>Mid range -close - </div><div style=“font-style: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-style: normal;”>Nova’s Square Jump H is a pain to deal with plus the Tri Jump Light</div><div style=“font-style: normal;”><br></div><div>i do really well vs nova but i just know it aint easy</div><div style=“font-style: normal;”><br></div>

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Yo champ nice list. But its hard to say who beats dorm in a black and white tier list like this in marvel. So many factors go into them , like momentum , the dhc into dorm , dorms neutral assists , the other chars assists etc…</span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”>Agreed with everything you say about nova , i think that character is underrated as a whole. </div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”>In my humble opinion though I dont think Dorm and viper is that bad. Good movement on the ground / air and smartly placed carpets stop nearly everything she can do .This is the only matchup where I abondon charging spells cos of seismos/ all the other ground invincible shit she has. I just run away and place carpets ( smartly) cos she cant get past them …<br> Shes still hard to fight but i wouldnt call it 3.5/6.5. Mind explaining why you think viper is that bad? from what ive seen u can fight her well enough.Also I think dorm can fight chris , pillar beats his zoning , and at worste trades with his magnum. But im never really on the ground v him. His gunshots are not as oppresive as wesker at all. SJ charge spells and release x infinity he cant really do much about it . </div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Oh and also no Firebrand or Zero, or Spencer too.Even taskmaster can be a bit of a hard match up if the person your playing has a very strong fundamental ground game. Stuff like shielf skills into sharp sting beats Inferno aswell :frowning: But I would say thats close to even. The other ones i mentioned though those match ups are not easy . Also generally people might not agree but  I think some random low tier characters give Dorm trouble , but these chars are rare and nobody uses them . for example felicia / viewtiful joe /Jill/captain america/superskrull can all give dormammu trouble.</span></font></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div>

I’m pretty sure its mostly because Dorm cant duck under laser and he doesnt have any durability to stop that unless he gets spells charged. But that requires him to avoid whatever AA assist Viper is gonna be using. I’m suprised to see Chris up there cause most people dont know how good he is. I’m guessing its because Yoshi lol.

Laser is irrelevant ,its prob the tool dorm fears the least when fighting viper so im not sure why you mentioned it . But if worste comes to worste dorm can st M on reaction or simply put the real reason is  he shouldnt be on the ground v viper in those situations , thats seismo territory .  Viper with strider , now that is a hard match up. But ANY character with vajra is hard for dorm lol<div><br></div><div>This is the reason why I said its so hard to tier match ups in a simple list in this game , for example , 80 % of the cast have good match ups v dorm if they have vajra. I feel dante and vajra destroys dorm for example . but without vajra its no way near as bad.</div>

I’m curious as to why you consider the Dorm/Strange matchup as bad as the Dorm/Vergil matchup. Is it due to SoV and RoR? 

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/81030/Jijikun77">Jijikun77</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Laser is irrelevant , dorm can st M on reaction or simply put he shouldnt be on the ground v viper in those situations , thats seismo territory .  Viper with strider , now that is a hard match up. But ANY character with vajra is hard for dorm lol<div><br></div><div>This is the reason why I said its so hard to tier match ups in a simple list in this game , for example , 80 % of the cast have good match ups v dorm if they have vajra. I feel dante and vajra destroys dorm for example . but without vajra its no way near as bad.</div></div>
</blockquote>

<br><div>Laser is hardly irrelevant because it stops you from calling your assist. That’s nice that you have to commit to a normal you don’t want to whiff to absorb it, but who cares because now you just lost your ability to call an assist.  If she has jam session or vajra…that’s a huge fucking problem.  If you’re going to s.M she can just run forward or call an assist and start seismo fadcing towards you instead and if you whiff s.M during that you’re probably going to take damage or get put in a combo.</div><div><br></div><div>Basically once Viper players get seismo fadc down he’s pretty fucked minus going towards the air unless he’s full of spells and meter.  Running away and placing carpets vs. Viper is not happening in the long term since she can just move into range of EX seismo and EX seismo will remove it.  Even if she doesn’t have EX seismo she can just hop over it while calling an assist or more solidly…use her regular seismos to still hit you and stop your assist from releasing.  Max range L thunder knuckle will also absorb it.</div><div><br></div><div>Yeah flame carpet can absorb regular seismos (I guess since it acts as a beam), but that’s why she has 3 different ranges so she can just use whichever seismo will go behind the flame carpet and snipe you and your assist.  If you get hit during that the carpet goes away and even if you don’t you’re forced to pushblock otherwise to get any space.  </div>

Ooooops i forgot to mention when i made the list i was assuming both chars got an assist <div><br></div><div>Like againts viper i imagine her having vajra or jam session so Dorm is limited in the air</div><div><br></div><div>While My Dorm probably got missiles or molecular shiled </div>

Y i forgot zero and spencer lol<div><br></div><div>But taskmaster is very easy… he cant really do anything to stalking flare</div>

Technically Dormammu is only as good as the team/assist and character around him.<br><br>

Well that’s the issue I have with Hidden Missiles as an assist for Dormammu. It merely strengthens the matchups that are already in his favor while doing very little for the matchups that are bad. It causes him additional problems when he has to worry about ways to protect Doom while in the neutral game.

Dorm needs a “piss off” assist unless he’s already winning. You get the option of Repulsar, Tatsu, Cart, Heartless Spire, Rising Fang, Log Trap, Hulk AA, Magneto’s counter assist, Firebrand’s swoop, Vajra, Jam Session, and Lariat. That’s the biggest issue for all top Dorm players I can think of off the top of my head: Dorm has no way out of pressure by a large portion of the cast without spells charged.<div><br></div><div>Have you considered switching out Doom for someone with a more suitable assist for Dorm’s needs, like Dante? I think that is probably the best assist for Dorm, and it definitely won’t hurt Magneto. That might change your perspective on the Wolverine, Nova, and Chris match-ups.</div>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/8341/FilipinoChampRyan">FilipinoChampRyan</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Y i forgot zero and spencer lol<div><br></div><div>But taskmaster is very easy… he cant really do anything to stalking flare</div></div>
</blockquote>

yeah thats true about the flare , I need to use that more v him , like i said the match up is pretty even actually. thnx for the response

I think Magneto might be Dorm’s worst matchup, or at least as bad as Wolverine and Zero.<br><br>Good Magnetos won’t be locked down by Dorm’s zoning, Dorm’s teleports are too slow to combat Mags’ mobility, and often Mags will be backed up by a good beam assist that Dorm really can’t do anything about.<br><br>Close quarters, getting Magneto off of Dorm is a nightmare unless Dorm has a really good defensive assist. I feel everything Dorm does, Magneto does much better.<br>Dorm can’t whiff anything because Magneto will be over him in an instant. Dorm can’t deal with Mags’ 4-frame huge hitbox lights. The only thing Dorm can do safely upclose is go for throw-option select but even then Mags’ throw is so much better and he gets much more off of it.<br><br>The match even gets worse once meter is involved since once Mags gets Level 3, Dorm can’t do shit to punish him. Hell even Level 2, and Mags can avoid a Chaotic Flame punish with a good DHC.<br>

<blockquote class=“UserQuote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/45295/just5moreminutes">just5moreminutes</a> wrote: <a href="/discussion/comment/8014940#Comment_8014940" class=“QuoteLink”><span class=“ArrowLink”>»</span></a></div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Dorm needs a “piss off” assist unless he’s already winning. You get the option of Repulsar, Tatsu, Cart, Heartless Spire, Rising Fang, Log Trap, Hulk AA, Magneto’s counter assist, Firebrand’s swoop, Vajra, Jam Session, and Lariat. That’s the biggest issue for all top Dorm players I can think of off the top of my head: Dorm has no way out of pressure by a large portion of the cast without spells charged.<br /><br>
Have you considered switching out Doom for someone with a more suitable assist for Dorm’s needs, like Dante? I think that is probably the best assist for Dorm, and it definitely won’t hurt Magneto. That might change your perspective on the Wolverine, Nova, and Chris match-ups.</div>
</blockquote>
I find C. Viper’s Burn Kick very useful for this, as well as setting up unblockables with FC on incoming. <br>
<div><br></div>

I think he loses to Dante as well unless he has missiles.  Box Jump against Dorm is a pain to deal with. It could be 5-5 though, because he can run away well against Dante.<br><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/3598/Return%20of%20Shiki">Return of Shiki</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I think Magneto might be Dorm’s worst matchup, or at least as bad as Wolverine and Zero.<br><br>Good Magnetos won’t be locked down by Dorm’s zoning, Dorm’s teleports are too slow to combat Mags’ mobility, and often Mags will be backed up by a good beam assist that Dorm really can’t do anything about.<br><br>Close quarters, getting Magneto off of Dorm is a nightmare unless Dorm has a really good defensive assist. I feel everything Dorm does, Magneto does much better.<br>Dorm can’t whiff anything because Magneto will be over him in an instant. Dorm can’t deal with Mags’ 4-frame huge hitbox lights. The only thing Dorm can do safely upclose is go for throw-option select but even then Mags’ throw is so much better and he gets much more off of it.<br><br>The match even gets worse once meter is involved since once Mags gets Level 3, Dorm can’t do shit to punish him. Hell even Level 2, and Mags can avoid a Chaotic Flame punish with a good DHC.<br></div>
</blockquote>

I think Wesker is his worst matchup. SJ Gunshot beats Pillars and you can’t charge spells.  Not to mention Maximum Wesker punishes Chaotic Flame and has way around stalker flare.  Spencer is god awful as well. <br>To be honest, I think he loses to Zero 4-6.  I think you should use Pillars more in that matchup and with the right assist, zero can’t get in at all.<br>

I was always of the opinion that Dormammu just straight up wrecks most jump back+projectile people since one landed pillar is usually such a huge momentum shift that they can’t get going again, so I’m surprised to see Chris and Hawkeye. I really don’t quite understand what the game changer for Chris is. Is it Machine Gun Spray in the air? Hawkeye I kinda get since most good Hawkeyes can pin down Dorm so hard with Trick Maneuver Shots(as an example).<div><br></div><div>Also, would like to ask about Deadpool. In theory he can be just as if not more annoying than some of the other keepaway/projectile people on the list and his teleport means he can close the gap pretty well if needed. Your list champ implies that Dorm will lose out to highly mobile characters who can also keepaway decently. Nearly all of the characters have at least 1 good projectile and/or superb rushdown, so I dunno about Deadpool, especially with assists. I bet that can get really annoying/painful for Dorm, but again, I’m theory-fightering here.</div>

I don’t think Chris is a bad mach up for Dormammu. I’ve seen your sets with GcYoshi and you rarely use Purification, maybe for fear of being hit with a Magnum, but Chris can’t do any special move in between blocked Purifications. You focus too much on trying to charge spells when you can win without them. Also, you miss out on a ton of happy birthday opportunities with Chaotic Flame because Chris can’t protect his assist very well.<div><br></div><div>The biggest factor though is that no one knows how to deal with grenades yet, but I don’t think that means the match up is bad. I’d say it’s 6-4 for Dormammu from my experience playing Chris, and that’s been since day one Vanilla. You’ll figure out the match up soon enough, but it isn’t a bad one for Dormammu, it’s just a rarely played character.</div>