Dormammu TAC Infinite

Okay, instead of letting the info get buried inbetween all the different posts in the different threads I thought I’d collate some of the info about Dorm’s TAC infinite in a nice new thread.

First, a video of the infinite, credit to Jiji and Zak Bennett for finding it:

Performing the TAC Infinite
I’ve wrote down the techniques I’ve been using which to allow Dorm to enter into his TAC infinite from any TAC both in the corner and midscreen:

Corner
Up
ADD xx j.H (whiff) xx Fly, ADDF xx j.H xx Dark Hole L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, [ j.H > Land + Rejump > j.L, j.H xx Fly, j.L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, j.H xx Dark Hole L ]*** xN***
Side
ADDF (cross underneath) xx Fly, ADD xx j.H xx Dark Hole L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, [ j.H > Land + Rejump > j.L, j.H xx Fly, j.L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, j.H xx Dark Hole L ] xN
Down
ADDF xx Fly xx j.L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, [ j.H > Land + Rejump > j.L, j.H xx Fly, j.L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, j.H xx Dark Hole L ] xN

Midscreen
Up
ADD xx j.H (whiff) xx Fly, ADDF xx j.H xx Dark Hole L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, [ j.H > Land + Rejump > j.L, j.H xx Fly, j.L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, ADF xx j.H xx Dark Hole L ] xN
Side
ADD xx Fly, ADDF xx j.H xx Dark Hole L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, [ j.H > Land + Rejump > j.L, j.H xx Fly, j.L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, ADF xx j.H xx Dark Hole L ] xN
Down
Slight delay after the TAC, ADDF xx Fly, j.L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, [ j.H > Land + Rejump > j.L, j.H xx Fly, j.L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, ADF xx j.H xx Dark Hole L ] xN

Here’s a video I made which displays all of the above variants:
[media=youtube]G0VIylifatU[/media]

These will all work provided you don’t cock yourself up by doing it just outside of the corner, ie. the wall interferes with your spacing etc. There are other alternatives to these, but these are the ones I’ve been practising with and they do seem to set up the infinite about as good as you’re going to get it.

Previously I had wondered about whether the midscreen variants were true infinites because of the slight pushback with each rep, which turned out to be true, but I’ve fixed that and added in the the above transcriptions and ADF (air dash forward) between the first Dark Hole and the j.H that comes after it.

So now it goes Fly, j.L, j.H xx Dark Hole L, ADF xx j.H xx Dark Hole L, which allows it to continue ad nauseum. You have to be quick with the ADF though or they will fall too far for the next Dark Hole to connect, so you’re likely best off just inputting :m::h:, :m::h: :qcf:+:l:.

"I can’t get the TAC infinite to work consistently!"
Dorm’s infinite is pretty difficult to perform, I’m unsure about the exact specifics but in my lab time with it I’ve thought of a few reasons why it’s not exactly simple (as of yet, someone please prove me wrong and find a braindead easy way to make it work).

• Dorm’s TAC infinite requires manual timing, and you have to connect the H on the very frame on which you’re landing, ie. you have to perform a one frame link by eye essentially each time you land. Someone like Mag’s corner infinite (j.H, j.S xx ADDF xx j.M), is simpler because it’s the exact same input timing and sequence every time.

• Whenever you perform TAC you’re unlikely to be at the exact same height every time in your launch series, which means your follow up with Dorm is going to have to be timed differently.

• You will have to be used to the different combos you need to use depending on which TAC direction you used. This also goes for whether or not you are midscreen when performing the TAC.

• Finally, the H itself is a problem. Dorm’s j.H is 10 frame startup, has 5 active frames and swings from underneath him and around infront of him. If the opponent is directly in the H’s initial underswing part it is a 10 frame normal, however if the opponent is infront of him or a short distance away, it may take up to 15 frames to startup. You need to judge before hand how far away your opponent is and time your j.H accordingly.

That’s all I can think of writing up for now, any questions just ask away.

What is Dorms minimum scaling value on his stuff? I think Zeros is like 20%, Dante is at 5%, Viper sits around 30%? Just curious, because I hate doing Dantes infinite, since its so physically and mentally demanding, as its similar to Dorms where you have to eyeball that shit to make sure you’re spacing correctly. That, and because his scaling is ass, so each rep gets me like…10k damage.

It stops at 20%. Dark Hole does 20,000 per hit normally (obviously that scales per hit), and fully scaled does 4,000 per hit. Each Dark Hole has 9 hits so it’s 36,000 per Dark Hole and 1 infinite rep is going to do:

j.L----------j.H----Fly-j.L---------j.H--------D.Hole----j.H--------D.Hole----j.H
10,000 + 17,000 + 10,000 + 17,000 + 36,000 + 17,000 + 36,000 + 17,000 = 160,000

You can replace the first j.L with j.M for an extra 4k like… but lol I feel for you with Dante’s…

Edit: Wonder how long we’ll get to use this all then… http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jun/27/niitsuma-likely-responds-tac-infinite-reports-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-adjusting-mechanics/

Update (double post too):
Put a new vid in the OP and included some key information about executing the loops.

Hmmmm I’ve been practicing this for awhile and it is definitely that J.H at the end making shit diffiicult… I feel that theres a better way to set this up I just gotta experiment now…

So far I’ve only been able to do three reps, and that was only once.

i cant link the j,l whith j,h in the relaunch any tips

Then you’re missing the important part/requirement of the infinite, ie. hitting the falling j.H on the exact frame when you land.

thanks alot

Ok…I find that I can land the first loop of the infinite just fine because my fly combo is high enough for me to adjust my falling H by delaying it so it hits on the right frame. The problem I am having is after the first loop, my fly leaves me so close to the ground that I either have to spam H after the second dark hole or it wont hit…and it almost never hits on the right frame. So are there any tips for landing the falling H when you are pretty close to the ground?

Has anyone tried using the marlin pie tech with the dormammu infinite? I guess u can add Unfly with the final jh before the jump l? Anyone try this?

I’ve actually found this to be quite an easy infinite.
You just have to delay the H a little before you hit the ground. Leave it as late as possible.
Simple. :smiley:

Its not simple bro stop your bullshit

Something I’ve been doing to make this slightly less impossible. I’ve been doing just one loop, getting into the infinite and then during the air sequence end with a j.S. I have assists to extend off a flame carpet, and my point usually doesn’t use them on either of my Dormammu teams, or rather if I used that assist’s slot I’ll just do a regular TAC combo. Considering it’s only one thing needing to be timed, and the entry into the infinite is slightly more consistent than the jumploops, it feels decent. Also, it’s fun seeing if I can charge red twice before going into Dark Dimension. That I don’t have consistent yet, but afterwards, red charge, BOOM, looks so swaggy and’ll probably do absolutely amazing damage off another character’s throw.

I’ve been doing this occasionally in matches with corner TACs, sometimes it even works :D! can’t do midscreens well yet. But I’m cheating because Taskmaster and Nemesis corner carry a lot.

boom

thanks to you I think we are only missing good side and up starters midscreen and we are good to go.

my contribution to the infinite:

Hey guys, I know this is the Dormammu forums but this new TAC infinite really means a lot for Firebrand. A few of us Firebrand players (Apologyman, HAz Angelic, and myself) have been brainstorming on how we can use it and I decided to write up this post to explain what it means for Firebrand. Idk if you guys can find anything useful in particular for Dormammu, but any Firebrand/Dormammu players should definitely look here.

Seems like all of the side/up tacs in your video alejandrosh still rely on starting with the manually timed H? Any discovery on ways to get close to the ground while preserving your dash for the easy connect?

Also a small note for the down corner tac, I find it better to float down back rather than down forward, then you need no adjustments for left/right.
And for people who are having trouble landing the dash down H like I was for a little bit, don’t press the H directly after the dash, delay for a short time so that you and the enemy are slightly closer to the ground when you cancel the dash.

New guide by Angelic.

I sat down earlier today and have been practicing Angelic’s new starter, and I have to say that this new one is 100% match practical. Side TAC is the only one I can’t get consistent, but up and down are really easy once you get the hang of it. And the midscreen starters are very similar to the corner ones, so you don’t have to learn that many variations to learn them all.

I will say that, execution wise, it is very tight. I’m a pad player, so two face buttons are one time can be hard to do consistently. I have my right stick button set as L+M+H+S and my right trigger as L+M. If I could just do j.H xx QCB+HS, it would be easier, but I’m do this weird thing of j.H~(Hold L+M), QCB+LMHS, but only HS register since I am still holding down LM. Anyway, the main problem I’m having is that sometimes, even when I think I executed it right, I get a regular unfly even though the input display says HS at the same time.

The input nullification glitch is weird for him, which is why I THINK that you need to do a perfect (down, down forward, forward, H+S) to be able to get it. If you have any extra inputs or directions, he seems to just unfly instead.

EDIT/
Found the problem. Just make sure you return the stick to neutral before doing your QCB+HS.