Does What a Spider Can! UMvC3 Spidey Combo Thread

Other than me liking to differ myself from other players I get more normals in than I would with an :h: web swing. Plus I actually could still do s:m: c:h: xx :l: web swing j:h: j:s: after the rep but I like my combo :lol: I’m starting to work on more combos now though, sorry been trying to have a little fun with the game first.

I got this setup for a air-throw reset or an Ultimate Web Throw reset.
(j.:s: or cr.:l:), cr.:m:, cr.:h:, :l: web-swing, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:s:, st.:l:…
After the standing L you can either wait a little bit for your opponent to tech in the air and get the air-throw. Or you can use UWT after st.L. Note that you have to be quick. You can follow it up with Web Zip OTG combos.
Speaking of air throws, does anyone know any good solo combos after an regular air-throw or and UWT?

I use a similar variation except after the :l: web-swing I use j.:h: j.:s:, st.:m:, st.:h: xx :h: Spider Sting, spider bite. cr. :m: UWT. Afterwards you can zip back in and combo. But I will have to try and experiment with some combo ideas for Spidey.

I always did that combo 'cause it looked cool. Now I have to do it because the hitstun scaling from shopping cart doesn’t allow anything else

could be worse

:lol: I also just came up with an option select UWT using this combo and web zip. I’ll try and have a tutorial for it later today

To edit what I was saying. Unlike the one that was posted on the front page this one does involve web zip but also uses max hit stun decay and auto correction for the option select. To be brief, web zip is the time delay/neutral stopper while UWT will always grab a back flip tech and if they forward tech UWT auto corrects placing Spidey behind the opponent still grabbing them and at the perfect placing for a corner followup

I’m having a hard consistently hitting spider sting. Also, what’s a good combo to use the otg effect from the web zip? I can’t seem to figure one out

Well once you consistently land Spider Sting/Bite you can do the following anywhere on screen on most people.

:l: Spider Sting/Bite xx Web Zip j:s: s:m: s:h: xx :h: Web Swing j:m: j:m: j:s: s:m: s:h: xx :m: Web Throw, TK MS

How are you guys canceling spider sting into Crawler Assault? Aren’t you off the ground after the attack?

Spider sting starts on the ground

At least how I do it is I guess buffering it. Immediately after Spider sting just hit 2 attack buttons and it registers a DP motion with them from the previous input. Not sure if I am doing it right but it works for me.

That’s exactly how you do it :lol:

yay! I guess I am doing it right then! Great.

I actually felt like Spidey goes airborne sooner in this version (but it was probably just me going a whole month without Marvel, lol), so I’ve been doing an extra DP motion just to apply the right timing so I don’t cancel the Spider Sting too early or too late.

cr.:h: xx :l: Spider Sting xx CA.
is a lot easier than
:l: Spider Sting xx CA.

more time to buffer stuff

still trying to get it down, but the way I get CA out of Spider Sting L is by doing :f::d: :df:+:l: :d: :df:+:atk::atk:

I try doing the normal way (two srk motions) and I get MS

You’re doing it too slow and Spidey is leaving the ground

Okay thx for the input guys. Didn’t realize how fast you had to do the input.

Nothing too complex here, probably the most interesting thing is how you can use hawkeye’s poison arrow for double webthrows. I’d do something more complex before I start webthrowing but I couldn’t find anything more complex that left enough hitstun to go into web throw.

[media=youtube]IZjekOMZFSw[/media]

I’m not really sure where I should ask this, but I figured it would be best in the combo thread. I’ve been trying out Xero’s new jump loop BnB, but I’ve been having lots of trouble with connecting the OTG Web Zip (“swing zip”). In general, how strict is the timing to get the OTG at the end of the combo? Also, is there a list of assists we can use to extend the combo after the OTG? Or, is this a matter of how tight my execution of the combo is?

I don’t think it’s that tight. The moment you input for web swing you can actually cancel it into the zip, so you don’t have to wait for the swing animation to fully start up. If this is still hard for you, you can land and then immediately dash back plus assist then jump and do an immediate web zip as well. Personally I mix it up between the two between calling assists and not calling so I can catch people with a reset. Another thing that helps with the spacing is when you get to the corner and do your launch combo just jump straight up as opposed to up forwards. The pushback from the moves spaces him better for the zip to hit dead on instead of the corner. If you do jump up forwards I’d suggest dashing back plus assist when landing.