Does she have any real uses

I don’t really understand any useful function that she can provide. She has a bunch of weird moves but none of them really seem good, I guess I’m just asking someone to prove me wrong

she’s annoying. 2nd rate sakura. that’s about it.

Ok thats the conclusion I came to myself I just wanted a second opinion, thanks.

Battery character.

Shes bad ass use her

and yes shes a good battery

no supers with her

Think quick

she dies too quickly to be a useful battery. on top of that, she can’t really inflict serious damage unless she’s in k and raged, and that defeats the purpose of using her as a battery. if anything, she’s good in a against k. but even then, she still sucks.

Yuri doesn’t suck. She takes more effort and skill to win with that’s all. I say learn her. If you can win with Yuri, then you’ll have no trouble winning with a character like Sakura or Sagat come tournament time.

Kyosuke and Dan are the only two characters that I would never use in this game. Just look at their frame data along side a character like Cammy’s or Guile’s. Kyosuke and Dan are the only characters that really suck.

to kcxj: then what would you consider to be yuri’s strong points? to me, for a character to not suck, he/she has to have decent matchups against the more commonly used characters. i’ll admit that’s harsh because most characters in this game die to cbs or whatever, but still.

Damnit…:mad:

I just wrote a reply, but I forgot to ctrl-A --> ctrl-C what I wrote. I hit reply and this stupid website says I wasn’t logged in, and I lose everything…

Yuri has a +6 far s.HK and a 3 frame d.HK. I’ll rewrite after I have some more patience.

i’m actually pretty interested. yuri always seems like a crap character to me.

Her Saiha is great for warding off jump ins and rush down. She has the natural option of a juggle after her DP. Just don’t waste time trying to land a super unless your opponent is foolishly abusing their projectile attacks then a Haoh Sho Ko Ken will suffice.

Yuir strengths:

-s.lk, s.rouhndouse,c.mk excellent pokes
-close s.rouhndouse is like kens, so u can do some funky stuff with that.
-close s.mk can set up nice counter hits
-meaty RC siafa is extremely good, almost too good against people who can’t duck under it. If u r in a-groove and it hits near the corner it’s a free custom
-Very easy customs, that do decent damage, and good setups to land customs
-A good fireball
-c.fierce is really good AA
-she’s short, so she can duck under a lot of shit

Weaknesses:
-low life
-pitiful damage

don’t you guys think her weaknesses outwiegh her strengths?

she’s a good battery. She’s constantly poking with s.roundhouse. and using her qcf+p and qcf+k fireballs. She get’s meter pretty quick

i just can’t get past the fact that she dies so fast. how can she be a good meter builder if she’ll be killed fairly quickly most of the time? and i’m not trying to convince anyone to not play her or anything. this is more for my own info.

Dudes, dudes… Yuri is in no way bad. You want to kick ass with her, play her in A or S-Groove.

Yes, I mean it. S-Groove does not suck, especially not for her.

I play Yuri in N-Groove… she seems to be okay in that form. IMO she’s very underrated and capable of a lot of offense, but that’s just me. Definitely the best as a R1 battery character who goes first.

If you don’t have patience, don’t play her. That’s all I can say.

I have a friend down in Fres. that plays with Yuri…

Thats all she is is a battery… but be patient and play defense and the “pitiful damage” quickly adds up. Not only that but it seems she is anti K groove. You just cant abuse the mini air fireball move or you could be rolled on. Not only that but her “ass” overhead can combo right to super…

Seeing how shes a battery, you want be missing that bar or two anytime soon.

Also it seems that N and A groove build up better ridiculously quick so she would be an excellent pick for those grooves.

Just my 2 cents.

i luv yuri’s rireball. i’m not sure but it seems like she has faster recovery over it then shotos and what not.

her d.hp is an awesome aa.

her cr.lk, cr.lk, st.lk (it might be lp lp lk) into fireball super is easy to do, and it does a fair amount of damage

rc’ing her uppercuts isn’t bad either. she has other decent moves u can rc.

that roundhouse is long and annoying.

sweeping at the tip of her foot into qcf+k seems safe…

well i guess that’s it for now…

The ONLY reason Yuri sucks is because of low damage output. The low stamina would not be such a big issue if Yuri could give nearly as good as she gets, because her moves are top notch. As is, she’s just not worth it since her B&B barely hurts and not even her custom is that hurtful.

Also, her low stun stamina is a problem as well.