Does Rufus have any unblockable setups?

Hi i’ve scouring the web for awhile and cant seem to find any unblockable setups for Rufus.
Are there any character specific unblockable setups for rufus that im not aware of? (Maybe off j.mk)?

Additionally, im trying expand my safe jump setups… are there any more beyond:

1. forward throw variety
  • st.hk, jump hp
  • st.hp, walk a step jump hp
  1. Mid screen Hp tornado, walk a step jump hp

2. Corner hp tornado, light tornado, instant dive kick

I’m pretty sure Rufus has no unblockable setups, at least none have been found yet.

As for safe jumps I’ve never invested much time in them really, the only one I use regularly of what you mentioned is number 2 so maybe someone else can help you out with them :slight_smile:

Not to my knowledge. But I have a few setups that create the “even if you block it you can’t block it” situation. Probably easier for me to just make a video…

erm isn’t that an unblockable? :wink:

It isn’t only because you can autocorrect dp out of it or if you know to switch your block, at the exact timing. So not technically unblockable, but very-hard-to-blockable.

Ah right I get you :slight_smile:

[media=youtube]YVzXU-JmhOc[/media]
Video Description:
“The strange hurtbox/hitbox setup of Rufus’ divekick allows you to do some ambiguous stuff in the corner. Because the divekick and the short can hit on any combination of same side or crossup, it can be very difficult to block. And small variations in setup timing can make it two consecutive 50/50’s that lead to a full combo or ultra.”

Awesome thanks! So it seems I’ve been using very-hard-to-blockable setups without realising that was the case, i’ll have to spend some time in training mode to get the timing down though as I think it’s normally just luck.

Btw the video was really well structured and easy to follow which I find isn’t as easy as it looks to do :slight_smile:

I don’t understand what #2 is. Mid-screen HP Tornado? Enlighten the noob!

A tornado that doesn’t hit in the corner.

Today Justin Wong posted on twitter that he discover a Rufus unblockable, let’s find this

Justin also said that the combo outlined in this thread is not actually an “unblockable”. Based on what Tuck’s video advises, it should be one.

it shouldn’t, Ruck’s setup it’s only a strong mixup, if the oponent defend forward and quick change to back he will defend the target combo

I thought with other “unblockables” that you could also defend with proper direction switching and/or “1 frame” blocking techniques. After watching Tuck’s video again, I agree that this is not a “unblockable” due to having to wait for block stun to end before performing the target combo.

At first, I thought that the dive kick was hitting both sides, not the dive kick hitting the front side and the target combo hitting the back.

No he doesn’t. He has a dive kick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

So I’ve been messing around with divekick corner setups and I’ve found one that Seth gets hit on whether he blocks forward or back…However he can just crouch block in either direction and it gets blocked. A little confusing I know, so if someone else could check this out that’d be great :wink:

In the corner: fwd throw - dash x2 - vertical jump and dk before you reach the peak. If you do it right it should hit around his waist, if it hits his leg then your too early and his head your too late etc.

Here’s a video I made about the unblockable setup on Seth:

Description: This video covers a standing unblockable (unblockable divekick) setup I’ve found that works on Seth in the corner. The setup is: forward throw - dash twice - vertical jump and then divekick before you reach the peak (look at 0:26 for reference).

Unfortunately Seth can crouch block this, therefore a good mix-up to use in conjunction with this setup is cross-up medium kick as this cannot be crouch blocked. Aside from crouch blocking Seth’s only other option is to FADC forward, if he does anything else (including uppercuts, super or ultra) he will either get hit or you will be able to punish him :slight_smile:

Interesting. I hadn’t thought much about this before, but dive kicks are not the greatest tool for unblockable setups because they can be crouch blocked. Most other unblockables that I’ve seen are all jump-in attacks. Because crouching changes your hitbox, I doubt you’ll find one setup that is unblockable on both standing and crouching players. This is a cool find, thanks for sharing.

Good point I actually didn’t think about that either. I was considering looking more into unblockable divekick setups after finding the standing one, but what you say makes complete sense so I won’t bother now. Thanks :wink:

I bet we could find other Rufus unblockables using jump in normals though. I doubt many Rufus players have spent much time doing that, because the divekick is such a focal point for us.

I found some new semi-useful setups for Rufus that I have not seen anyone else using… I need to look into recording software for PC and I’ll make a video.