Does Rufus have any unblockable setups?

He has no unblockables. /thread

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I’ve checked the set-up in the video above, and it would seem that Rufus does indeed have an unblockable :slight_smile:

Awesome find mubress! I’ve been incorporating it into my games against seth lately… makes a HUGE difference.
In all honestly, most high level players block dive kick standing anyway as there are advantages in doing so.
Rufus Dive kicks crosses up much more easily when an opponent crouch block in addition to causing the most amount of frame advantage (due to the height of the landed d ive kick). So with that in mind, most strong players stand block the first dive kick and then immediately switches to low block…

With Seths unblockable, its a win-win situation for Rufus whether he block standing or crouching (due to his height). Anyway thanks so much for the share :slight_smile:

Great, happy to hear someone is using it! Like you say it’s basically a win-win, even if you mistime it (slightly) your still safe it’s just not unblockable. The more tech we have against Seth the better eh :wink:

So I was testing new setups after Ultra 1 and I actually found an unblockable on El Fuerte with Rufus’ dive kick.
I don’t have any way of recording the set up so if it doesn’t work right away for you, your probably missing the timing on the dive kick.
This unblockable doesn’t work in the corner

The way to do the unblockable is this - Target Combo -> Ultra 1 -> f. dash (2) -> s. lp -> f. jump -> dive kick

The timing on the dive kick isn’t that strict but its not that easy either.
If El Fuerte crouches he will still get hit either way he blocks
El Fuerte can escape this setup four different ways but cant punish Rufus.

1. Ex Run - none of his follow ups on his run will be able to hit Rufus
  2. Focus Attack
  3. Back Dash
  4. Guacamole Leg Throw

This is only unblockable against El Fuerte but it is also a good setup on other characters. There are a few characters that this set up will whiff on like Blanka.
I’m not sure if the unblockable works on every way you can land on Ultra 1 out side of the corner because sometime the opponent will land a little further away in some setups. If you do Ex Messiah Kick fadc into Ultra some times the opponent will land a little bit further away than if you do the target combo into Ultra. The small difference in distance from the opponent might make it not work but I don’t know because it’s not as easy to test since the training mode timer isn’t long enough.**