Does anyone else here find Street Fighter stressful?

I’ve played SSF4 quite a lot the past year, accumulating about 9,000 online ranked games overall, but I’m not sure why anymore. I find that after playing this game I’m quite tense and uneasy afterwards, as if I’ve been through a rigorous exam. I find that when I win online I think to myself, “ok got the win, next”. Whereas when I lose I just lose my mind with anger and frustration. I hate losing more than I like winning, and I’m just not sure if I should bother playing any more; I find that this game gets me stressed, which is the very opposite purpose of a video game!

Does any one else feel like this at all? I feel like you can’t be good at this game unless you basically sacrifice your life for it and I’m not sure if the stress is worth it any more.

Hi, posted this in the wrong section, admins can delete if they wish. I’d delete it but I don’t know how.

You’re at a juncture where you must make a decision. Stress and fighting games go hand in hand. Decide whether or not it is for you and press.

Also: try taking short breaks. You would be surprised how much they can help.

If u find the game stressful instead of entertaining,it’s time for a break

Oh man, if you’re getting salt from this game then I don’t think you’ll ever wanna play Marvel. :rofl:

i feel you, you love playing at the same time you shouldnt really be playing. This happens in alot of walks of life basketballers etc. Youve just come to the crossroad where you gotta choose if its a flukey hobby or a serious thing of yours

Play Tekken Tag 2, that game will make you rage more than anything. Then you can come back to SF and enjoy yourself.

LOL TTT2 ain’t so bad. SF definitely

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe you need to find stronger opponents? I loose almost every game playing against players with 5 times more experience than me and I love it, lol. I don’t expect to win, so when I do it is awesome, and I get heaps of points for it. I also only get to play online every weekend, so the offline practice gets me fired up ^^

You know what’s funny, now there’s a plethora of videos of SF4 on youtube (arcade version, not arcade edition) and I remember back when SF4 PC came out, I said it was inferior to the graphics of the arcade original. Now there’s proof out there! it only took 2 years!!!

lol tt2 is waaaaay easier. I can actually win in that with lars/dvj in this god damn street fighter game I get fucked up every match lol, I never know how to get in without getting hit by an anti air or a projectile

The mindset of every champion. After a while, the hatred of losing becomes stronger than the love of winning. Its natural.

I think with anything competitive it is natural to have a little stress… but if it gets to the point where its unhealthy it might be time to take a break. I just recently took a couple month break and when I came back I felt very refreshed and ready to learn again.

Also perhaps maybe pick up a different game or character? Sometimes if I am losing interest in a game I will do this and it helps a lot.

Just remember that this is a hobby and you are suppose to enjoy it. It should also be more about personal improvement rather than a w/l ratio. My w/l ratio has always stayed relatively the same but the level of competition I face gets better so its all relative.

I only get upset or stressed when I mess up a combo or punish.

This. I think that everyone who plays this game, or any fighter, a lot has hated it at some point. Easier said than done, but the best thing you can do is learn from your losses.

lol I look at my losses and realized my biggest problem was that every damn time I jump in, I get hit and It’s just impossible to get in for me! I still can’t figure out how to get in lol

After playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as my main game these last 2 years, I find it very hard to get angry in Street Fighter 4.

Don’t play Marvel man, I swear I thought I almost lost my mind once, I was kicking shit over and throwing my controller on the floor, I actually had to do deep breathing exercises and dip my head in a bowl of cold water to get myself back under control and realize that it’s just a video game online.

Ask yourself, why is it so important to win in an online game against a random person? Are you perhaps trying to get the feeling of accomplishment which you cant get anywhere else in your everyday life at the moment?

Understanding the fact that winning online is not important at all and stuff like BP/Rating are even less important e-peen extensions is the first step to get rid of all the pointless stress & rage any fighting game gives you.

Ive played competitively for 3 years now (granted not SF but other fighting games) and raging was a big issue for me before i started it. Even to the point that it took me a good couple of hours to cooldown after i had lost (even more so if i felt like i had eaten cheezy shit because of lag and the player i was fighting sent some mocking messages to me)

Get your feeling of accomplishment from elsewhere, or if you are bent on getting it from fighting games go into real offline tournaments. This way you will understand online is just a casual fighting ground. No ones going to pat you on the shoulder for your BP or online rating

This is why the best players are always friends with other best players, in my opinion. You need to legitimately enjoy each other’s company in order to overcome hating the loss or feeling cheated.

Laughing off bullshit is an essential skill to learning how to stop it.

This is a big problem I have with online. You can Skype or message but it’s not the same as face to face communication with the same person for long periods of time.

It stresses me, sure. But I enjoy it! Pain in the neck… could be the headphones.