Does anyone else here find Street Fighter stressful?

I will get so angry at this game, so stressed when I lose to bull crap. It makes me feel invalid while I play. I have stress issues with this game, and I need to get over them. It’s just a game, but I have a strong pride for it, even though I know I am not that good yet. Raging just makes me feel even worse, and it makes me play worse. In a game where finesse and focus are prime, raging will make you lose faster than you can say Hadouken.

time to take a break dude.
try playing offline with a buddy with different characters, that’ll change your tone.

when you’re hungry again. you can start playin competitive.
but it sounds like you need a break.
we all go through this.

its a part of levelin up.

I’ll tell ya stressful…I played on a PSX pad, but after a few weeks of playing the right arrow of the d pad started sticking. While I looked to replace with a stick, I played with this pad…unable to dash, jumping straight up when I meant to jump forward, etc. Obviously messing up and losing cause of that was extremely stressful.

Then I finally get my stick, yay…except I grew up used to circular gates and american bat top sticks with the 6 button HAPP layout. So with my SFXTekken pro cross, I have to think where the buttons are, and I can’t wrap my fist round the ball top stick, and the square gate feels weird. That was 2 weeks ago, finally I’m getting more used to it, but still mess up tons of stuff I never would on pad. Hurrah…person made a bad mistake, and I can do a punish with full ultra meter which will be sure kill since opponent is almost dead. A jab comes out. A jab! I stare…lamenting this, and then die. Stressful. Though once I get completely comfortable with the stick I’m sure the stress will disappear (except for lag).

You must ask yourself why you play. Really, ask yourself. I had this exact same problem. When I accepted that I could truly play this game to have fun and learn is when I stopped feeling stress. Don’t be fooled by ppl drilling it down your neck that you have to win or else you suck. I was once in the top 100 ranked Fei’s onling (lol I know big wup), but the point was I was trying so hard to win that I was actually hampering myself. You’ll find that if you have fun and just experiment and learn, you’ll actually become a better player. I’m now losing 90% of my matches but learning something new about Yang almost every match. If I really wanted to I could easily get him to above 3000pp, believe me Yang wups ppl’s butts like no ones business. But losing and learning is actually more fun to me. Don’t stress, just have fun! Maybe stress if you go to a tournament or something :stuck_out_tongue:

When you play street fighter for fun an nothing else then it can be very fun an non stressful. Now if you play sf for the reason i do(i want to be a top 3 competent tourny pro) then getting the experience and training 5 hours a day can be the most heart breaking and demoralizing experience one could have. I myself find it to be a rough road with great rewards with the right amount of effort. the key to keeping the drive for me is to play casuals atleast 3 times a week where i dont care about winning an just troll an mess around with friends^^