DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

That is beyond fucking awesome.

I’m still in shock that this happened.

So how is Mai going to play? Are they gonna keep her classic moves from throughout Fatal Fury and King Of Fighters, or just throw a bunch of random shit from other ninja characters onto her? I mean at most Mai’s typically had at last several moves, but how are they gonna expand her to be on par with your average 3D fighting game character? Or will they go the Tekken 7 Akuma route?

If they keep her fan projectile that might be interesting, there aren’t any projectile type attacks in DOA right?

DOA has had projectiles.

What characters or what games had those? Only example I can think of was maybe Tengu in DOA2, I recall him having some sort of long ranged type projectile move I think.

Bankotsubo (Tengu), Nyotengu, Raidou, Zack, and Genra (Omega) all have projectiles.

As for Mai’s game play, I think Koei Tecmo is going to retain many noteworthy aspects of her move set from her past incarnations. Upon doing so, they adjust her abilities so that she’d fit it well with the others in spite of origins. This what @d3v , Destruction_Bomb and I theorized earlier on FSD.

They could base her on her Real Bout incarnations, there she had chains, things like fan rekkas, lineshift attacks and other stuff that could translate well to a 3D game.

I think Angel’s moveset would have been easier to implement than Mai’s, but Mai’s way more iconic.

Are there going to be more DLC characters after this? I wonder if they will eventually get Tifa

Wait Zack has a projectile? Or are you counting his Blanka Ball where he IS the projectile? lol

Zack Beam.

EDIT:
As a matter of fact…

Wow… I had no idea he had that. Funny move tho, but not something I’d expect to be used like a traditional fighting game projectile move like Mai and her fans.

I wonder if they’ll try to implement some KoF mechanics into her playstyle. I’m not talking doing a full Akuma with a character specific meter and HD/Max mode, but maybe giving her a KoF style roll.

They was able to almost completely put in Naotora’s move style from SW4 into DOA5.
If anything, they can easily do the same for Mai, but I do see that she may not keep her aerial specials unless they are now going to be chains or they will be chained into a double “jump” like Momiji has.

Air Knee could be just an overhead and her butt dive like Tina’s. Also, doesn’t Alpha already has air specials? But with A LOT of recovery?

Yeah but those come from her teleport options. Mai doesn’t really have a teleport so she will have to make due from a double jump-like option from Momiji or have them come from chains.

Wait, Mai’s trailer doesn’t have PC stamp on it. So she is not coming to Steam? WTF?

I don’t think Naotora had the PC stamp either in her teaser(not a trailer) so wait till there’s a trailer until then.

Save yourself some heartache and don’t get doa5 on pc guys (am sure this was mentioned already…)

The only plus that the PC version has over the ps4 is the capability of using mods (specially nude mods).
Other than that it is inferior in every way.