DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round Thread

Is this game actually taken that seriously in the FGC?

And the new character Marie looks pretty enough! ^o^

Patch updates incoming

Posting from the just now complete Official Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Tournament, Hayashi announced that at the end of January there will be a patch to the Arcade version of the game. In February, the consoles will receive said arcade patch sans Marie Rose. Marie Rose will be available on console some time in the spring.

http://freestepdodge.com/threads/patch-updates-incoming.4005/

Let’s hope they un-nerf a bit Rachel and Momiji a little.

Does it matter what others think?

Here’s hoping Vita gets a doa5 ultimate+ release once all the console dlc is released.

Hey…isn’t it kinda odd (and maybe a little telling) that the series got actually good and became a mainstream/serious fighter once Itagaki left?

Lolwut? Momiji isn’t in need of a nerf. She already caught a nerf the last patch that came out. Team Ninja has done enough nerfing, we need more buffs for the lower tiered characters…

The series was always “decent” I just think Itagiki was just a little to stubborn to add any sort of change. Every DoA game was basically the same. We might get some new moves and a few new characters, but other then that, everything else remained the same. I think it is safe to say the series was getting stale.

I also hope we get another Vita release, I definitely enjoyed having the game on the go. I don’t think the vanilla Vita release did well enough though to justify another release though…

he said UN-nerf, not nerf

Sorry, it seemed a little weird that he said “un-nerf rachel a bit and momiji a little” when he could of said “buff rachel and momiji a little” Seemed like he wanted Rachel un-nerfed and momiji nerfed a little more.

Rumour is that Itagaki made DOA4 the way it was because some regular players in Japan beat him and that he supposedly felt that these players were not “playing the game the way he wanted”.

You are confusing things. He made DOA4 the way it was after he was shown what was capable in DOA3.

The not playing the way he wanted, was an instance at CGS when watching players play DOA4. He noticed they basically were turtling/spacing on opposite sides of the screen. He replied “you need to hit the buttons faster” which I can only imply is "attack already ". However in a game with no throw breaks, instant holding out of critical / guard breaks/ environment, it frankly was safer to waiting the final seconds to land a hit lol.

Now being that I never even remotely even attempted to learn anything about DOA until 5, were there seriously no throw breaks in 4?

Wow, no throw breaks? I remember Critical Hold damage being ridiculous and pretty much every strike resulting in a stun.

All I know is that 4 was a complete mess and was pretty much the guillotine for DoA’s (already shaky) reputation as a competitive fighter (something TN is still trying to recover from to this day, and doing a fairly decent job at it I may add).

Now curious about this. What exactly about DOA3 did he not like?

Wooooow this is some info dude, please enlighten us.

So… It looks like there is some balance changes coming in that new patch… But I can’t read Japanese… So if anybody can read this TELL ME WHAT THEY DID TO AYANE AND MOMIJI RIGHT NOW!!!

what does this mean for Rachel and Momiji?

I just saw this new character, Marie Rose. She looks A LOT like Misa Amane from Death Note. Just something I thought I should bring up lol.

Rachel got nerfed again, so she’s even shittier now.

Momiji doesn’t seem bad off

She got tiny nerfs, the backturn walkspeed increase is huge, the exra recovery sucks but being in half risen is pretty good and she got some frame advantage buffs. And even after the first nerf she just went to high mid tier. Shut up.

Nah, she’s the worst character, this just makes her even more so

How is the game doing in Japan arcades?