Do you consider yourself an OG member?

It’s more like 2009 where the 3rd Generation starts. The year where SF4 came out on consoles and brought in new fans with online comp and streaming matches.

Seriously, why is playing SF4 such a disgrace?

Been here during the newsgroup, Gouki’s Page of Whatever, and SRK/Fighters.net days. My old SRK handle was from late 2000.

I’m inclined to agree honestly, I just thought it was tidy to have 9s at the end of each gen.

the fun days with a lot of familiar faces, lurk, lurk I do.

i started lurking in 2003 (back when I was just looking for 3S vids) but didn’t join until 2004. I still have some old SoCal vids with Frankie3S, Vic, pyrolee

Ahh yes, the clever way of saying you joined in 2007.

(Me too. Hahaha.)

Took all of 5 seconds to make my name so I could respond to something in 2004. Lurked from 2001 because I thought forums were nerdy at the time. Have been stuck with this creative name for close to ten years now. Could not be prouder. Was just playing 3s today and battled a random srk member. It feels good to belong!!

Some of the SRK super OGs (guys who run SRK, not people who “just” joined the site early) had their Rep totals locked to award them special titles.

Some of the giant avs were simply holdovers from the transition to vBulletin. IIRC, people like that (TS?) couldn’t change their avs because they’d hit the limit. But they still could rock their legacy gigantic slab of avatar.

On vBulletin, there was also a secret orange theme.

As regards the awesome vBulletin arcade, I know that some peeps figured out how to hack the game scores. Still very fun, though.

SF4 players don’t acknowledge anything else that exists before SF4

Pre SF4 players don’t acknowledge SF4 players exist.

Makes sense.

Fuck these noobs for ruining everything. I HATE YOU.

that sounds like a SF game, lol.

you could say the generations could be defined by their games…

1st gen: ST/Alpha Series
2nd gen: CvS2/MvC2
3rd gen: SFIV and all the shit that made SF scrubby. :slight_smile:

That’s exactly what I had in mind along with 3S.

This is a pretty decent approach, though I think there’s been at least a little scrubbiness in every game… with the possible exception of ST.

It’s funny. CvS2 was the first game I took seriously enough to get decent at, but if you twisted my arm, I think I loved the previous generation of games (as defined here) even more. I think I was just too young and geographically isolated to have any viability in them.

yeah, I’d say 3s falls into this category

I was actually referencing Ganj the Fire Tiger when I mentioned that. I forgot his user name at the time. Rhio2K brought it all back to light. :smiley:

Id love to play against you old farts from the first gen and second gen in those respective games you all are supposed to be like.Something tells me I could stomp yall in sf2 pretty badly.

Weird question: did anybody actually play SF3: NG?

Did anybody actually play it and like it?

I know I did, though I wasn’t evaluating it in terms of competitive worthiness at the time. I was more impressed with its presentation, which decayed with each installment even as the gameplay improved.

Also where is S.AM?

YOU WANT PAIN
YOU WANT PAIN
AEGIS REFLECTOR

Also I remember when someone called him “Sam,” S.AM replied “don’t say my name without the dot cunt” or something similar.

That sounds like hilarity ensued.