Do you consider yourself an OG member?

S.AM man wth happened to all these people? I also remember Geekboy.

Iā€™m an 02ā€™er but I go back a little further. I was a regular on the ShinAkuma.com Forums in 00-01ish. I also used to own the gamepro SF2 guide and got heavy into Champion Edition as a kid around 94

:wtf::rolleyes::coffee:

^^^ thereā€™s your answer.

I am actually guilty of enjoying it. I played it hardcore when it first came out in our university arcade/pool hall. Then I fell in love with Second Impactā€¦ personally, I wished 3s kept some of the awesomeness in Sean from 2I and Ryuā€™s rediculous 2x Denjin. sigh

That site is amazing! Thanks to it, I was able to find some old reviews that I lost. I wish I could like your post 100 times.

I played a few rounds of it at a beach arcade one summer. I was like, ā€œStreet Fighter THREE? ā€¦Where the fuck is everyone?ā€ I picked Ken and forgot about the series until Double Impact dropped on the Dreamcast. I liked each installment. The hip-hop soundtrack of 3S was cool, I thought.

Surkin (feat Chromeo)- White Knight reminds me of 3S, and the title reminds me of SRK.

I remember a black female poster (not rock-chickā€¦ or was it roxie?.. some other black chick, not her) who often complained about black men being in interracial relationships, as if SRK was the type of place youā€™d vent such frustrations, and she didnt even see the irony in her views even-though sheā€™d tell us she was engaged to her white fianceā€¦ the funny thing was she was also racist towards the white members on srk, calling Limegreen and one of the moderators ā€œdumb crackersā€ā€¦ she eventually left SRK after being cussed out by everyone.

Not an OG, despite being registered with SRK for 8 years. But I registered in 04, which was the original 09.

I DID play SF III: NG back in the day. As you said, itā€™s one of those games that after so many upgrades and revisions it becomes obsolete and ugly every time you play it (WW, X-Men COTA, KOF '94, Fatal Fury 1, MK I, etc.). I also enjoyed it throughly and itā€™s the arcade game to which I owe my biggest offline streak (37 wins with who would become my main throughout the series, Alex. Dunno how this guy keeps getting jipped in every SF IV revision + SFxT, I DONā€™T WANT NO MOTHERFUCKIN TWINS!).

Why do you have an avatar of Lance Bass?

I played it. I almost skipped 2I because no arcade had it at that point. We got 3S kinda straight from NG. I liked the new characters and the new art, so you could say I liked it in a scrubbish way, as in when I played it I wasnā€™t doing it competitively (that started with 3S).

YES!!! The arcade I went to at the time was called Gamewarp. Had it on a showcase cabinet right in front of the arcade. I loved the game, but hated that Dhalsim wasnā€™t in it. Personally, I NEVER knew about parries. The arcade I went to actually was a bigger MK arcade (that was the most popular game there), and later own the arcade got ruled by Soul Calibur and Tekken. Street Fighter 3 wasnā€™t a big hit at the arcade, but there were about 4 or 5 guys who played it regularly. It went away pretty quick though. I never really had much of a problem with the game to be honest. I thought it felt good (keep in mind at this time I was play Super Street Fighter 2 on Genesis). I remember hating the fact that Ryu and Ken lost their air tatsuā€™s though, and you had to choose your super art. I had been playing Alpha so I didnā€™t like those changes.

In terms of presentation, I think 2I had the best, 2nd was 3s, last was NG. Now Dudley theme and Gill theme in NG were much better than their later incarnations. I also liked the zoom in vortex effect during super arts. But other than that, no much write home about. Alex and Sean stage in 2I were all much better.

I played it, but I didnā€™t really appreciate it at the time. I found it at a arcade a few months ago and all I could think was ā€œholy shit these hit confirms are easy.ā€ Still hate SF3 series though.

You just skull fucked my mind.

I was always impressed with how pretty NG looked, but I couldnā€™t take the time to invest much time in it. I had no particularly strong feelings towards parries, but I also didnā€™t realize how theyā€™d change the later games. I will say this though, NG felt so empty and incomplete(thatā€™s because it really was). Especially compared to the bigger game out at the time, Alpha 2. If I stuck around for 2nd Impact, Iā€™m not sure how I would have felt for 3rd Strike.

I will say this though: I hate 2nd Impact. lol

It MAY have been rokchik. She changed her name to Roxie and then RC went ballistic on her in a post and banned the shit out of her. She has never been back. She used to date a poster on hereā€¦I forget who. I remember S.AMā€™s ā€œYOU WANT PAIN?!ā€ post, shit was awesome.

And when Black Jesus was really Adam Warlock and his ā€œArpeā€ avs.

Good times, srkā€¦good times.

Iā€™m 2003 but I figured only 2000 members were considered OGs.

Yea, iā€™ve always wondered where he went. I loved how he used to leave witty comments every time he closed a thread.

Not an O.G. of this forum. Though Iā€™m glad I did join at the time when games werenā€™t called E sports and people in the community didnā€™t get too damn big headed and demanding of self importance because they did well at a majors or is involved or some shit. I look at some of these recently past streams and a lot of the times Iā€™m thinking ā€œThis guy is out of his fucking element.ā€

Iā€™m happy to fall into the 2nd gen of Havatchuā€™s post. 3rd Strike along with CvS2 got me back into fighting games even though now I donā€™t care about some Tekken cross shit or SFIV

Iā€™m glad to be late to the party as 3rd gen. :smiley:

I dabbled a little bit during the 2nd gen, but I never had anyone to play fightmans with back then so I just start from last year.

I was reading here way before I knew anything about fighting games. I just liked picking Spider-Man in MvC2.