Do most people hate facing Ryu?

Typical.

Your headband is obviously tied too tight.

I enjoy the Ryu mirror match its honest non gimmicky SF fun, probably say its my favourite matchup.

I also dont see that many good Ryus online anymore maybe they dropped him for easier characters.

coughCammycough ?

One(b)A(d)kuma reporting for duty, can’t resist that walk speed ^^’

right !!!

Ryu-Ryu
Ryu-Guile
Ryu-Sagat
Ryu-Chun Li

all clasic old school matchups … no gimicks and shitz

What about Ryu-Fei or Ryu-Ken? Ryu-Akuma also doesn’t seem too bad, though it obviously depends a lot on the Akuma player.

never came cross in my might there would be a ryu player whinning about seth player…
as for me seth a fun to fight against with…
it only took 2times of Njump+HP, D+Hp, Zonk Knuckle…and voila!! --> stun; easy victory.

i don’t know about ryu against seth…

Honestly facing freeyus match after match didnt bother me before (i used to main him so bad ryus are always free). but there are some days like today where no joke i ger 4 ryus in a row, then a fei, then 2 more ryus, then akuma, then a ryu, then adon. its the first time iv been happy to play vs adon rofl.

all in all its no biggie. i just wish i could get more ibuki practice so i dont die to the vortex vs playing ryu over and over :stuck_out_tongue:

ryu vs seth isnt bad at all ,a good solid ryu play can give seth troubles… watch naruo vs poongko ft10 you’ll see how is ryu suposed to play against seth
i just hate seths srk invincibility thats all

Yup…its the only moves belongs to seth that able to counter ibuki’s cross-up kunai.
If only i could upload one replay i came across showing how much crazy seth did obliterates ibuki 6feet under.
I just wondering…how do you guys counter ibuki’s cross kunai with Ryu??

and please link me to topic for dealing ibuki’s cross-up kunai.
coz’ everyone know this is 50/50 unblockable cross up projectile that exist~!!

I don’t know why so many people are bothered by what character a person uses. If you’re playing ranked it doesn’t even matter because it’s 1 and run. If anything it’s tough for the Ryu players because of the 40 or so match ups they have to know in and out. Chances are most people know the Ryu match because he is a popular character. I should know because I’m a shitty Ryu player that can only play a few match ups well.

I always smile when I fight Ryu, I love mirror matches.

I wonder how was my opponent felt whenever i leave him (after he pick ryu) during selection screen?
Nah…i feel great~~! I care no less…

in fact if force to face against ryu player especially hado spammer, this would might goes on:

1. Ryu (Hadouken) - Cody (Ex Ruffian Underneath fireball --> backdash—> taunt)
  2. Ryu (Hadouken) - THawk (jump in + EX 360 Grab --> backdash—> taunt)

Everyone deserve to get rid of boredom, and have rights to improve dealing other against characters as well…

Careful what you wish for you may face an endless sea of Blankas, Bisons & Elfs if there was no Ryu.

Give me a Ryu match any day!

really? at least I if see someone pick elf or bison during selection screen, well…its free eye candy!! Given a chance to spar those two character are like being given a bar of chocolate on valentine. But not for blanka, but hey…i dont qq against blanka.

as a ken player, i like the ryu match. it’s as good as even, and the match comes down to who is the better player. ryu is an honest character. he doesn’t have any crazy setups, bullshit unblockables or any of the other wakeup rape stuff that i hate about sf4. i wish more characters were like ryu. the characters i REALLY hate facing, are el fuerte, seth, viper and guile (mostly because it’s a boring matchup)

Ryu is kinda lame to fight just because alot of people are scrubs with him. I dont main ryu and I play 100 times better then the scrubs lol. What I really hate online is blanka’s or just any player that jumps in and does a jab and then jumps in then jumps again and again. Its hard to block that shit online but offline I have no problems with it.

No, from my experience the majority of ppl hate facing Blanka, Seth, El Fuerte and Deathstroke.
I for one enjoy playing vs Ryu players.

I think it’s really unfair to taunt “scrubby” Ryu players. I mean, Ryu is the quintessential beginner character. The reason why there are so many Ryu players is exactly the reason why there isn’t an overabundance of C. Viper players. People who are new to Street Fighter, and maybe even fighting games in general, want to learn how to play. Why not start with the character with the most relevant fundamentals? If you learn to play Ryu, you learn the fundamentals that can transfer from character to character and you learn the general mechanics of the game. Using Ryu just gives new players a better learning curve and that is ultimately a good thing.

Btw, I also really like Cody and my Cody is arguably better than my Ryu. I learned a good amount from using him as well, although I’d say any Cody can be just as brain dead as a scrubby Ryu, what with all his block stun and damage/stun output.

Well, I’m pretty new to the game, so I never felt any sort of intense disgust specifically based on the character my opponent chose to fight me with, Ryu included. I am particularly interested in gaining more match up experience against other characters, but I don’t personally/socially hold it against someone solely for fighting as Ryu…

He was using Akuma and he would stand exact spot where my cr.mk would hit but he could fadc through the fireball. This was during Vanilla I had just started playing online I was like wtf how is he doing this! Then years later I saw Infiltration doing that same shit to Daigo and was like damn that nigga knew the match up too good. I wish I could run into him again because like I said I’m way better know especially against Akumas.