DHC damage/hitstun reset

This trick works by using a cinematic hyper and then cancelling it with a DHC into a hyper that doesn’t hit or gives a character independent control. If done correctly, it is possible to follow up with another combo while the opponent spirals towards the ground. Damage and hitstun scaling is reset for this follow-up combo. (However, some scaling does seem to carry over if a TAC was used earlier in the combo.)

DHC from one of these:
Deadpool: Cuttin’ Time (:qcb::atk::atk:) (must be cancelled before the 5th hit)
Spencer: Bionic Maneuvers (:qcf::atk::atk:)
Storm: Elemental Rage (:dp::atk::atk:)
X-23: Weapon X Prime (:dp::atk::atk:)

DHC to one of these:
Amaterasu: Veil of Mist (:qcb::atk::atk:)
Arthur: Golden Armor (:qcb::atk::atk:)
Dante: Devil Trigger (:qcb::atk::atk:)
Hsien-Ko: Rimoukon (:dp::atk::atk:)
Morrigan: Astral Vision (:d::d::atk::atk:)
Phoenix: Healing Field (:qcb::atk::atk:)
Sentinel: Hyper Sentinel Force (:qcb::atk::atk:)
Taskmaster: Aegis Counter (:qcb::atk::atk:) (XFC)
Thor: Mighty Punish (:hcb::atk::atk:)
Trish: Round Harvest (:qcb::atk::atk:)
Wesker: Rhino Charge (:qcb::atk::atk:) (XFC)
Wolverine: Berserker Charge (:d::d::atk::atk:)
X-23: Silent Kill (:qcb::atk::atk:)
Zero: Sougenmu (:qcb::atk::atk:)

Follow-ups:
Dante
Devil Trigger, s.:h: xx :s: > super jump, j.:m:-:m: > double jump, j.:m:-:h: xx Killer Bee (:qcf::l:), s.:h: xx :s: > super jump, j.:h: xx Thunderbolt (:qcf::s:) x 3 - 520,400 damage

Devil Trigger, s.:h: xx Volcano (:dp::m:) > jump, j.:m:-:h: xx Killer Bee (:qcf::l:), s.:h: xx :s: > super jump, j.:m:-:m: > double jump, j.:m:-:h: xx Thunderbolt (:qcf::s:) x 3

Devil Trigger, s.:h: xx Volcano (:dp::m:) > jump, j.:m:-:h: xx Killer Bee (:qcf::l:), s.:h: xx :s: > super jump, j.:m:-:m:-:h: xx Vortex (:dp::s:), j.:s:, :df::h::h::h: > :f::h: xx Bold Move (:s::atk:) ~ Crystal (:qcf::m:) ~ Million Carats (:qcf::m:), :f::h: xx Bold Move ~ Volcano > Beehive (:dp::m:)

Phoenix
Healing Field, s.:h:-:f::h: xx :l: TK Trap (:qcb::l:), :f::h: xx :l: TK Trap, :f::h: xx :s: > super jump, j.:m:-:m:-:h:-:s:, jump, :m: Air TK Shot (:qcf::m:) xx Phoenix Rage (:qcf::atk::atk:) - 621,200 damage

If you can come up with any other combos, please share.

Going to hit the lab with this today, if the scaling seems to go that would be very good for X23

I actually doubt this is gonna get patched out - seems like run of the mill MvC3 mechanics to me.

The same concepts actually apply for other characters with similar hypers, and X-23 has her own “non-hitting hyper”: dirt nap. A basic combo I’ve been doing is Deadpool’s Cutting Time, DHC on the 4th hit to Dirt Nap, then hitting S. Haven’t tried doing a normal followup combo yet, but it might work.

Yeah, that causes the same thing to happen. Storm’s Elemental Rage does it too.

[media=youtube]wpsRIRK_XtQ[/media]

That’s pretty fucking awesome.

X-23 w/ Amaterasu 2nd (Cold Star Assist)

:l:, :m:, :h:, cr. :h:, :s:, air :m:, air :m:, air :h:, air :d: :h: xx air :qcf: :l: Talon Dive, land, :a1:, :qcf: :m: Ankle Slicer (Full Charge), :qcf: :l: Neck Slicer (Full Charge), :dp: :atk::atk:, (Wait till the end of the super) DHC :qcb: :atk::atk:, (Wait for the opponent to fall into range) :m:, :h:, :s:, air :m:, air :m:, air :h:, air :h:, air :h: xx air :qcf: :h: Head Charge, Land, :qcf: :atk::atk: or :dp: :atk::atk:

This is just an example of how this can be used, this is nowhere near the full combo potential.

EDIT: It’s 1 Million damage I believe and it’s 1.2 if you use the Level 3 with Ammy. I’ll try to make a vid but I don’t have the equipment at the moment.

Well, these aren’t combos, per se, but I was looking for a place to compile all of the supers that you can DHC into that will give you the bug/glitch thing.

Zero: Sougenmu
Dante: Devil Trigger
Arthur: Armor
Phoenix: Healing
Hsien-ko: Armor
Wesker: Rhino Charge (XFC)
Taskmaster: Counter (XFC)
Sentinel: Hyper Sentinel Force
X-23: lvl 3 (DHC from Storm’s super)
Amaterasu: Slow
Wolverine: Fast
Trish: Sword Throw

That’s all I know of. If there’s a list somewhere else I’d like to know where. I thought Dormammu’s ball super would work, but I couldn’t get it to. Morrigan’s twin mode should work, but I haven’t tried it. I think somebody said any whiffed throw super will work.

Hmmm I tried this earlier but I can’t seem to get Ammy’s cold star assist to hit after the talon drive. Maybe I’m just having a hard time calling my assist, do you call Ammy while your charging ankle slicer or once you land?

you call Ammy just before you charge the ankle slicer, so that you OTG into the assist. You want to hit the ankle slicer soon enough that you can then combo out of Ammy assist with a fully charged neck slicer, which has enough hitstun on it to let Weapon X land. The hardest part about Weapon X Prime combos is just finding a way to combo into it in the first place. On Sentinel, it is easy because it connects off a ankle slicer OTG. vs other characters you need to be a little more creative.

It works with Trish, too? I have to try that out. I tried Thor’s command grab hyper yesterday, but his combo got scaled for some reason.

Exactly as Sakeido said, you need to call Ammy’s assist right before you charge the Ankle Slicer. You can’t call assists during special moves (startup, or recovery). Their is also a slight delay between when you land from the Talon Dive, and when you call the assist. Keep practicing with the timing and it will become easy as pie.

I was looking for a better way to finish the combo with Ammy and I found a few variations. My favorite being after you land from the air :H: Head Charge, Stance change to Devout Beads, and hit them with all 8 hits of the :m: Cold Star, xx :qcf: :atk::atk:. I think this ends up being 1.1 Million damage but it’s at the expense of 3 Hyper bars (You do build a lot of meter doing this combo so It’s somewhat justified), however if you drop the super from the end of it, it still ends up being close to a million damage so it’s going to hurt either way.

Morrigan’s twin mode does work. Don’t know the name of the super though.

Also, the combo I use with ammy is:

After the DHC, change to glaive, C, QCF+A, QCF+A, QCF+A (can link together more depending on size of character…you can usually link more with bigger characters which also helps to larger health pools), launch, j.B, j.B, j.QCF+C, charged j.C, rejump charged C, j.QCF+S into super or a grab. With super it does over one million I think if coming from X-23, and you don’t need to have done a full loop with her. A magic series into WXP is usually enough to get enough damage for a touch of death.

I’ve found glaive combos work the best so far in terms of damage payoff especially during the slow super.

Morrigan with Astral Vision (after Weapon X Prime):

DHC :d::d::atk::atk: Astral Vision, :f::h:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, :dp::m: Shadow Blade, :qcb::s: fly-cancel, :dp::h: Shadow Blade

There’s probably more optimal combos for her, but this one can do over 1.1 mil damage with no x-factor and just 2 bars (as long as you have an assist that allows X-23 to combo into weapon x prime). It’s well over 1.3 mil if you use her level 3 at the end instead.

Taskmaster/X-23/Morrigan 1.3 million combo (3 meters):

cr.L, cr.M, cr.H, f.H, j.M, j.M, f.H, j.M, j.M, j.S, b+H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, f.H, j.M, j.M, j.S, X-23 B assist, b+H, qcf+L (3 arrows), qcf+LM, dp+2A (X-23 X-Weapon hyper), A (Morrigan Astral Vision), st.M, S, j.M, j.H, dp+M, qcb+S, j.M, j.H, dp+M

*Used Taskmaster old Bnb beucase I didn’t train the new ones yet
*After the X-Weapon hyper, wait the opponent fall a little.
*if you fall a little far from the coner after the j.S, sometimes jump, qcf+LH, X-Weapon works.
*without Morrigan?s Astral Vision, it does ~900k damage
*You can use any character that has a hyper that doesn’t hit (like Ammy slow, Dante Devil Trigger, Phoenix Healing Field, etc) instead of Morrigan, but I don’t know if the damage will be the same or similar. Even counter hypers works if KFC’ed (Taskmaster Aegis Counter for example)

X-23/Taskmaster 1.4 million combo (2 meter, X-factor lv.1)

dp+2A (X-Weapon hyper), qcb+2A (Aegis Counter), KFC, f.H, j.M, j.M, f.H, j.M, j.M, j.S, b+H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, f.H, j.M, j.M, j.S, X-23 B assist, b+H. qcf+L (3 arrows)

*Like the first combo, wait the opponent fall a little after X-Weapon. If you do f.H too soon, use f.H, j.M, f.H instead of using two j.M.
*X-Weapon’s run has full invincibility, it means it will pass through any projectile special or hyper and punish it. This is pretty useful against Sentinel if he tries beam spam or full screan hyper for chip and then you can DHC X-Weapon into Aegis Counter KFC will kill him.
*If you have an assist that can make X-23 links X-Weapon after her Neck Slicer, you can also use this setup. However, you don’t need a assist against Sentinel to combo Neck Slicer into X-Weapon.

Bonus:
If you do the second setup together with the first and finishing with Morrigan missile hyper…you get a combo of 2.441.100 damage using 5 meter and X-factor lv.1 LOL

Funny, I was just trying out this myself with the same team. o.O
But yeah, that’s pretty awesome. Morrigan has the added bonus of being able to get some extra damage with Astral Vision than say using Phoenix’s Healing Field.

Works with Trish, but kind of sucks a big one because the sword just combos them way up into the air and you can’t really do anything (that I know of, though I haven’t tried too hard yet). Not really worth putting Trish on the team just to take advantage of the glitch. If she’s on there anyway, still worth doing the glitch as it’s pretty much the best you can do off of a DHC between the two characters, but there are certainly better choices than Trish if you want to take full advantage.

I’m really thinking if this is a full damage scaling/hitstun decay reset, you should be able to kill the average cast member with it, since a standard combo into hyper with one character should net you around 500k or 600k. Just double it and you have over a million. The only thing is if you don’t have enough bar to end your second character’s combo in hyper, then you might not quite get there.

Also add this here: We know that Storm’s freeze super can give you the same effect as X-23’s, but it seems like Spencer’s qcf hyper and Deadpool’s sword hyper can do it too. I think somebody said that Thor’s mighty tornado does this too if you cancel it early, but I’ve not confirmed this.

I’m kinda upset spiderman maximum spider doesn’t fall into that category. =/

Maybe it does, but I haven’t tried it yet.

teleporters can take advantage of it.

Thor’s definitely doesn’t scale if you glitch properly, but the glitch isn’t always reliable without the OTG ( which you don’t mention in your OP ).