Dhalsim Combo / Tech Thread

Okay, so what’s the input for an EX gale after an IAT?

It’s a height restriction in the sense that you have to be a certain height off the ground on the way up. You can’t ex gale the same you can IA gale – for the ex gale you have to do something like 963214.

There are plenty of situations to tele out of vskill. Gotta always be mixing it up to keep people guessing

not sure. haven’t tested that. I’m guessing you can do QCB+PP right after the teleport though.

Ok yeah in that sense you’re right. the height restriction seems different. Also the height restriction for gale after IAT is much lower than IAGale.

What’s the deal with juggles after CA. I’m not too familiar on what’s going on. I can do cr.hp, b.mk, YFR xx CA and then juggle with MP YF. I can’t get the MP YF juggle if I do cr.hp, b.mk, MP YF xx CA. Not sure if its distance or something else. I haven’t tested much I was just wondering what type of juggles do we have after CA.

My bad, it’s TK EX Gale. And it’s corner-only.

I’m still having trouble doing it consistently, though. For whatever reason, I just get regular Gale most of the time, even though my input reader clearly shows that I’m pressing two buttons. Anyone have any tips?

You have to dial the inputs very slowly. Try waiting until the very last ending frames of cr.HP to do b.MK. It’s so slow that almost doesn’t even look like it should combo, but it does.

From FChamp:

Forward throw into corner -> Cr.MK ->b+MK -> MP Flame

The Cr.MK hits meaty to quickrising opponents. I haven’t had time to take this to the lab, so I don’t know if this works in any other situations.

From Arturo:

IAT -> Air HP -> Cr. HP -> MP Flame -> F+V Skill -> D+LK

This hits opponents as soon as they get up, but it doesn’t look meaty and I haven’t seen Sanchez use it in a match yet.

Oops! In that Arturo tech, it’s supposed to be an EX flame.

is it possible to combo from a c.MK from say max range or something?

At max range cr mk does combo on hit into b mk (not sure about anything else, but I think you’re out of range for anything else that combos into fire).

It’s a tight link though and you have to hit on the very last frames. Not sure how many but it’s pretty tough to pull off

You cant TK EX gale. You have to just UF then HCB. It has a height limit.

meanwhile arturo makes it look super free. i have a lot of trouble getting the spacing right.

It’s definitely a distance issue. max distance is less likely to combo to CA.

Have a crazy set-up to share? A new mix-up that you want others to test out? Share all your best tech as well!

As we all know, throwing out fireballs randomly is very risky, but I found a pretty cool setup that seems to catch many people off guard. If you anti-air with cr.MP and link to LP fireball that sets up for a nice slide combo opportunity. It is unsafe to most characters if you get a deep hit though, you need to hit right at the tip after expecting a jump in (tested against Vega’s slide for example, and its 100% safe if you hit at the tip and will lead to full combo if he tries to slide). The thing about this is that it feels like a good moment for the opponent to hit a button, and sliding at the earliest moment possible will catch alot of people off guard. It creates alot of hesitation, and even decent players have fallen for this setup many times. Even if they block, the slide is safe because of the fireball and if they are on to you you can go for other setups involving IAT etc. Personally I think the fireball is an extremely good tool for dhalsim, as it makes everything he does fairly safe (slide, IAT - at worst you trade if they hit you out of the air, drill etc), so I wanna find more setups like this :slight_smile: Try it out and lemme know what you think

Meaty setup I came up with off MP Flame, loses to back recovery
https://youtu.be/-He8--MNprk

Meaty off V reversal
https://youtu.be/TG-KCvNJFKY

Where did the combos go from 1st post?
@ShawnMcCool

Dragon Punch Punishes

https://youtu.be/0EAk5qtweWY[/video]

https://youtu.be/p98j7zW8Szw[/video]

I’m not a Sim main and I don’t know if this has been posted, but I found a setup for meaty MK slide. After jab jab EX flame or j.HP jab EX flame, I do LK slide, whiff st.LK, MK slide. It hits similar to the f.throw > whiff jab > MK slide spacing. the timing isn’t frame perfect, if you do it as fast as possible it might actually whiff so I take my time, it catches people who quick rise.