Dhalsim Combo / Tech Thread

almost everything links after CC stand RH. i usually just do stand fierce because it works from pretty much every range and does the most damage

Fchamp was showing some cool stuff. In the corner he used B FP xx FP yoga flame, d FP. FP yoga flame causes a juggle state.

Yeah midscreen you can link a stand RH off of bFierce xx fierce flame

no use ever doing that though. He has stronger meterless punishes that create the same distance and/or allow him to set up safe drills.

bFierce should only ever be used in the corner off of stun or as an AA

Midscreen? What are the best punishes?

midscreen dizzy combo is vskill forward get above them, fall with Roundhouse, cr.Fierce, b.short, yoga flame.

anybody have decent combos into v trigger? Say to punish whiffs?

These are currently my go-to combos to combo into V-trigger

d.LK xx V-trigger (100 dmg, 190 stun)
d.MK xx V-trigger (130 dmg, 220 stun)
d.HP, d.MK xx V-trigger (205 dmg, 345 stun)
CH d.HP, d.HP, d.MK xx V-trigger (289 dmg, 485 stun)
IAT j.HP, d.HP, d.MK xx V-trigger (271 dmg, 455 stun)

(edit: added d.LK combo, fixed damage / stun values)

cr.hp, b.mk xx EX yoga flame, d.mk xx V-trigger
Works at certain ranges on a cornered opponent but It’s kinda inconsistent. I need to go to the lab and find a distance setup for it to work 100%

Lp lk exflame is a bit more damage than the two lps, though the timing is maybe a tiny bit different and I feel like the lk is stubbier, but I might be wrong

D.lk only combos into VT on CH.

You can get it without counter if you’re closer to max distance

Were you able to perform this outside the corner?

Don’t you have it linking to b.MK in that first combo you’ve posted? Cr.HP also links to either standing LP or LK, but of course if you do that your only real follow up becomes EX Flame. Also keep in mind that after EX Flame in the corner you can jump and do a quick EX Gale, maybe instant regular Gale as well, but I know for sure EX Gale will work.

I think so far ~365 is the max damage in the corner without using CA, counter hit, or crush counter, and there are actually two ways of getting that number.

b.HP xx HP Flame, EX Flame, EX Gale

j.HP, cr.HP xx EX Flame, EX Gale 

I really wish Dhalsim could link something juicy like b.MK after EX Yoga Fire in the corner, but all he can get is a light. So you can get something like this:

cr.HP xx EX Fire, LP xx EX Flame, EX Gale

Which is silly because you just used all your meter.

For the life of me I couldn’t get cr.HP to link into a standing MP or b.MK. Am I reading the notation properly? I’m used to MKX and trying something like dHP, bMK and they’re not linking.

It’s not terribly difficult. Just keep trying. The only prerequisite is that you’re fairly close to the opponent, so it can’t be done after a j.HP into cr.HP because of the pushback.

Not so much tech in terms of setups, but I came across some strange input leniency and overlap today while practicing IAT, since I wasn’t a Dhalsim main or user in SF4.

https://youtu.be/ZhmnQGNJLh8

Basically, as I say in the video description, You can’t do instant EX gale doing QCB to UF + PP. You’ll get regular gale every time. If you do that input with all punches, you’ll get teleport. Furthermore, if you want to do EX gale, you have to do UF to QCB + PP.

And though I didn’t demonstrate in the video, because plinking technically still exists, if you try to do teleport out of V Skill without using the 3P/3K macro, you’ll only get a punch or kick unless you’re super precise with your input.

It’s all in the timing. In MKX you chain combos together as fast as you can, but in SF you have to wait a little before you can link cr.HP into b.MK. Experiment with different timings to find the sweet spot. It truly isn’t very difficult to do.

Yeah there’s like a height restriction on ex gale. Still possible to do it low enough to hit standing, but I don’t think it’ll hit crouchers.

I also felt like teleporting from v skill was tougher. I’m still not sure, abd chalking it up to maybe how I ramp up my motions leading into IAT. But, you may be right. I seem to get HK or HP more frequently in v skill.

No it’s not a height restriction. you actually have to do EX gale’s input differently. And I totally recommend using 3P/3K buttons for teleports solely because of how infrequent you might get it out of V Skill. Not that you really need to do it out of V Skill, but there might be a time or two.