Demul with netplay released (CVS2, GGXX, MVC2 etc.)

Demul v0.5.6 has netplay now. this means Naomi/Naomi2/Atomiswave games like CVS2/MVC2/GG/Hokuto No Ken should be playable online, haven’t tested myself yet (hence this thread to raise awarness).

1. extract emulator and put roms + naomi bios in /Demul/roms
  2. extract netplay plugin into** /Demul/plugins**
  3. copy** kailleraclient.dll** into /Demul
  4. select Config - Netplay, tick the Enable netplay checkbox, OK
  5. load a game and host/connect to another player

don’t forget to set controls from Config - Gamepad (Jamma1/2/3/4 are for Naomi)
you might want to change the window resolution as well from Config - Video

the netplay is based on 0746’s kaillera p2p (which is quite popular… it is used in Dolphin as well :D).

someone let me know how the connection is

2DF/Supercade like i presume

Interesting. I hope guru dumps the KOFXI and NGBC roms soon.

nevermind

Maybe I’m dumb, but step n° 5 is obscure to me : how do I connect/host to another player ? Is there a specific key to hit or something during game ?

if you ticked Enable netplay in Config - Netplay, when you load a game… before it starts it shows you a connection setup dialogue: http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4716/dsadasdasdsa.png

Ah ok thanx.

Anyway, I think this connection setup doesn’t show.

Will try again.

it doesn’t show if you don’t have kailleraclient.dll in Demul dir

Can anyone make a youtube vid showing off netplay with HNK?

Dear God in Heaven please let this work so I can finally have GGAC online with good netcode.

wtf how do i run the file does it have to be a iso or what format does it read

How would one go about LEGALLY OBTAINING NAOMI ROMS IN A TOTALLY NON-PIRACY WAY CAUSE I TOTALLY WOULD NOT WANT TO DO THAT.

Does anyone know if you can get 4P working on netplay?
Trying to get at that Power Stone 2

I cant get shit to run

Neither can I, says I’m missing the epr-21576d.bin file when I do have it & have the program going to the right folder for roms.

i keep getting the error ‘create buffer failed’. does anyone else have this issue (and know how to get around it)

k, i got it to work. I’m assuming that using the DC option wouldn’t be too good since it might desynch if your startup options aren’t the same. I tested it on a kaillera server and the game started up so i’m assuming with another person it’d work, if anyone got the naomi portion to work, let me know so that we can test it.

more info:

When you set your buttons for the naomi games:

Marvel TE stick:

push 3 = mp
push 4 = fierce
push 5 = mk
push 6 = hk
push 7 =lp
push 8 = lk

aim me feilong9842

same.
Can someone just please upload an already configured / working demul in a zip so i dont have to dl this, this, and that from there, there, and there?