Deejays BnB

c.lp c.lp c.mp mgu or lk sobat
c.lp c.lp c.mp ex mgu ultra
c.lp c.lp c.lp c.mk
s.mk c.lp c.mk
s.mk c.lp c.lk lp max out

those are the main ones i use

Just out of curiosity, although s.mk is easier to link after c.lp than c.mp, do people still plink the s.mk? I know it’s very easy to link but wouldn’t it add that extra bit of security?

@ Garak: I’m a pad player, and I don’t plink, but I’ve still managed to get the cr. lp, cr. lp, cr. mp links down to about 80-90% during matches, which is perfectly serviceable, and likely to improve. It’s a pretty essential string for DJ players, as it’s one of the best ways to hit confirm into specials. I usually end with HK sobat, unless I’ve been dropping links or it’s laggy, in which case I’ll go for LK sobat, because it’s safer on block.

Other BnBs I regularly use: on jump-ins, I’m trying to nail j. hk, cl. mk, cr. lp, cr. mp xx sobat. This deals up to 344 damage, which is great, but the links are tough and I feel like it’s character specific. More reliable and easier is j. hk, cl. mk, far mk xx sobat. This deals up to 322 damage, but you’re more likely to get it off.

The easiest BnB combo to do is cr. lp, cr. lp, cr. lk xx LK sobat. This doesn’t do a whole lot of damage but is pretty safe on block, gets you a knockdown, does good chip, and is incredibly easy. I’m currently using it as my standard cross-up combo, along with a simple cr. mp xx MGU.

My standard corner combo usually ends in cr. mp xx EX MGU, then juggle with two mk upkicks. This does the most damage and builds the most meter. If you have ultra, you can also use U2 in the corner and it’s piss easy.

At certain footsie ranges, I quite like using cr. lk xx LK sobat. I use this in many of the same situations Ryu uses cr. mk xx fireball. The range isn’t as great, obviously, but it does the job a lot of the time.

In my opinion, DJ’s meter is best spent on EX sobats and to threaten big corner combos, rather than with fancy FADC shenanigans. The flashiest combo I can regularly pull off is simply j. hk, cl. mk, st. mk xx HK sobat FADC cl.mk, st.mk xx sobat. At most you’re eking out a hundred or so more damage, though, so I wouldn’t usually bother with it.

PEOPLE DEEJAY IS NOT ABOUT FANCY FADC COMBOS EVEN THOGU ITS NICE FOR STYLE POINTS, id rahter save metter for up kicks and ex sobat to punish and get a knock back/down. and rezone and play footsies andzZONE/LAME THEN out…

I dont know…I had that same beleif untill I started watchn alot of Hatrify’s stuff…Hell, you get extra damage and you could get an untechable knockdown if you so choose…really lets you turn on the pressure in corners. I havent been using it as well as he has been, but I’m tryn.

No character is better at obtaining untechable knockdowns than DJ. All his combos can easily end in cr. mk, so I’m not sure FADCing really adds to his knockdown game a whole bunch.

That said, if you are using FADCs as a pressure tool to put on a rushdown, then that’s great. I don’t play DJ as a particularly rushdown character, but a lot of people do, and I’ve seen it work well. I’m just saying that in terms of damage, positioning and value for meter, it’s often not worth it.

I guess it’s a player’s style thing. DJ feels pretty free form…Heck just look at his links/combos. He can rush or zone…This character’s pretty F’n sweet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep. Best way to play him seems to be a mix of the two.