Dee Jay's midscreen EX MGU Dash Ultra 2!

I have trouble going from downback to dash. Can I cheat and go from downback to back then do the dash or will that lose the charge?

My main problem now is that after the EX MGU I input the dash then ultra and for some reason the dash doesn’t come out and it goes straight to ultra. It shows I’m inputting the :r::r: and even when I wait a little after the EX MGU this still happens. The dash does come out when I don’t go for the ultra though, not sure what I’m doing wrong… am I doing the ultra too fast?

I find by far the easiest motion to do for dash U2 on a square gate stick is charge :db: then :r::r::db::l::ub::p::p::p:

Make sure you’re letting the stick go to neutral for a split second before dashing. Will make a huge difference.

Will letting the stick go to neutral kill the down back charge?

nope

it seems like sometimes ill get it multiple times in a row, then just stop being able to do it, then go back to almost everytime. its weird

i cant do this at all. I can do the walk one though. Lame

I’m the same as eltwopee. I can’t get a dash -> U2 at all, let alone one after an EX MGU. I’ve even put on turbo and I still can’t get the input right.

When I do it with Guile + turbo, it comes out perfect every time, so there must be something about Dee Jay that’s messing me up big time. If someone could answer these questions, it might help me out:

1. Why doesn’t EX MGU with extra hits work?

2. Why does the input end in :ub: rather than :uf:? Ending in :uf: makes my dash -> U1 more consistent with Guile, but I can’t get either motion to work with Dee Jay. Is how you end it irrelevant as long as you end :u: in some way?

3. It’s mentioned in the OP that the Ultra needs to be “inputted” a little after Dee Jay’s dash rather than immediately following his hop. Does this “input” refer to the entire :df::d::db::l::ub::3p: motion (after the :r::r: of course) or just the :3p:? Since I’m using turbo, I would have assumed that one of the :3p: being inputted by my stick would have triggered the Ultra if the latter was the case. Still, it doesn’t make sense to me that the entire :df::d::db::l::ub: motion would need to be inputted after Dee Jay’s dash was completed. In other words, help?

4. Is it possible that I’m not inputting the dash fast enough? Is the timing on getting the dash out very strict in order to not lose Dee Jay’s charge?

1. It very well might work after a mashed EX MGU, but it doesn’t seem to make things any easier regarding the dash to Ultra, and mashing the EX MGU counts as another move in the combo chain with regards to damage scaling, which is why it’s not advised to mash it.

2. it ends in up-back because that way allows you to basically do a half-circle motion after the dash. As far as I know, you can end on any up for any triangle charge ultra and it will work.

3. You should reach the end of the motion, the up-back + PPP part, just a little after DeeJay lands from his dash. You should be doing most of the motion during the dash, though.

4. The dash has to be precise but not necessarily fast. I find that, when I try to rush the dash input, I either don’t get a dash at all or it takes me three or four presses of forward and messes up the rest of the motion.

Thanks for the help. I’ll be sure to try it again later today… hopefully I can get at least one dash U2 out lol.

This. Once I stopped trying so hard to instantly dash I manage to get the ultra to come out, but I whiff. I’ll get this down sooner or later…

This. Once I stopped trying so hard to instantly dash I manage to get the ultra to come out, but I whiff. I’ll get this down sooner or later…

Haven’t got a chance to try this out yet, but what’s the difference between mashing our more hits for the MGU and no mashing out more hits? wouldnt mashing out more hits give you moer charge time?

You have less time to dash as they fall, making it impossible, but yes you do get more charge time.

As many have said, you gotta wait a bit till they start falling to input the dash. make sure the stick hits neutral first as well. I’ve gotten it much more consistent now and I actually pulled it off once in a match today but only from the 1P side because I can’t do it on 2p side lol its just so awkward for my hand at the moment as a motion.

keep trying guys, its definitely doable you just need to to make sure you follow those rules and practice it for like 10 minutes every time you boot up.

10 minutes? i practiced solely that for 7 hours today and i was getting it on and off all day. sometimes id get it 5 times in a row. sometimes i couldnt get it at all. very awkward but im going to keep working at it. tournament on saturday i want to have it mastered for

As a DeeJay player I have to learn this. Thanks everyone for all the tips I am going to to practice the hell out of this setup. I was reading and seen some people talk about a walk in ultra? Can someone fill me in on this ?

holding :db: (EX MGU finishes) :r::df::d::db::l::ub: + :lp::mp::hp:
same thing, just don’t have to input dash

i personally find this easier, but i’m still @ a 2% execution rate LOL :wasted:

walk ultra 2 isn’t nearly as viable. You have to hit a point blank EX MGU, its not worth it wasting an ultra bar or getting punished for fucking up

Okay sounds like the dash one is my best bet.