Decapre's Cannon Strike & Spiral Arrow - Hit & block advantage charts

Here are some charts I made up showing the advantage on hit/block on Decapre’s Cannon Strike and Spiral Arrow - hopefully you guys will find it useful.

Cannon Strike on Hit/Block

(Small version)

Decapre’s divekick has different advantage depending on whether it is used from MK, HK, EX MK, or EX HK Scrambles, so there was a lot of info to get down. There are two rows for each picture, one for MK Scramble CS and one for HK Scramble CS. The first two numbers are advantage on hit/block, followed by one number for the EX version of CS from the EX Scramble that matches the same angle. The EX Cannon Strike has the same advantage on hit as it does on block, so that’s why there’s only one number beside the EX section. X’s on the chart mean that this strike is not possible at this height, on a Ken-sized enemy.

Air Spiral Arrow on Block

(Small version)

This move is a little interesting. It’s pretty unsafe if spaced poorly as you can see above, but the EX version is basically almost always + on block. In the chart above, I only included numbers on block for regular/EX arrow, since all versions knock down on hit.

Now… you might be thinking that instant air EX arrow is an easy way to keep up the pressure in close, but this isn’t always the case. All version of Decapre’s Spiral Arrow must go through 12 active frames in the air before she can land (15 for the LK arrow), where she has a huge 18 frames of recovery. So if you try to use the lowest possible instant EX Spiral Arrow like you would Cammy’s EXCS up close, Decapre will still be spinning around in the air as if you did it much higher up, which can lead to her being negative on block, even with the EX version.

[Boring frame data stuff below]

Cannon Strike Data

MK Scramble -> LK/MK/HK Cannon strike: 12F startup, 11F active, 19F hitstun, 9F blockstun, 5F landing recovery. Fastest possible strike has a startup of 18+12F (30F total), has 8F airborne + 5F landing recovery, and is +6 on hit / -4 on block. Highest possible strike on Ken is 0 on hit / -10 on block. Lowest possible strike on Ken is +14 on hit / +4 on block.

HK Scramble -> LK/MK/HK Cannon strike: 12F startup, 11F active, 22F hitstun, 12F blockstun, 5F landing recovery. Fastest possible strike has a startup of 18+12F (30F total), has 11F airborne + 5F landing recovery, and is +6 on hit / -4 on block. Highest possible strike on Ken is +2 on hit / -8 on block. Lowest strike possible on Ken is +16/+6, can’t get a +17 strike as the strike runs out of active frames 1F before landing.

MK+HK (low) Scramble EX Cannon strike: 12F startup, 11F active, 19F hitstun, 19F blockstun, 4F landing recovery. Fastest possible strike has a startup of 18+12F (30F total), has 8F airborne + 4F landing recovery, and is +7 on hit / +7 on block.

LK+HK (high) Scramble EX Cannon strike: 12F startup, 11F active, 22F hitstun, 22F blockstun, 4F landing recovery. Fastest possible strike has a startup of 18+12F (30F total), has 11F airborne + 4F landing recovery, and is +7 on hit / +7 on block.

EX Cannon Strike seems to have a different hitbox than regular Cannon Strike, since it drops lower before connecting as compared to a regular strike. This can be seen in how EXCS won’t connect at the height of the two highest HK Scramble strikes, it has to drop lower before it will hit.

Spiral Arrow Data

LK/MK/HK Spiral Arrow: 8F startup, 20F blockstun, 19F active (till landing), 18F landing recovery. -7 at worst, +2 at best. Move has to go through a minimum of 12F active frames (15F for LK version) before it can land and recover on the ground.

Fastest possible LK Spiral Arrow has a startup of 4 prejump + 5 jump + 8 startup (17F total), has 14F airborne + 18F landing recovery, and is -12 on block.

Fastest possible MK Spiral Arrow has a startup of 4 prejump + 5 jump + 8 startup (17F total), has 11F airborne + 18F landing recovery, and is -9 on block.

Fastest possible HK Spiral Arrow has a startup of 4 prejump + 5 jump + 8 startup (17F total), has 11F airborne + 18F landing recovery, and is -9 on block.

EX Spiral Arrow: 27F blockstun, 18F landing recovery, 0 at worst, +9 at best. Fastest possible EX SA has a startup of 4 prejump + 1 jump + 8 startup (13F total), has 11F airborne + 18F landing recovery, and is -2 on block.

Side note: Decapre’s jump has 4F startup, although it visually looks like 5F startup she is actually considered airborne even though her feet are still planted on the ground. Lots of discussion below.

Beautiful, greatly appreciate your effort!! Will definitely put this data to good use.

I love you

No homo

How did the testing? 60fps footage and stuff?

This is great! Thank you so much for the time invested on this =)

Thanks a lot for the info! Spiral arrow doesn’t seem that good now :frowning:

Because you can’t just throw it out randomly? As long as you’re patient it can still be safe, ESPECIALLY if you have the meter (even the instant EX can’t be punished).

As someone who mains with Vega… It’s amazing to see that two SPECIAL (carefully spaced, albeit) moves can be both safe on block AND(or) used to start a combo on hit. Don’t complain be grateful!

I haven’t found good ways to space out normal air drill to make it even or + on block yet, finding it really hard to get it to hit them that low when I do use it.
HK scramble drive is really good!

Yep, I use one of these things to capture at 720p/60 fps and then just frame step in QuickTime Player… nothing too fancy. Anyone with a capture card made in the last five years should be able to put something like this together for other characters too. :slight_smile:

Nice!!! Thanks!

Wooooow did not know hk scramble arrow had more hit/block stun. Man, but that eliminates any kind of mixup, just kind of gives you a meaty against their knock down. Fug I have to get good to win :frowning:

This thread should be sticked BTW!

If decapre has a 5frame prejump, shouldn’t it be visible if you get a cammy and a decapre jumping next to each other over and over? They look exactly the same.

I asked eternal and he said the game data said they were the same. so yeah idk

OMG thank you so much for this!

Good job guy!

so it’s actually more adventageous to not do ia/f.jump ex drill? that’s interesting. so, you should actually try to space it in a way that it travels far, as to hit on a later active frame, but also hits low so the drop to the ground is shorter and recovery frames can begin faster. it’s usally one or the other for these kinds of moves

Thank you a LOT! This is just fantastic. I would pay for that, lol.

Just checked the prejump time (again) and it is definitely 5 frames. Total jump time is 5+35 (Cammy’s is 4+36).

Yes it is visible, Cammy takes off a bit earlier and her jump is slightly floatier.

Did Eternal do any testing? It’s pretty clear from frame stepping that Decapre is slower to get off the ground, you can see it with a good eye.

they might have done it in some weird ass way. He was just checking files. Ultra coding is a fucking mess

Floatier? are you saying cammy and decapre jumps are not the same frames/arc? And if every jump decapre does takes one extra frame, they should jump uneven after a while.

I did a test with hakan. His prejump frames when jumping back and up is 5frames. Forward its 4.

Did a point blank lp hayate, then st.lk. If hakan jumps forward he gets air reset, because he is airborn when st.lk becomes active. If he tries to jump back and up he gets tagged in the prejump frames and stays grounded.

Did the same test on cammy and decapre, they both get air reset every time. Pretty sure both have 4 prejump frames.