De4dEyE's Magneto Q&A thread

I might have misread what you did, but you’re supposed to airdash down-foward then lightkick. If you did, and he blocked it, he probably just guessed right. Resets like that rely on suprise, since the ad.df is kinda obvious to an alert player. And as for continuing the reset combo if they block it, I’d advise not to. Just keep pressure on them - try something else.

Ah… MSP vs Scrub. Sorry to say, you’ve got a pretty tough fight ahead of you. Not to say that it’s impossible, but it isn’t easy. Try not to call psy a lot when Sent is on the ground. 2 supers + some timing and she dies, fast. It’s hard to cross sent up with lks, since his super armor prevents him from getting nailed with enough hitstun. I say throw a lot. Free damage if he doesn’t tech. If he rolls keep on him, but be careful. Usually at that point Sent is spamming on the assist button.

If you time a storm assist right, you can stuff capcom before he’s able to do his corridor. Also, watch out for Cable’s assist. Not only is it hella annoying, it gives sent more time to get position while you’re falling back down.

If sent misses a HSF on you, ad.f and land on him with fp -> fk. If you try to come in with fk, more times than not you’ll catch part of the super with your foot, and that’s not good. Anyway, fp -> fk then standing/crouching lk +psy, lk, and snapout.

Pretty much what you really want to do is snap in capcom. If you get Sent in a combo, go for a snap. If you do snap him in, guardbreak and unmashable tempest him. You want to do as much damage as you can on Capcom before he gets a chance to switch out. Since he has cable right after him, he really has no way to safe switch. Only things he can do is counter sent or cable in, which wastes one or two meters, or a random tag in. Case in point - kill capcom, and the fight is easier.

Yeah I noticed psylocke can die pretty fast if I abuse her assist when sent is on the ground. I’ll keep your advice in mind. Thanks De4dEye.

how come when i’m doing the tri jump infinite its easier to go airdash down lk mk rather than airdash down lk hk?

Does anyone ever use:

launch, sj.fp, ad/df, ad.fp, ad.fk, c.fk (OTG)?

If so what can you do after that. I think I saw someone do something pretty cool after that, but the opponent was in the corner.

The only thing I know you can do after that involves storms assist and is as follows:

(c.fp + storm’s projectile), sj.fp, ad/df, ad.fp, ad.fk (storm’s assist hits), c.fk, sj. ==> inf. etc.

you cant otg after that combo.

Reset: It’s different for each player. Lk lk is easy cuz you don’t have to move your fingers as much. But lk fk might be easy for another player: Again, it all depends on the preferences of the player.

Syntaxsk8ter: You can’t do anything else after the first combo. I’m guessing the combo you saw in the corner was launch, fk, fp, fk, cr. lp jumping lk, lk, fp, fk.

The reason you can OTG after the 2nd combo is because when you call an assist, flying screen is nullified. Meaning, once the first combo you listed is finished, that’s it - it’s done. The 2nd one, however, has an assist, meaning flying screen won’t come in and hence you can continue the combo after that.

Yes you can it just becomes null.

sorry i mean you cant follow up after the first combo. but anyways a cool reset is cr.lk cr.hp (launch) sj. hk airdash downforward sj.lk,sj.mp,sj.mk dash to other side cr.hk+sent-A, cr.hk into whatever.

:o UMM i personally think you tried to reset the combo too early (although if u dont know how to infinte i understand) but unless you use this reset all the time it is totally unexpected. but usually after i sj.lk ad/df-delay crossup.lk (jose garcia reset) i INFINITE again or i land or dash under d.hk…and u know whats next

or u can just be random as hell (ie. s.hk xx SHOCKWAVE or HYPERGRAV XX TEMPESTS) shit w0rkz f00!

im guessing you are talking about the one when they are on the ground … if so i dont know … but i have seen like 4 diffrent ways of doing this infinit … trijump , lk , hk , trijump / trijump , lk , lk , trijump / trijump , lk , hp , trijump / trijump , hk , hp , trijump / trijump , lk , lk , hk , trijump… i can hardly get any of these , mainly because my timing sucks

You still willing to send me the mag expo video Domination247? Pm me if you are. Thanks!

???

HOW THE FUCK DO U SLIDE INFINITE!!!

Practice.

The infinite goes:

Either throw and OTG, or call Psy and OTG, [cr.lk, cr.fk, sj cancel, ad.db lk and WHIFF (meaning intentionally miss) it]

and then repeat the brackets. It follows a rhythm, unlike the sj infinite. So once you find the rhythm, it gets easy.

Videos.

domination247. i have some videos of the zaza vs soo and satsujin. was just wondering if you dont have them, would you like to upload them to your site? also. i have meikyoussi vol 6 and on. ive been looking for more, but unable to find them. im at skool right now so i cant check on exactly what i have. ill post later if your interested. if you can, send me a private message. thx.

-chris-

.infamous.

:cool:

Anyone know helpful ways to use Storm’s projectile assist, when to use it, etc. Thanks!:confused:

Storms proj. assist can be quite useful. It can stuff a lot of ground based assists/ supers. Once it starts, it’ll never stop - the whirlwind will keep moving until it flies off-screen.

Timed right, you can stuff commando, doom, tron etc.

You can start off a match against pretty much anyone with a lp+storm proj, cr.fk. If they get hit by it, just dash in and launch. Works best on sent, but can be pulled off on people expecting a tri jump at the start.

You could: Launch + storm, fk, fp, they should be hit by the whirlwind, then launch and do something else.

Other than adding it into combos, or starting them with it, what you can do with the proj is really limited. It takes forever to come out, and isn’t exactly fast once it is out.

the best combo that comes from storm-a is that nullified flying screen combo someone mentioned earlier. if you follow it up with the slide infinite I think the first cr.lk, cr.hk is unrollable.

ok … i have all the space anyone could ask for to put 100s of videos onto … when i get a few on there i will post the link and keep adding little by little … below is a list of all the videos that i have right now that will be on there … so if you have some that you dont see feel free to send them to me at arcticbluedragon@aol.com

----------videos----------
TP next episode , TP magneto exhibition , eltie crew , advanced(youcan get this video now from shoryuken) , mags 214 hit combo , jose vs combofiend 1 2 and 5 of 6 , gheghis vs duc 2 of 3 , kubun gambit glitch , scodolfy , meikyousisui vol 6 7 and 8 , storm combo expo , mike z , charlie amego col infinits , W/M(war) infinit , M/M(megaman) infinit , doom infinit , akuma infinit , megaman and tron combos , guard breaks , hiryu 5 , bugrave-g

there is the list i have right now … hopefully the site will be up in a week… i will keep everyone informed on everything … also if you are not sure if you have a video i have that you want to send to me … you can pm me with a small discription of the video and i will tell you if i have that video or not … i know some people like to change file names and shit like that so

--------ATTENTION-------
if you are going to send me videos please put that it is a mvc2 video in the subject line or it will not get opened … do to viruses i normaly do not open mail from people i dont know

on thing i like to do with storm proj. asst with mags is when i throw using hk … if the dont roll out do a c.lk+storm , c.hk ,c.lk ,c.hk , ROM … or you can launch after the first c.hk and do whatever from there … mind you this is techable so its not going to work every time

VIDEOS

you wanted it … you got it … either tonight or tomorrow the site will be open :cool: so be sure to check it out … what an awsome way to spend the weekend … downloading videos and playing a shitload of mvc2 and learning new shit :smiley: … dont forget to send your videos to me if you want them on there