DaYDreaM Super Scrull grab loop tech

[media=youtube]TnINRB2LvUk[/media]

This is a loop that can be done till a character is dead. Most of the cast can’t get out of the loop. Mainly character with no air options like Wolverine. Timing may vary for character size, mainly for small character like Rocket Raccoon.

[media=youtube]g5M6yq6crOc[/media]

Easier way to loop for less damage and meter.

[media=youtube]tTpEj1pe3BQ[/media]

This will show you how the loop covers all air tech options and the need for the back dash to cover the front air tech option as well as the neutral and back air tech options.

[media=youtube]BrTVp50kD0I[/media]

This shows the loop grabbing air dashes, jumps, supers, and teleports.

[media=youtube]6w-_WjbZHG4[/media]

To avoid filling this thread with videos, I will be putting all of the videos with the loop and the different assist it works with as video responses to this one.
There are:
Wesker, Ryu, Zero, Dante, Frank West, Akuma,

I do check to see if it works with all air tech options so if you are having trouble just let me know what part with what assist. One more thing, I try to make the loop work with the popular assist the character may have but if it doesn’t work I will pick one of the other assist to see if that one will, some assist end up making the loop character specific, let me know if you would still want to see them.

have you tried this on opponents who neutral tech in the air, as opposed to forward air recovery? if you dash back before the command grab, i think wolverine can get out with neutral air recovery.

I thought my first comment would have bad words in it lol, to much eventhubs. Thanks for the comment. The range on Skrulls anti-air grab covers all tech range. If you don’t dash back I bit you can’t catch the forward tech. The reason why I only show front tech is because the wall, which is key, stops them from moving back and the neutral tech well they don’t move. The combo that I show gets them from one wall to the next so you don’t have to think about the neutral/back tech. Whats crazy is how big the grab box is on the grab. So if they neutral tech it looks like they will touch the floor but they get grabed before that happens. I tested this out in the lab with all air tech options, on cpu on hardest, and even on human players. From what I know hard drive, phoenix inferno (I assume, don’t know if its grab invincible), and Dr. Strange teleport (but I punished it after, don’t know if that was his mistake). Thats why I had said characters with no really air option becase I haven’t test every air dash (alot have bad start-up), teleport (some have bad start-up), air command moves (unless its grab invincible I can’t see them working cause you can’t hit Skrulls arm, well I never seen that happen), and supers (some don’t have the low start-up or range to hit Skrull, or any invincibility to get them out of it). Even with all the air options its still hard for them to get their move out with the small window of opportunity to do so. Neutral tech will give them the biggest window for inputs because it has lee recovery but its not that big and kills some angled range as they go down a bit (Akuma or Deadpool super) and the start-up may be to much. This works with other assists like Dr. Doom hidden missiles and Wesker gun shot, which I will try to get around putting it on youtube if no one else wants to. I hope I covered everything. I will try to answer any questions people may have. This is good for Skrull players to abuse for the time being.

can you make a video with the same exact setup, but this time against wolvie that neutral techs; i couldn’t get the command grab to land in that situation. not sure if i was doing it right, but i was only able to land the grab on wolvie if i left out the back dash beforehand. don’t worry about it if it’s too much of a hassle, though.

No problem.

Do you think this would work with Frank’s shopping cart assist?

Yes it does, and here you go.

do you think you could try and post a vid? i try in the lab but couldn’t get anything.

If your talking about the Frank West assist I already put the vid in the thread, I didn’t think this ^ would be a good arrow to point you to it and just hope you would catch it, but its the fourth one.

Can air dashers avoid this by neutral teching and dashing down or away?

I felt this way when I first uploaded the video, neutral air tech then a down dash would escape it. I then thought that maybe the case with certain assist like Wesker cause he leaves them low or Dante cause he leaves them high. I used sentinel assist because his leaves them in the middle. Well its look like no air dash can get out of it when you are in position and on time. I was in the lab testing this on Magneto with his air dash. Note that you don’t need to start a combo in the corner to get the loop going you just have to get them there so you may not need to back dash when using sentinel assist, I didn’t back dash before the grab and it caught but that position doesn’t cover front air tech, so I made sure to do the back dash and I got the grab, not on the first try. I thought it didn’t work so I was just going to tell you thats away to escape it without testing but I went to the lab and when it caught with with out doing the back dash that told me as long as I input for the grab at the right time it will work. After sentinel assist I used Wesker assist and thanks to all that time the Wesker assist gives you to move around its like there is no hope for them unless you time the grab wrong because you can be in position with no problem. I’m going to continue to test this in the lab just to be 100% on this before I make the video that will put the minds of all Skrull players at ease. So far the only thing I seen escape this was Dr. Strange teleport but now I’m starting to believe I messed up, I thought I did, just didn’t believe I did.

In regards to everybody thats wants to know if you can dash out of the loop, you can’t. I have tested it several times now and the best thing is to do it with the assist that gives you the wiggle room to make it easy, like Wesker. As long as you’re in the right position and time the grab right they can’t get out of the loop with an air dash. REAL TALK, it is very hard to get this with sentinel assist because of the need for the dash back (well for me it was hard to do), if you don’t hurry up and input for the grab they will be able to dash up or down to escape it. Dante assist is almost as hard as sentinel because they are put so high they can just dash up and you can’t grab feet. You have to make sure you don’t move to far back or forward to catch them. This was some serious trial and error but I will be able to make a video to show everybody it can be done.

I’ll test this myself, but know that you can do this without an assist.

BRB I’ll be on my stream.

[media=youtube]tnMEriLPJgg[/media]

SORRY FOR ALL THE TEXT, JUST TRYING TO COVER EVERYTHING. Full title of video can be seen on youtube

I like the assist because when starting it off its easier to get them to the wall from wherever you’re at. In my opinion it’s much easier to do the loop with an assist. Solo leaves to much room for human error if anyone can understand what I mean. I’m not sure if you do it the same way I do of if you thinking the same way I’m doing it, but the way I’m doing it you have to be way to solid. I don’t recommend doing it this way. Allow me to elaborate, after you get the loop started with the first grab you have to do the down heavy otg which some people tend to not get it out or not follow up with S (tenderizer tend to be easier to use and it moves them more so you don’t need stone smite), the air combo timing if not done the same exact way can have you land close to the wall so after stone smite you end up right next to the wall, land good or land far (this causes timing to be different for the followup after the stone smite). For some people its had to combo stone smite after the air combo, they may not land on time, may press H to soon so nothing comes out, may press H to late so it whiffs. Now depending on how you delayed the buttons for the air combo effect this part. After stone smite you have to pay attention on how the positioning looks cause it may have change from the first time you tried the loop. You may need a full back dash or a short one back dash, sometimes non at all and other times you are just to close to move back in time. After you position yourself you have to do the forward H to get the to air tech. If you do it to soon or to late you miss but the in between is the crazy part. Just right is what you want but a bit sooner then that puts the higher up in the air which causes another positioning problem and a bit to late they get hit but get grounded and roll. You have to make sure you match to keep getting the same positions. With all of that in mind you still have to think about character size and the air options they have and doing this ONLINE lol. The assist kind of allows you to just do your BnB and only have to think about the grab. I know you are a good Super Skrull player, I’m just thinking about the masses.

I saw the word online and closed the tab…

Lol jk when I streamed it, it seemed cool except I dont play Sentinel so I wouldn’t use this personally but others can. Personally I just do the solo version then loop different resets from either air grabs after stone smite or another elastic slam reset.

It work with Wesker I made the video its on youtube check the video response of the Frank West video, his I think is the best one with the amount of time it gives you so you can get your positioning and time the grab so they can’t air dash out of the loop. I show it with Frank West in the forth video on top and it works with Captain America.

hey ive been trying the skrull/frank one just like in the video but some reason they don’t pop up anywhere as high as the video. I’m getting the same exact 24 hits as in tthe video and back dash but regardless they dont go air recover like in the vid…any ideas?

EDIT: Wait a minute do you backdash TWICE?

OK, so because i can’t see whats going on on your end I went into the lab to see what could be going wrong and I learned if anyone does this to Tron, be carful, she may flip out when Frank hits her right on the wall. It doesn’t happen a lot and when you use tenderizer to relaunch them she get pushed back farther then the other character so its harder to catch the S. The only thing I can guess is happening to you is you have them set to neutral air tech, which would have the character lower to the ground. They go up highest with front air tech. I use front air tech cause thats the tricky one. There is a timing that grabs all three an it won’t take long to get it. They could be garbed a lot soon from a neutral tech will a front could be garbed a lot later. The window of timing that grabs all three is big enough to get the hang of quickly. I’m not back dashing twice, what happening is I’m inputing for the grab and because there is a down motion in the input, Skrull goes down and up while moving so it kind of looks like I dash twice. If this is not the problem, let me know and I will continue to look into it.

I’ve seen someone do a solo loop using stone smite --> stone dunk in the corner too.

(2nd part of this vid)
[media=youtube]2jXGquTz7oQ[/media]

I tried it out but couldn’t grab the neutral tech. It seems like he’s jumping up while charging the stone dunk and not jumping up back as I usually do. Hrmm, I’ll have to test it some more.

I’ve also seem people use the tenderizer --> elastic slam setup after a TAC into skrull. Just another thing to think of I guess.

I like the video, I prefer using assist because the solo loop has to many variables that you have to hurdle over. My goal was to find a way for there to be as little to no options for the opponent to get out, or ways for the player to mess up. The TAC thing is cool. The main goal is to get them to the wall so you can loop them how you do it is what I would like to see on stream or something, even would like to see new combos that can be done in-between the loop.