Danger Room Session: WOLVERINE - Combo Thread

1.4 million, 2 meters + level 1 xfactor, barrage loop

[media=youtube]oyYxOIqfs8c[/media]

This is sort of impractical to waste two meters, but you can make this 100% on almost every character at the start of the match with just 1 meter + x factor.

hey guys, I’m struggling with the #10 mission for Wolvie. the problem I’m having is that after the air combo, I can’t get to the ground fast enough for my assist to do his thing before the opponent recovers.

I know it’s a height issue because when I practice the air juggle outside of the combo, I can get to the ground faster by delaying starting the air combo by about a second or so. when it starts at the peak of the jump instead of still rising, Wolverine finishes the combo lower and gets to the ground lower. assist and rest of the combo are no problem. But in the L10 combo, Wolverine knocks the opponent in the air with a standing H before knocking them into the air, so they’re naturally a little higher than normal.

Is there a way to keep Wolverine from staying in the air so long? or a way to start the combo closer to the ground?

help! (thanks for any pointers. I’ve watched this video on it: [media=youtube]Vtin_8oyQ68[/media]

in this freezeframe: http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5902/screenshot20110218at114.png

we can see hulk (the assist) beginning to appear before the opponent finishes his bounce. in my experience, I can’t get Wolverine to the ground before that same bounce is almost over. Those fractions of a second are the difference right now between me finishing this thing and me spending more hours on it.

On Mission 10, you have to do it after he does the tsunami, when the first rock hits, activate Berserker X. But the assist combo is a strict timing so try to get that down before knowing if the rocks will hit so you can do your Berserker X. I didn’t have much trouble with the combo but just with the assist part too, so it can be annoying.

EDIT: wow, I never seen a video to the combo, and the way I did it was; I waited until Hulks tsunami hit at first so that I can activate my super, X Factor, etc. In that video he did his super and right in between his super, Hulk’s tsunami hit and thats when he activated X Factor. I didn’t know that would be confirmed but I guess it’s much easier that way :]

also, @-=KOH=-, I think that combo is very practical, just need to conserve the meters by besides that… with enough muscle memory and knowledge, that combo can be done EVEN online. Nice find, btw.

For Mission 10 activate Berserker Charge then do the combo and it makes it way easier.

Here’s some more barrage loop stuff, let me know if you want me to put anything else in a video.
[media=youtube]y5RtQlFu7B0[/media]

I messed up and shortened some of the combos by a barrage, also my camera died while recording the last few bits, but I’ll put them in the next video.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Really, I have no problem doing the Tsunami into the Berserker stuff. The problem I’m having is that I can’t call Hulk before the computer recovers. By the time Wolverine lands, Chris has already bounced (as opposed to being mid-bouce in the video above). That delay in Wolverine getting to the ground is causing Hulk’s Tsunami to be too late to hit Chris before he fully recovers and the combo ends.

I need to figure out a way to get Wolverine to land faster. I’m not calling Hulk late…he’s coming as soon as I land. Wolverine just isn’t getting to the ground fast enough.

try delaying the air combo a bit… works for me that way with other chars so it should work for logan too :smiley:

just found a nice and easy midscreen/corner assist combo:

assist: dr. doom secret missile

combo into first launcher
than
air.M
air.M
air.H.
drill claw
air.down.H
s.S + assist (doom launces his missiles)
j.M
j.M
j.H
j.S
(missiles hit OTG)
WEAPON X (3 meter)

890.000 damage
thats just the basic combo—of course you can add some hits, especialy in the corner

you can do this combo in the corner and add some hits after assist OTG or do a special/super of your choice
or you can go x-factor and kill everything :wink:

dr. dooms missile assist is godlike and OP!!!

for some reason I can’t seem to land the diving kick after I do M cM H Drill claw Dive Kick yet i can do just about any other combo into dive kick. Is there something I’m not buffering maybe?

I dont get it a combo thread with no notation on the inputs?

Watching Dandy J’s combo vid (good stuff btw!) I experimented some more with his lvl 3 super. I came up with this combo:

lmh berserker slash, lvl 3, dash, immediately call magneto beam assist, d/f m (the slide) then after that s j mmh drill claw, fatal claw: 924.000 damage without xfc and with xfc lvl 1 (do the assist right after berserker slash and before lvl 3) it’s 1.510.000 damage :wow:.

You can also do it with lvl 2 but you have to omit the last h before the drill claw, fatal claw for: 1.738.700 damage.

Obviously you can’t do this with lvl 3 because you don’t have an assist then :clown:.

I just click assist right after the S. I wasn’t paying attention (did it on 1st try), but it looked like the rock hit during the super. Could be wrong, but that what I remember.

Coco292: I can’t get that mid screen, but corner works.

Maybe it works mid screen with bigger characters.

I actually got it working midscreen I think you have to dash first for it to work but yea =X

Alright am just playin this game cause i am a major Fan of Magneto and OF COURSE wolverine!
thnx for the stuff u made guys, am having fun. Something to share

The barrage Loop works on mostly all the cast from wut i tested! also works from ANY place not only corner. So a quick Combo :

-lets say , st.L, st.M,St.L, st.H XX qcf+H (press H rapid) XX d,d+ Atk+atk (Charge) XX qcf+M (Press M rapid), qcf+L (L Rapid)x 7.
by that time, before it ends by like a moment, St.S, follow jump J.M,j.H, Drill claw XX d.H.
Land, St.s, Re jump j.M,j.H, Drill claw XX Fatal Claw

^Wouldn’t hitstun decay stop that combo from working after the berserker loop? I doubt the drill claw would connect after the H on the air combo.

What I’ve been doing and practicing is standard combo L > M > H > S ^ M > M > H xx drill claw > d. H > land (KFC) H xx Berserker Charge > M barrage x5-6 > cr. L + assist > mixup.

You can KFC after you land the first air combo and do berserker loops on high health chars to kill them, or for low health just KFC and do normal relaunch > air combo > Fatal Claw to kill. If you don’t want to kill then just do berserker loops like normal.

ALSO some chars are hard to get Wolverine’s normal combo on like Tron and small chars, but to fix this after a d. H > land just do S ^ air combo (don’t do H > S ^ air combo). And it works.

Oh hey man.
hmm i think it works , i tried it on Iron man and hagger, it works…though tried it on other small chars like trish and Hesein ko and u have to cut directly to j.h to drill instead of j.M, j.H.
I can record it to be honest…thinking of makin a MVC3 combo vid, got some idea’s that i didnt see people using so far…so i guess might be fun if not yet discovered (hope they are not or else no point for the combo vid lol)
i will make sure by tryin to do this combo again, cause i remember i broke the loop on the second part while testing!! so i just gonna make sure …dont wanna post scrubby stuff >< lol

-What I’ve been doing and practicing is standard combo L > M > H > S ^ M > M > H xx drill claw > d. H > land (KFC) H xx Berserker Charge > M barrage x5-6 > cr. L + assist > mixup
hmm interesting Barrage loop after combo…didnt think of it lol. Atleast if there’s a stun meter then this is the safest way to land a barrage loop? right?

-ALSO some chars are hard to get Wolverine’s normal combo on like Tron and small chars, but to fix this after a d. H > land just do S ^ air combo (don’t do H > S ^ air combo). And it works.

sorry to ask, but am actually new to MVC series, wuts KFC? am sure it aint the Colonel recipe, but if u can help that would be awsm for future reference lol :slight_smile:

I should mention, because I forgot to before, but if they forward tech, you can’t hit with the cross up slash after.

Also @xxteefxx , KFC is just a term some people use for XFC aka x factor cancel

Hi there i also use Wolverine and have been messing around in training mode with him.
My goal was to find an anti sentinel combo so 1 300 000 damage.

It require X factor and 1 level of meter, hopefully the combo will allow you to gain one meter so you can start from 0. Any level of Xfactor works.

In the case the opponent can crouch standing light attack (anyone can???) you can do one of these two openers:

1/ (optional j.S) L, M, L, H
2/ c.L x 4, M, H

From there

cancel into HP Berserker Barrage, XFC, M, H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, Drill Claw xx Dive Kick, land, then
H, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, Drill claw xx Fatal Claw (the air super)

The timing for the last drilll into super is short so be prepared^^

Hope this helps.

Yeah, but I’m using sent drones so after the barrage loop I do cr. L + assist, and even if they forward tech drones still lock them down a bit.

Sorry for the noobness but what is KFC?

Thanks in advanced!