Dan changes you want for version 2013

I would like to have cr hp and cr hk have faster startups and reduce the arm hurtbox on gadoken

I want that command throw. cr.HP being slightly faster would be nice, but I want that command throw.

DO YOU REALIZE HOW GOOD DAN WOULD ACTUALLY BE IF HE HAD THAT COMMAND THROW?!

command throw would be godlike, when I used to play honda I would use it a lot

Are they updating SF4 original or AE?

Command throw would be good, EX DANKU GOES THROUGH PROJECTILES like Bison’s supercrusher

In order of my perceived importance:

EX Danku causes hard knockdown. This would be a massive buff to his footsie and OS game. If I could have any single buff, this would be it.

far.LK cancellable. Currently a really prominent counterpoke, but doesn’t give Dan anything.

Air.LK Danku recovery heavily reduced to allow for more frame advantage on block while also making a whiff less of a free punish.

cr.Taunt and j.Taunt cause a float state and hard knockdown. This would allow Dan to burn 2 bars to set up a hard knockdown after DP, instead of opening Dan up for a punish after Koryu FADC Taunt.

far.HP and far.HK should have 4 active frames each.

Expand grounded LK.Danku hitbox downwards. This will lighten the ridiculousness of blocking LK.Danku crouching (He gets up to +9), while stopping a lot of characters from simply being able to cr.LK or simply pass through Dan due to hitbox wonkiness.

Return Ultra II invulnerability. Make Ultra I travel faster and farther.

j.MK causes more hitstun/blockstun.

Extend cl.LP hitbox so it doesn’t whiff on standing opponents.

Increase horizontal hitbox or travel distance of MK and HK.Danku. Helps with his OS game versus teleports.

Agree!
If i can add :

• far MP cancelable
  • fix the hitbox of MK / HK dankuu so it can hit doesn’t whiff when opponent crouching , especially against Akuma
  • command throw!!!

Unfortunately, I think far MP special cancels and a command throw are TOO strong to go along with that list, especially the command throw.

well, put 3-4 changes from that list should be fine, but my personal priority is hitbox of Dankuu, it really mess up and Akuma even punished me with ultra because my st MP HK dankuu combo whiff, and Dan landed behind him

a better anti air normal would be nice, maybe large hit box on st jab vertically or better cr hp, faster start up un air dankus would be nice since dan doesn’t have the best air to air options. they should definitely make the air lk danku safe on wiff or similar to the shot’s air tatsu on wiff. U1 needs to armor break. super “draws” character in like rufus’s U1 so you can use it with air juggle. would love nj mp to cause juggle like ryu or gouken

I absolutely agree but forget the command throw. It would break him.

Faster walk speed anyone??? Dan needs to close the distance to do ANYTHING.

EX Danku hard knockdown takes care of a lot of his approach woes. Buffs to his walk-speed would be nice, but walk speed has more to do with footsies and OS-tech traps than getting inside.

His close game is already one of the best of the cast. The only buff I feel necessary for him is a better forward dash. Less recovery, faster, less distance covered to balance it. EX danku hard knock down may be a bit too strong. If he could just focus dash effectively out of fireball that change only would make him much harder to zone.

A bit too strong?

Bear in mind that the rest of the cast will get buffs too and Dan is the worst in the game

That’s true though. I try focus attacking through fireballs forward but I always get hit with the next fireball or a subsequent jumpin because it’s so long.

And where the hell is Ixion? His ass should be first in line on this! He plays Dan professionally

I’ll back these suggestions. Personally I’d to like to see aerial HK and MK danku given some sort of viability outside of gimmicks, but my main 2 are the j. mk hitstun, and Distance of Mk and HK danku. I’m sick of akuma and other teleport characters getting out what is basically for free, regardless if I OS or not.

In random order

• Command throw! that would be super awesome.
  • Taunting builds meter (even if it doesn’t hit).
  • Rolling Taunt.
  • Knockdown for Ex Dan Kick
  • U2 invincibility like in Super
  • Able to charge U2 (like Takuma’s in kof), but explodes if you hold it too long.
  • U1 Armour breaking.
  • Reduce recovery time on air dan kicks.
  • Make air dan kicks overheads.
  • An over head command move
  • Random flashing uppercuts/dp like in the alpha series.

I am right here. :slight_smile:

With all due respect, for the love of of god, do NOT give Dan a command throw. I would drop him if they did. That’s just too powerful, it would break a huge part of the underdog feeling. Big no for me.

Also hard knockdown on EX Dankuukyaku sounds too powerful for me. It would annoy opponents too much I believe. If I would fight Dan I would have gotten f***ing pissed if those things gave me a hard knockdown cuz they hit very often.

I have THREE things that I demand be tweaked when it comes to Dan, which are:

-BUFFS-

• 1. Reduction of Gadouken’s hurtbox, so that the outer part of his hand doesn’t get hit half of the time you try to apply it your footsie game. Gadouken is a large part of his limited footsie game, and having it so extremely “hittable” is only spraying salt in the wounds…

• 2. Either REMOVAL of cl.LP, or some form of buff to make it a useful move. The way it is now it’s not only useless - it’s in the way of good play. It whiffs, it has slow startup, and it has slow recovery. I hate with every inch of my body. Something must be done.

• 3. Hitbox tweak on M/H Danku so that it doesn’t go over crouching opponents like e.g. Vega and Makoto.

I also have some tweaks I would wish for Dan… and these are

-BUFFS-

• Give us back the** invulnerability of U2**, or at least make the projectile come out at all times! When e.g. Ryu or Dhalsim get stuffed by things when they’ve activated their ultra, at least the fireball comes out! Why won’t Dans!? That’s just cruel. The nerf was too heavy, make it a little bit better please.

• Buff damage on far.MP from 50 to 60 - at times I feel that “Oh! I can punish with far.MP instead of far.MK!” and I do, and end up inflicting ten less damage than I could have. far.MP is short and difficult to use - give it some more damage plox.

• Buffed hitbox/priority on cl.HK when it comes to anti-airing. It’s one of Dans very few AA normals and it’s hard to use, so it shouldn’t be stuffed as easily as it does.

• Buffed hitbox/priority on far.LP when it comes to anti-airing. Or, is it already good at anti airing? I’m not sure.

• I agree on making all of Dan’s taunts cancellable much earlier. Very interesting suggestion!
    Making cr.Taunt cancellable into whatever (for instance - walk) would be very cool. Think of stuffing Blanka Balls with cr.Taunt and almost instantaneously being able to walk up/dash forward and do stuff. It would actually feel useful to use it for meter gain, for one thing. I mean, instead of relying on only far/cr.LP for instance. Would be cool.

• Making his super being activated by K instead of P would actually feel nice (although a bit strange) - it’s ridiculously easy to get out when doing KRKs. When I have full super, I usually spend one meter for no proper reason just to get rid of the risk of getting a super instead of a KRK. It’s ridiculous. Either this - or remove the input shortcut - OR (EVEN BETTER) GIVE US THE OPTION TO DEACTIVATE INPUT SHORTCUTS.

And Capcom - while we’re at it - you like these shortcut inputs it seems, but for some reason you deactivate these for some moves. For example ultras. Make up your f**king mind! If I have to be so afraid of getting supers so easily, there should be no problems for me to activate ultras in the same idiotic way. But no - for some reason these DO NOT have these input shortcuts. Make a decision. If I would have the power to decide, I would remove the input shortcut for supers entirely, it’s just too darn easy to activate them by mistake. Or, again, give me the option to deactivate the input shortcut myself.

Must continue on the subject; these varied input shortcuts for different moves are silly… you decided to remove the negative edge part of Sakura’s Otoshi because many players accidentally got that out when trying to cancel cr.MK to Shouken. It’s understandable - BUT- do you seriously think this is the only move that players accidentally got out because of negative edge?! I can’t begin to count how many times I accidentally got cr.MK xx M Dankuukyaku instead of cr.MK xx L Dankuukaku…
… just because: I happened to release the MK button right before I pressed the LK button. I didn’t f**king care about activating a M Danku by means of releasing the MK button - all I tried to do was activate L Danku by PRESSING LK after the QCB motion.
Negative edge is a mechanism from hell. If you must have it this game - ok - but I would LOVE IT if you gave me the option to deactive it. Because it ONLY gives me trouble - never any help. I despise it.
Also my friend plays Zangief - and he does not get happy when he gets a cancelled L SPD after having made a cr.LP after which he eventually wished to follow up with an SPD (weird sentence yes, sorry…)

Also having no input shortcut for T. Hawk’s Condor Spire is just dumb and random. Why?

Continuing on the acual subject…

• Make the airborne M/H Danku’s more useful in some way,

• far.HP and far.HK should have 4 active frames each - agreeing on Krackatoa’s suggestion.

• Better forward dash - having characters like Chun-Li and Ryu being able to make true block strings after a blocked LV2 Focus dash while Dan is almost unsafe is kind of unfair.

• A somewhat longer blockstun on j.MK would be nice, it feels a bit hopeless being hit by mashed SRKs when trying to apply true blockstrings after j.MK and failing much too frequently.

• Longer hitbox on cr.MK. Try it out in training mode and make it touch the foot of the opponent; it does touch, but doesn’t hit!
    Why? It should.

• Remove juggle property of the second hit of EX KRK so that it’s possible to hit with “full” U2 after EX KRK xx FADC - and being able to juggle with the other moves (nj.HP, nj.MP, and M/H Dankuukyaku).

• I don’t mind the sweep being slow, it’s a part of Dan’s charm, but it would be cool if it had even faster recovery. That way you could be a bit more sneaky with it.

NERF

• Adjust Dan’s stupid hurtbox while being focus crumpled or stun crumpled - making things like Fei Long’s cl.HP and a lot of other things whiff for no valid reason is just “cheat-ish” and plain annoying for the opponent.
    If Dan would get ONE nerf - this should be it.

Maybe ex air danku be an over head like adons, it costs meter but does the knee drop and goes in animation on hit

I thought maybe it was time for a mid-top Dan. ;D

You’re right, but if that’s the only change they’d make, I’d be crazy stoked.

revised wishlist
-fix mk/hk danku against crouchers so it doesn’t wiff, extend lk danku down so it doesnt wiff on Blanka
-air dankus have same recovery as air tatsus on wiff (it’s like wiffing a krk right now), air lk danku have more horizontal range (ex. adon air jags) the guile match is stupid since his recovery on SB are so quick and the added range would make the match more viable, also Juri, make ex danku an ovehead
-Fix Ultra 2 so fireball still comes out on hit, some invulnerability, - Able to charge U2 (like Takuma’s in kof), but explodes if you hold it too long.(interesting concept, but so like Dan)
-U1 armor breaks/ less likely to trade (maybe faster start up, easier to combo into)
-extend hitbox for st LP so it can be use as a anti-air normal or faster start up on crouching HP (same as rose frame wise) you try fighting a dive kick toon and try to stop it (like makoto, bison, pretty much free)
-lessen hurtbox on gadoken, it gets traded way too much with its poor range as a footsie tool/or extend range
-lessen frame for forward dash and/or recover or make his FA quicker, dan needs to get in close, fei can get in super quick because his FA is wide and quick
-nj mp causes juggle ala ryu/gouken
-j.MK causes more hitstun/blockstun
-standing cl. mp should do same damage as crouching mp

• Making his super being activated by K instead of P
    -taunts gian meter on hit but are not safe, make them safe on hit/block, faster startup for air taunt, it still should not do damage
    -better hit box on st HK, maybe reduce damage(it does 110 now), I find it useless because of st mk’s range

Nerfs?
-maybe his back dash, but nerf all ridiculous backs dashes like rose, chun, gen, makoto, etc

• Adjust Dan’s stupid hurt box while being focus crumpled or stun crumpled - making things like Fei Long’s cl.HP and a lot of other things whiff for no valid reason is just “cheat-ish” and plain annoying for the opponent.
    If Dan would get ONE nerf - this should be it.

afterthoghts:
Dan is a CC character yet he doesn’t have the pokes/priority or damage of other CC charecters/grapplers (ex makoto, cody, zangief, etc.) I hate the stigma of Dan being a joke charecter/high risk low reward