Dan changes you want for version 2013

I too when I have full super, look for an EX danku to get rid of one bar… it’s ridiculous.

We’ve come up with some interesting choices for the character, hopefully we can get them to listen. I agree with pretty much everything Ixion said except the EX danku… I’m not scared of it being too good.

Remember dudes:

MANY chars are getting buffs. Chars that are already better than Dan. Getting better buffs is a matter of survival. He might go from “usable but incredibly challenging” to “automatic loss” 90% of the time eh

ZOMG just found out about the patch, now we can watch Capcom not give Dan the attention he needs/deserves and add more needless nerfs again, yay!

I saw an old video that showed Dan doing a safejump directly after a throw except on 3fDP chars. I tried it and it didn’t work. Was it removed or am I doin it wrong?

Ixion, with all due respect, but you know better than me that Dan’s bigger problem right now is to “get in”. Think about those Dhalsim, Guile, Sagat matches. How much would a faster forward dash help Dan? all other buffs are kinda pointless if you ask me. Maybe i’m for the removal of clLP tho :slight_smile:

Remember that it has a 1-frame margin of error, and the distance must be correct so Dan’s hurtbox recedes far enough upon landing to keep you from being tagged by the initial SRK active frames.

Anyhow, backdash doesn’t need to be nerfed, as it doesn’t grant him any immunity from 99% of backdash-OSs from other characters.

Has anyone read the other character’s post of what they want in the update?

I already know what it’s all going to say.

“Buuuuuffz plox”

Hurray, you’re not dead afterall!

this is undoubtedly too powerful, but there a few things I’d like to see in the update.
-command throw (im not sure if this will be too powerful)
-charge gaduken
-a way to pass through projectiles(rolling taunt? 0 dmg but safe)
-priority on cr.hp
-ultra 2 invulnerability
-overhead?!

Shin dan?

I really want dan’s air dankus to be like Adon’s air JK, all be lk danku and according to strength is the distance, ex is an over head. would help on the matches vs zoners. I think a command grab would be too OP, it would be like giving Cody one.

I can’t understand how you can seriously consider a command grab for Dan. xD Ror.

Anyway a rolling taunt to get past fireballs would be faggin’ awesome! Not a fast and godlike one but maybe a version of his regular cr.taunt that just makes a small roll before he taunts! Hahahaha it would be cool as hell! They could just exchange the cr.Taunt to that, really. :smiley: Would be fun to use against Sagat for instance.

Charge Gadouken sure sounds interesting!

Overhead - mmmmh… doesn’t sound like Dan. Think it would be too good considering he already has a godlike pressure game.

Nobody would want the fucking grab if we had never heard of it. But the guy found the secret abandoned file, which held the promise of Dan`s god mode. It is already there. It exists. In an inacessible vault of dead end code, it is already in the game.

Our eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord… and He saw that it was GOOD

The thread is up get your asses in there and start lobbying ASAP

I’m up in there

Thread link for anyone in need: http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/go/thread/view/7411/29831847/dan-balance-suggestions?pg=1

lol at all the people calling on danku nerfs, I think i’d rather have him stay the same and get no buffs than nerf it

Just posted my essay on the thread.

Does anyone know how to mod like Error1 did, so we can test the suggested changes ourselves.

Not worth the time it would take.

Edit: Trudging through some of those suggestions is like reading bad fanfiction. Also, some guy stole my avatar. That was custom. -_-;

I just finished reading your entry, agreed with everything except for the command grab suggestion.