Cvs2 team formation: discussion/suggestions, etc

N-groove is good for characters take advantage of all the good stuff it offers…and it offers A LOT.

Low jump + run + roll + RC + powerup = good for all the top tier and makes lower tier good too. This should be pretty common sense.

As for the game evolving…I have to disagree, the game is pretty much exact same as it was at the start, cept instead of N, ppl are just whoring A, and doing random activates that lead to 80% damage, or guard break, or 20% chip, or some other garbage. The basics and RC’s and the style of play hasn’t evolved at ALL.

Anyway, to really get why N is good, just play it for 20 minutes, then switch to S or P, and you will see what the shit grooves really are.

stupid ass reasoning

by the same contrast

C groove: air block + dash + roll + RC + stored meter

P groove: low jump + dash + parry + stored meter

K groove low jump + run + jd + rage powerup and defense

Not quite…cause u forgot to add:

P groove: has worst guard damage in the game, worst super damage in the game, no alpha counter, super takes forever to build, although YES, you CAN store it…

C groove: tons of super (which is what SF is nowadays…build super, and use it), roll, LVL2 cancels, air block (which is amazing)

K groove: highest super damage in the game, highest damage when raged, easy access to supers, easy ass way to neglect chip and gain advantage (JD).

P groove is by FAR the hardest to use because it offers the fewest defensive options, the fewest realistic offensive options, and P-groovers have the lowest access to super.

A-Kim is trash I’d say go either C- or Leezy Kim:smile:, that shit worked for him.
Rol’s Great in A- but I would say C- is his better groove due to more AC’s and level 2 trip wires. And Sak well shes sak nothing to really say.

As for teams I use A-Rol Haoh Geese, A-Blanka Rol Geese and K-Haoh Yama Geese/Blanka.

actually, S groove has the highest super damage in the game.

Run isn’t always better than Dash. Run and Dash have different properties that can be suited to the player. Run is obviously effective for people who like the “simple” rush down, or cover more ground quickly, or play tricks like run/skit->throw/jab. but Dash can play alot more mind games imo compared to run.

You can do corpse hops, bounce out of some moves since you’re airborne (think vs sagat who do cr.mk xx super against runners. if he did that to dashers, they’ll bounce out of the cr.mk, and the super will whiff).

If you know your dashes well, you can play zoning games very well. Reovery on dashing is alot better than running, plus you can buffer button taps and motions during your dash to hide some inputs from your opponents.

And the game has evolved…from N-groove to A-groove…and the style has changed…from not using RC’s to using RC’s…and from Sagat being top tier to bison/blanka being top tier…with so many changes in the game since day 1, I dunno how you can say the game hasn’t evolved, unless your definition of “evolved” doesn’t mean “changed”.

Wow, a reply that doesn’t anger me… I know S has highest damage supers in the game, the K example was more of a secluded example (comparing C, P, K). K has like +10% and S +15% or something like that. Anywho, I agree dash is better. A lot better. While dashing can be used for trickery and setups, running is more often used to create pressure or to gain ground. They both have their purposes, but I find myself using running very rarely, and when I do, I use it in small bursts, which resembles more of a dash than anything else.

As for CVS2 evolving, I stand by my original view. I could watch vids from a few years back, and apart from the characters, the way the characters are played are pretty identical. It’s not like a drastic, visible change occured like in MVC2 when the game went from Doom/BH style trap teams to Magnet/AAA style rush down. CVS2 play has always been turtlish, and once RC’ing and CC’s were discovered fully, the game got the flavor of the month syndrome, where everyone and their grandma’s are abusing overpowered characters and tactics.

EDIT: How can you say Sagat isn’t top-tier?

Run isn’t good for all the top tier by any stretch - cammy, bison, and blanka are all MUCH better with dash than run. Run isn’t good for dhalsim either, cuz he gets dizzy and some attacks will whiff. That’s why Iyo uses C I think.

The run/dash thing doesn’t really strike me as broken parts of any groove - simply a different way of getting from point A to B. A good corpse hopping dash is waaaaaay more useful and broken, and isn’t the groove but the character’s fault. And if low jump is part of noskill N then it’s gotta make P a little noskill too - can’t have it both ways.

You don’t like the way the game has evolved, that much is obvious. Which is a shame, but wut you gon dew.

I’m not saying Sagat ISN’T top tier, i mean he doesn’t hold the status he once did in CvS2 as the ultimate cheap character. he doesn’t hold the #1 spot anymore. My example is similar to your argument of mvc2 where Doom/BH trap style no longer being the best (much like c-sagat in cvs2), and replaced with Cable/Sent abuse (much like a-blanka/bison). Doesn’t mean a good Doom/BH isn’t good, it’s just harder to compete with them.

And teams have changed…from N-ryu/x/sagat or k-cbs to a-sak/bison/blanka/vega. Sure there’s alot less variety now, but that’s cause each of the top teir characters have provent their worth, much like in mvc2.

Oh, God, I’m reminded of the stupid Shoto rushdown phase of CVS2. What a sad, sad phase. N-Ryu for life…

woah guys, you dont know shit ok. (the)geese knows wtf hes talking about.

i was gonna post that, im dead serious -_-.

iirc, it’s S-groove supers(in red/max bar?) that does more than raged super.

normals aren’t included.

I think it’s cause you’re keeping the supers at infinite.

Turn off infinite supers and try it out.

S-Groove

Meter Length: 100 units
Guard Bar Length: 48 units
Damage Bonuses: Full Meter: 115%
Red Life: 5%
Full Meter Duration: 166 units on the timer (996/60 secs)

K-Groove

Meter Length: 72 units
Guard Bar Length: 43 units
Damage Bonuses: Full Bar - Normal attacks : 135%
Special attacks : 130%
Super attacks : 110%
Full Meter Duration: 180 units on the timer (1080/60 secs)
(random note:) Just Defending gives you 6 units of meter and 100 units of life.

-butkooth systems fack

whoops sorry about that, I haven’t been playing much I started college last year, I still read the forums every now and then. So anything I say could very easily be wrong.

so S-groove normals get the same damage bonus as supers?

(the)geese: please stop.

Yeah allen, they do. IIRC i was in training mode and i noticed it does a lot more damage when in desperation mode. i think.

S and N can net more damage than K but that’s character specific.

huh?

Actually, i’ll have to think about this next time i play but i’m pretty sure s.rh can be counterpoked with s. rh without too much worry… I can’t remember 100 percent what button i use to poke it but my main gameplan in cammy vs. sak (this may be totally wrong cause i usually play off feeling not ideas) is to stay outside of saks rh range, counterpoke her stand rh with mine, keep her out with low forward and s. rh, and cannon spike any time she tries to get bizay