Cvs2 team formation: discussion/suggestions, etc

Any thoughts on my team

R2 Ryu Vice Sagat- P groove

hmmm

when i plan out my team formation, my (dumb) logic is for my first character to build meter, 2nd to finish off opponents first guy if i hadnt already, third is a standard top tier. this can really jack me up sumtime cuz i wont ever change my fighter’s spots. if they’re using a-sakura first, im going to be an idiot nd use Chun no matter what. I love N groove but i recently went to C, but ma team is da same…chun/ken;cammy;sagat(2) Tips on K/N athena anyone?

Popoblo: why does K Cammy counter A Sakura?

i usually just play K cuz i’m not good enough at the rest of the grooves but i try haha.

K: Geese/Blanka/Sagat (sometimes i sub in Cammy for Geese)
C: Ken/Honda/Sagat.
A: Honda/Sakura/Blanka
N: Iori/Chun Li/Sagat

JD helps fend off annoying RCs, and cannon spike owns Sak for free…well, not for free, but it punishes her bad. Trading standing rh with dive kicks isn’t all that bad, considering you get mad meter for getting hit and the damage is about the same, but you can cannon spike her out of them too. K-Cammy does well because she gets meter so fast, and her lvl 3s deal insane damage on Sak. It’s the combo of K-groove raged lvl 3 and Sak being a little girl.

im not near my dc (im in norcal) but does cammy s.rh kick sakuras s.rh?

what do u think of A kim, sak, rolento (r2) aka Team Asia

I’ve been using K-Kyo/Iori/Sagat2 every so often… Would one say this is the right groove for this team tho? That’s what I’m a bit confused about.

im under the firm belief that iori blows total ass w/o roll. he also loses his ability to punish a whole mess of things without run. so basically you have to use n-groove.

I’ll try some N-Groove teams then. How does Kyo stack up in N?

Dent – You can punish Sak’s rh with Cammy’s…but it’s really hard. I’ve only seen it when you’re pixels away from her full extension rh, and then you hit her with Cammy’s rh…it looks like Cammy hit’s Sakura’s knee with hers. You can trade at full extension, but I’ve never seen it hit clean from that far…and last I checked, anytime Cammy goes foot to foot with Sak (i.e. rh on dive kick) it either trades or Cammy just gets owned. It’s easier to punish with standing forward…'cause it’s faster and will recover in case you whiff. If you’re really good with reacting, you can run after it and low forward, but I can’t do that consistently.

Ouroborus – I’ve never heard of Team Asia before…but that team is pretty good. In that order or switch Kim and Sak for matchups, but most times you’d want Kim first. The only problem I see with the team is Kim not being able to deal damage, Sak taking too much, and Kim and Rolento are really hard to play…I mean, they require more thought and effort to play well than Sak or the other tiers. But, Kim’s top tier anyway…

Kayin – That team is extremely good in K, just drop Iori for someone else…Cammy, Geese, Rock…Dent’s right, Iori is ass without roll…and a lot of his mixups come from running into his quick roll, and RC setups. If you switch to N, that team is good too. Kyo could be replaced by Chun or Blanka, but he’s still very good in N. Hah, Lalo made your av too.

ive been messing around a bit with kyo in n groove and hes actually pretty dope. if you do his regular rekka combo you get all the mixups you do in k groove plus a nasty roll crossup. just after you finish the combo, roll and youll end up on the other side, it looks hella tricky.

ty leezy <3

Guess I’ll stick with my usual K-Groove team then, I’ll give N-Kyo/Iori/Sagat a shot too. Those crossup roll mixups with Kyo sound nice. :tup:

Hi. Some wanna give me some suggestions/comments for my teams???

K-Cammy/Vega/Sagat(r2)

My hands down best team pretty much. Whooped a lot of A-groovers with this.

P-???/Kyo/Cammy(r2)

I need a battery for this team. Any suggestions?

C-Chun/Ken/Blanka(r2), Sak/Balrog/Joe(r2), Rolento/Mai/Vega(r2)

There you go. Strong, Mid, BAD. First team is my no. 3 strongest team, Second team is for fun, Third team is an absolute joke team that’s called T-Moble.

N-Hibiki/Maki/Chun(r2), Chun/Iori/Sagat(r2).

First team is another joke team based on the characters’ pink costumes, and the second team is my no. 2 strongest team.

A-Akuma/Bison/Hibiki(r2)

I don’t play a lot of A groove often, but when I do, that’s the team I use.

Any suggestions would be greatly apprecated on any of the teams. I know I play a lot of teams, but I don’t really like to confined to one groove myself.

Looking for a team based on the few a-groove characters that I used. Basically looking for balance, where one characters weakness/counter character can be compensated by the other.

Got any suggestions? I use (all in a-groove) Blanka, Hibiki, Rock, Vega, Mai, Rolento.

p-blanka is ugly but works as a good battery.

I just read the first page, but since when is N groove considered a skill groove? It’s one of the best and definetly the most balanced groove in the game. Do people forget the first year of competitive CVS2 when everyone and their mommas used N? And most people considered C groove just OK. People love to ride the bandwagon, and considering the overall fickleness of people, I just found popoblo’s comment pretty damn funny. N groove is NOT a skill groove. Never will be. If you want to brag about how you win with pure skill, use P. No gimmicks, no bullshit. Just footsies, and a very RARE super.

edit:
i like RC drill as AA for cammy

no reason…

NO GIMMICKS!!! cept for parry…

laff…since when is parry a gimmick? I hope you’re joking…

Do you not realize that games evolve beyond what is considered ‘good’ the first year of a game’s competitive life? What dominated then has no relevance to what’s used today.

And I’d like to know why you think N groove has no skills associated with it. There are quite a few things that N groove gives, but you have no dominating gimmick like lvl 2 cancels, CC, or parries. AC / counter roll is only as good as said character’s roll/AC. You get to RC, but that’s not exclusive to N. N gives you a lot of tricks, but there are very few characters who can actually take advantage of everything N offers. Being alert enough to spot when you can bust out the N groove gimmicks is skills to me.