Critique My DeeJay!

Lol, was changing colors each game, pretty sure that color doesn’t show up as green in the color select, think it was yellow.

Can you only cancel cr.HP early? Is it worth buffering a special off of a CH setup with cr.HP in a string?

I’m pretty sure you can only cancel the beginning part of it where his arm is like in the air instead of elbow down. In terms of block strings, eh. I mean, I primarily use is as a counter poke against things like Rose’s cr MP. I’ve never really tried it the other way.

I have a hard time canceling it off of any kind of footsie or CH scenario, I use standing mp to whiff punish and cancel into moves. I still use cr. HP a good amount when playing footsies because it beats more then st. Mp and is more consistent and usually easier to time, but just accept I’m prob not gonna get a combo out of it.

Been playing Sakura mostly lately, but heres a couple of an ibuki that was smackin me around. Def need some more time playing this matchup, wasn’t blocking a lot of mixups, need to work on using dwu too.

The videos are private

Fixed

1.Block
You are getting hit by unnecessary stuff. You stand too much under pressure.

2.Adapt
When fighting an autopilot overhead spamming Ibuki, crouchtech with cr.hp OS. It stuffs the overhead. Use it sparingly.

3.Maximize your damage
After sobat FADC link Cl st.mk instead of cr.lk.

Yeah the connection wasn’t great and I was having a hard time blocking fast dash through mix ups etc. Definitely could work on that.

Good to know option select. Will spend some time in training mode with it.

My muscle memory auto goes to cr. lk after fadc, need to reprogram myself.

I’ll try and keep posting more I like the feedback, and option/matchup knowledge you’re giving me. I love Dee jay, but playing sakura these past couple weeks has been rewarding. Once I get more consistent with her execution I think she’ll be a blast.

Made me sad when you posted your change in mindset from “stay solid and I’ll win,” to “have 2 bars and ultra need to figure out how to get a touch.” It’s so true, Dee jay deserves the defense his character style usually possesses, but he lacks. Oh well.

I’m supposed to be doing a mini tournament with a few friends today. I’ll post some of the matches afterwards hopefully.

So I’d love to post here soon, but I struggle to get good matches on PC Ranked, and when I do it’s a 4000pp player whom I’ll usually just choke against because “OMG LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE POINTS $$$$” I was thinking I could upload a match against any random player I come across, but half of the time they’re mindlessly jumping and letting me get anti-airs and throws in for free. PC is the real struggle.

If anybody has PC Ultra and would be down for a set or two it’d be a great help, could honestly use some feedback from experienced DeeJay players. Feel as though I’m a little over-aggressive with him, comes from playing a bunch of Cody I guess.

I’ll try uploading a few friendly sets with friends sometime if I ever get the chance. Probably in the next few days while I’m busy making myself active around here.

https://youtu.be/CcNL-bBBZu4 I really enjoy dee jay. I don’t practice him enough but I want to know where I could improve the most.

Feel you got away with a lot there in the air and with the Sobat’s. When you punish a shoryuken or an unsafe move you have time to charge down against don’t use EX Sobat, use H.MGU mashed or EX MGU into EX Sobat/U2 it’ll net you a lot more damage, if you don’t have time to charge go into cr.lk > cr.lp > cr.mk. Work on the way you space the opponent, you jumped in and out of different zones a lot, find the spot you want for footsies and hold it, from there you can throw pokes, and attempt to catch him pressing buttons with L.Sobat and when spaced properly M.Sobat. Some of the buttons thrown were hella unsafe but he didn’t know to punish so it’s all good.

Been a while since I’ve touched SF for more than an hour or two, so that’s all I can say and tbh I might be wrong, my mind is in Mortal Kombat/Guilty Gear mode still.

Don’t have time for charge go into cl.mk > cr.mk. Froztey confirmed scrub. :^)

Maybe you aren’t always close enough for cl.mk and cr.lk is the fastest way to punish to help the guy out some.

fukufishfuckbs :^)

fuccboi confirmed

That online flowchart must be getting you all da wins c:

Its a rhythm chart.

You can build charge with cl. Mk combos as long as you start them close to opponent. Easiest one is probably cl.Mk >cr.lp> cl.Mk >sobat

Or just do cl.mk > cr.mk which is better in a lot of scenarios for the knockdown pressure