Copy THIS! The Taskmaster thread!

Taskmaster (along with Akuma) are unlockable characters. They must first be purchased with in game Player Points to use. Taskmaster takes 8000PP (supposedly, not as bad as it looks). More information here.

Also check out Taskmaster’s entry in the SRK wiki with a video showing off his moves: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Taskmaster

Legend
:l: = Light attack
:m: = Medium attack
:h: = Heavy attack
:s: = Exchange (or “Special” button)
:atk:= Any attack button
:a1:=Assist 1
:a2:=Assist 2
DHC= Delayed Hyper Cancel
AD= Airdash

Assists
A: Aim Master- Horizontal Shot(direct, :f:)
B: Aim Master- Parabolic Shot (direct, :uf:)
Y: Aim Master- Verticle Shot (direct, :u:)

Movelist

Aim Master- :qcf::atk: (Air ok)

Taskmaster takes aim with his bow and fires an couple arrows forward. Each button alters the trajectory; the :l: version fires forward, the :m: version fires upward at a 45 degree angle, and the :h: version goes straight up and make the arrows rain down. Holding the button will fire a few more arrows.

In the air, :l: fires forward, :m: fires downward at a 45 degree angle and :h: fires straight down. The :h: version can hit OTG in corners.

Sword Master- :dp: :atk:

Taskmaster makes an extravagent spin-slash with his sword. A slow moving move, but an overhead. The interesting aspect of Sword Master is that on block, you can do several follow up moves. Each strength of Sword Master determines how many extra followups you may attempt. The buttons/motions in brackets symbolize which button to hit to continue the combo.

:dp::l:>Headbutt( :h: )>Lights Out ( :qcf: :h:)

:dp::m:> Headbutt ( :h: )>Below the Belt ( :m: )>Low Kick( :h: )>Lights Out ( :qcf::h:)

:dp::h:>Headbutt ( :h: )>Below the Belt ( :m: )>Low Kick ( :h: )> Shield Bash ( :h: )> Knee Kick ( :m: )>Lights Out( :qcf::h:)

Guard Master- :qcb::atk:

Much like Amaterasu and Wesker, Taskmaster will parry the incoming attack and preform a painful counter-attack. Each strenth of the counter has different properties; :l: counters mid attacks, :m: counters low attacks, and :h: will reflect projectiles, and nullify beams.

Shield Skills - :b::h:

Taskmaster uses his shield just like Captain America in his own version of Charging Star. The range isn’t as great as Cap’s, but it has the added benefit of being a command normal, which means you can cancel it directly into Launcher ( :s: ), specials or Hypers. The shield also eats projectiles.

Spidey Swing- :f: :h: (Air ok)

Taskmaster preforms a swing on his grappling hook, loosely based off Spiderman’s Web Swing. Much like Spider-butt’s, Taskmaster can combo into and out of his Swing.

(New for Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3) Sting Master- :qcf: :s:
A new special move for Taskmaster for UMvC3. Taskmaster lunges forward with his sword, impaling the enemy, than shoots them away with his gun. Causes hard knockdown, and can be comboed pretty easily.

Hyper Combos:

Legion Arrow- :qcf::atk::atk: (Air ok, can be aimed down)

Taskmaster fires a lot of arrows. Can be aimed anf fired in 3 different directions, depending on the button combination.
On the ground:
:l::m:- Fires straight forward.
:l::h:- Fires upward at a 45 degree angle (up-forward).
:m::h:- Fires at a 90 degree angle (Straight upwards). Can hit OTG if timed correctly.

In the air:
:l::m:- Fires straight ahead.
:l::h:- Fires down forward (Hits OTG).
:m::h:- Fires straight down (Hits OTG).

Secret Move: Aegis Counter- :qcb::atk::atk:

A super counter much like Wesker’s Rhino Charge. Counters normals and other supers. If Taskmaster is attacked during the animation he rocks his opponent’s body with big, nasty sword slashes before shooting them in the head. Brutal, and stylish. Leaves opponent in an untechable knockdown state as the move finishes, so you can follow up with the :df: Legion Arrow Hyper if you time it correctly.

More gameplay:

[media=youtube]iGtDfoI9wo4[/media] (We got combos!)

[media=youtube]MSIxpxGhm7w[/media]

Screenshots: IGN: Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Screenshots, Wallpapers and Pics

Official Art: Taskmaster artwork for Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - Taskmaster Introduction Trailer Video - Xbox 360 - IGN

Contributors:

Zellorz for imputs and combo’s, A certain informative poster for Sword Master moves, Lilman for Legion Arrow imputs.

Combo’s

:l:, :m:, :h:, :f::h: (Spidey’s Swing), j.:m:, j.:m:, :l:, :m:, :h:, :s: (launcher), j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s: (slam), j.:qcf::h: (Aim Master)>j.:qcf::atk::atk: (Legion Arrow)

Also reserved

That counter super didn’t do a lot of damage, though…certainly not as much as Wesker’s.

characterwise…as in the character hes been in the comics. i dont see why marvel chose him, but like i said, if he ends up being badass and useful ill totally use him

Probably has longer time from the look of it or could of been Haggar has high health? And hell yeah, looked awesome. Damn, he looked fun to play as. Amalgam FTW and done right, eat your heart out Seth. Shit so awesome and looks to be fun.

AGREED. Ryu and Spiderman just got thrown off the list of potential point characters for me… Usher in a new age of TASKMASTER!

Thread title should be: I can do everything better than you.

Also, I know that earlier I said it wouldn’t make much sense for him to be using the moves of characters not in the game – simply because people who kind of know what he can do wouldn’t necessarily know where the moves are from – but he actually does everything I kind of expected him to, especially with the bow and sword. Although it’s kind of strange that he even mentions the Black Knight in one of his moves. Not sure how I feel about the web swing though. Sure, it looks extremely good, but at the same time rather goofy for a “regular” guy.

Jeaaaaaah! Task, “the situation” Master!

EDIT: LOLOL @ counter super:

“Secret move! Heh, I saw dat! So did Black Knight!”

oooh, that’s good. I’ll think about it. I chose “Copy THIS!” because of the achievement called the same thing. I told myself if I ever got the Taskmaster thread, I would call it that. Short, sweet, to the point.

But yours is *really *catchy…

His counter Hyper combo is WAY too awesome to be a counter. Oh well. I’m wondering what his Level 3 is going to be. Also, the banter between him and Deadpool is going to be priceless.

Does anybody here love his awesome as holy hell theme music?

IT’S EPIC!!!

He’s kinda goofy. Maybe he’ll grow on me.

I know, right? So good.

Lol what? That voice is fucking amazing!

Loving the look of the character, his throw anmiation is pretty badass too. More importantly he seems pretty useful with that swing loop and his nifty projectile.

Interested to see what his third hyper is though…

I opened the link up again just because the theme music didn’t pop into my head until now, and it’s extremely fitting.

Colour me impressed. I did not think I would like Taskmaster this much, but so far I really pretty much everything about him so far.

Lupinko(since got everything else correct) says Task only has two same as Spencer. So yeah, but damn, looks like Task gonna rival Dante(hopefully) in normals.

i dont understand why people didnt want clone characters in this game, but thats exactly what taskmaster and akuma are =\

A fan of nouveau lame Rad Spencer would think that. :coffee: