Complete Oro Thread

Dope stick. I think some type of yellow buttons would also look nice but tight none the less. Can’t wait to hit the lab once 3so drops so I can actually try to practice all this stuff properly.

Thanks! I tried the yellow buttons but no joy. I will wait for the green bezel and maybe just go with black buttons. I have a green ball top and will throw that on for now.

Dude that stick art concept is friggin premium. The whole char theme with background and portrait and normal frames assigned to buttons… woot! Is that Oro’s command grab frames along the bottom? Can I steal the concept at some point or commission you to do a piece for me if I ever decide to alter my TE stick/ build one from scratch?

p.s. This is not the look at my arcade stick thread so get that shiz outta here. Back to oro strats… lol.

The animation at the bottom is the Sun Disk Palm/Nichirin Shou.

Oro strat 1a, 1b and 1c:

Get close and mash the Strong button. That’s what I have learned from this thread. Thanks J!

Whoa that’s fucking awesome critical shot. The idea that you love oro that much is just difficult to handle. You probably have brain damage like jwanggg.gg.g

Edit: It looks good without a green bezel, personally I think that’d be over the top (btw im a pro graphic designer lolololooool)

The only change I would make is the typeface for his name. a bit cavemanesque. however, I cant really think of a good alternative off the top of my head.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I play with a black bat top so I was going to change the last 2 buttons to black to frame the green buttons between the black bat top and the last 2 black buttons. The green bezel would frame the entire image and match the buttons since the buttons don’t really “match.” I also thought about making the first 6 buttons all black and leaving the last 2 clear. I agree the typeface is “cavemanesque” as the background is a cave! Let’s just call it a “WIP”.

Alright, I have a couple of questions and as there is no general discussion, this seemed like a place as good as any other.

1. Is cr.MK into Oni Yanma a link similar to Ken’s cr.MK, SA3?
  2. Why do I see Oro’s SA2 often being used against Dudley? Is that because his Chicken Dance, cl.MP xx SA3, jump toward is very ambiguous on just Dudley or is it a coincidence?
  3. Less of a question and more of a statement: EX fireball, double-jump away is too funny!
  4. What is Oro’s ideal range to be in? I’m assuming just out of your opponents footsie range and eventually in his face?
  5. What are Oro’s hitconfirms?
  6. Oro’s forward kara-throw is useless up close. Is Oro’s roundhouse kara-throw worth using?
  7. What is Oro’s best way of building meter?
    8.I often see Oro’s sweep used in blockstrings. Is that because it is safe or do they expect a tech/buttonpress?

That’s about it for now. I might have more questions when I actually purchase the game. 3rd Strike Online should be out tomorrow I believe.

1. No. It’s not really confirmable. It’s a cancel, not a link. It’s a charge move, not a double fireball. It only works from very close range, not max distance.
  2. It is ambiguous and can lead to what is essentially an infinite combo if the Dudley cannot parry out of the set ups. You can’t quick rise from combos with supers in them and the full combo builds enough meter to throw another booger. Oro can also cross up Dudley in the corner. SAII also allows Oro to use EX moves vs Dudley. I think this is all earlier in my thread?
  3. You mean so that they can’t see the fireball to parry it? Yup!
  4. It really depends on ton of stuff. If you have meter, you wanna be close enough to cl. MPxxx EX tengu and kill them. In general, I’m comfortable just inside of a shoto low forward range. So that cl MK doesn’t activate, and I can still hope over lows with UOH. I can kara grab, and I can stand short to make them not be near me. If I’m a little further than that, I like to roundhouse a lot more if they aren’t playing a twin or Chun. Vs characters with longer ranged stuff, I try to stay far away and use my long pokes to counter poke them and also fireballs and kara command grab when I’m feeling frisky (vs Hugo, Q, Chun, others)
  5. None. His hit confirms are cl MP combos into super, or cl MP into ex tengu.
  6. Correct.
  7. I guess I’ll add a section about this. The thing about Oro is that you have to be very proactive to build a lot of meter via chicken dance combos. He doesn’t build a lot without that. As far as whiffing moves goes, on the ground you can whiff st. MK, but jumping whiffed chicken dance builds more, but it can be risky since, you know, you have to jump.
  8. It’s pretty safe from far/max range because it pushes them a decent way out and he can mix up with some high moves in place of it. The button press/tech thing is very SFIV-y I think. Not really sure what that means?

J you getting 3S on console? Which console?

I’ll be getting 3so for XBL. I might not be able to activate gold account until like next week though and I don’t have a 360 stick because the “stick modder” in our area did a poor job wiring both of mine and neither of them work. I’ll post my gamertag if I come back. I’ll be playing at friends’ houses and shit, I’m sure. Lemme know your tag and I’ll tell you if we ever face each other lol. (I’ll probably be using pink hair Elena). I use SAIII vs Oro, but I’m not sure if I can see which character you choose, so I’ll be on SAII if that’s the case.

1. Sorry. I must have missed it. It was after all in the early hours of the morning that I made the post.
  2. But is roundhouse kara-throw viable or should I just stick to regular throw?
  3. A section on this would be helpful. A general makeover would do this forum some good also. :arazz:
  4. By tech I mean a throw tech. And by buttonpress, literally a press of any button of the six attack buttons. Both making the sweep a counterhit if baited correctly.

And what is up with 3rd Strike not being on XBLA already? I woke up nice and early and it’s not there! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Less than three hours to go meng.

HK karathrow is viable. It’s probably one of the better karathrows in the game.

Bollocks. Karathrowing with the hard butttons feels so unnatural to me, especially roundhouse… I’ve never actually opted to learn how to do it 'cos I was afraid I would end up having a t-rex arm. How do you guys position your hands?

When I kara with HK, I use my my pinky knuckle. The positioning is uncomfortable at first but after a while you get used to it. And Oro’s really is one of the better ones, the range is very good. haha

I was sooo confused when I first read your post. “Pinky knuckle? You karathrow with the outside of your hand? What the f***!” But then I understood that you just fold your pinky inwards. Hahaahaha. And seriously, it is tons better than my way. It doesn’t feel great, but it sure beats whatever the heck I was doing. Thank you. :china:

Btw, I just found out that Oro can SJC out of his cl.MP. Pretty neat!

Edit: I’m so terrible. I can’t manage to cancel SA2 out of cl.MP’s first hit consistently. Esspecially from the P1 side.

You have to walk forward like a pixel to land cl.mp (2hits), cl.mp, j.hk right? I can’t get the second cl.mp to hit consistently and I’m not sure why.

Ah! Sorry sorry sorry, I got that wrong. I use my RING finger to kara the HK, not my pinky. If you’re satisfied with the pinky then that works too I guess, but I meant the ring finger. haha

The pinky method suits me just fine actually, hehe.

So how unsafe is Oro’s command grab really? I was just watching Kuroda’s Oro massacre everyone! and he uses it very boldly. He would sometimes dash up after a throw and do cl.MK xx command grab or simply use it in a blockstring. It worked for him most of the time and the times that it didn’t, he got away with it scotfree. Does this mean that it isn’t that unsafe or that they couldn’t handle playing Kuroda?

Edit: I just saw another video where a command grab got blocked. Apparently it is punishable by Ken’s sweep. So not very safe. No, not very safe at all. :coffee:

It’s unsafe on block. You can see it get punished here and there in the East/West tourney vid.