"COME HERE!"- The Super Skrull Match-up Thread

No prob man. Just here to help. If you’re looking for all the skrull tech then either look up the forums here or check out my guides if you haven’t been through them yet.

Ive been watchin ur mvc3 skrull guide most info is still pretty useful. Do u have any suggestions on which high level skrull play on youtube?

I have played a lot against wolverine online and offline using super skrull (2 of my friends use him as his main) so I can tell that for me what works is backwards dash elastic slam H or wait for the dive kick and do fatal buster low comoboing with the flams and dashing foward to comobo with inferno or bring him up to follow up.

I always play with my lovely “DBZ” team:

Goku=capt. America
Picolo=super skrull
Vegeta=wesker

All 3 are great but as skrull lacks defence, try to block low it totaly works for me, I dont know if is a frame issue or just luck but I can tell that if I do inferno next to hawk eye or task master I get pretty much the change of getting out of a combo.

I’ve been wondering, who do you guys blow xfc against nearly 100% of the time? Or would you rather save it for level 3 xfc? This thought occurrd to me after I played against a Spencer/wolv/Wes team. Spencer has ToDs, Wolv is a bad matchup (IMO) and wesker is dark wesker.

I play Tron on point. Why would I need to blow X-Factor to kill a character? :U

But yeah I usually save X-Factor for Dark Skrull.

TBH if ever wanted to use XF1 to kill someone and it worked, I usually send Skrull out since there’s no reason for him to be last anymore.

Been fighting my friendds skrull team its pretty scummy

Hulk, skrull wesker, hulk corner combo to skrull is geee geeee. Basic hulk combo in the corner wesker assist S J.H J.S bring the rocks up super to inferno does over 1mill.

even if i kill scrubby hulk Its dark wesker or super saiyan skrull >.<

fun times =p

Wondering about how to deal with Spencer. One Spencer was Straight zip-lining high and covering it with an assist, I think a Wolverine Bezerker Barrage or something for a lock down, and getting an ambigous crossup. I think the zip line was cutting off my meteor smash attempt.

I am wondering how to punish high zip line in general. I’ve been playing Dorm(Dark Hole)/Doom(Beam)/Skrull(Smite)

Haha you play the same team I do in reverse order except I use Tenderizer/Hidden Missiles/Dark Hole, anyways I’ve been having Spencer problems myself lately.

I used to have the same problem, but after playing that matchup extensively, I figured heres what you can do:

Chicken block and airthrow (easier said than done, especially online, I know :p).
You can also generally stick to the air (super jump) and fish for a skrull smash.
Or you can blow lvl1 xfc on spencer off a guard cancel.
If he’s using wolverine, you can tenderizerH cancel to inferno, or if it’s too late, skrull torch super. You’re bound to get a happy birthday.

The assist makes spencer really hard to hit out of the zip line but anytime he does it naked, be sure to punish. If your assist eats up his assist (eg Doom beam) then be ready to punish the zipline as well. He has a million health so be sure you plan a reset :stuck_out_tongue:

I use Skrull(orbital Grudge)/Dorm (Purification)/ Task(H.arrows) Now i noticed that not may use Dorm’s purification assist but that assist + taskmaster = a good keep away. specially vs. morrigans and joes.

I mix up skrull between point and anchor since lvl3 skrull gives instant kills. i find it quite predicatable. and on point along with those assist it grants control options.

Important Skrull moves:
Stone Dunk: This is good for OTG.
Orbital Grudge: The armor it provides is good for antirushdowns.
Elastic slam: Many times ppl don’t see this coming. Good on those who tend to approach by air and jump a lot. Like nova and spencer, Doom and Cap.
Brutal Pile Bunker: This move is good for rush downs. Also you can mind game airdashing and start charging then cancel to meteor smash.

I find skrulls worse matchups are those of characters with solid range on their normals Vergil, Dante, Wesker, Task, Zero. Going up head to head with this characters give me the most trouble. Since skrull normal have little range.

Dante : ive learned to rarely push block this guy and only key moments to keep him from properly mixing up. DON’T try to command grab H him, altough when he uses the Air guitar on you you might catch him. you’re gonna be playing a very risky guess. if he airdashes+ H forward you’ll get hit before active frames. The option i found when he does Airdash + H is orbital grudge. Other wise watch for his teleports, it’s pretty easy to know what to do next.

Vergil: Vergil’s range on his normals is ridicolous. Keep an eye on that AT ALL TIMES. if you miss a meteor smash he doesn’t need to dash in to punish, he can combo you from far. Again like teleport characters watch for those, EXCEPT his High Time teleport. If he does this move and you block. don’t try to punish the teleport. the block stun and push you get from this will put you out of range of your normals. If it’s not 1v1 this is a trouble some match. Best options are to switch and play someone who can match his range. Other wise you have to play a waiting game to look for those move that are good to punish. His normals when miss do put him in good position for elastic slam.

Wesker: I find this match up. Not so tough. Because Wesker is so used it’s a match up EVERYONE should know. So the game winner here is knowledge of the matchup for you. If wesker is at the other side of screen spaming Edge. Don’t try to meteor smash. Probably that’s what he wants. If edge hits you on block. Wesker has time to recover so don’t try anything after that. 1v1 wesker isn’t a bad match for skrull. Inferno is gonna save you from teleports. Again with he Vergil theory. Wesker’s normal have range. But push blocking him can set him up for a Elastic slam.

Nova and Spencer: this match up i treat it the same. Nova and Spencer are character that highly use airdash. Most match ups i play with Spencers and Novas start the same. START! Spencer/Nova jumps for airdash, My response is Elastic Slam H this works 70% of the time. the rest of the match is calm and control of him. Keep him from getting close and when he does, he’s gonna try to rush a lot since he finally got close. To this you simply wait for that punishable move or get away. if any of them tries to airdash back dash elastic slam H.

Wolverine: Since Wolverine is a very fast and rush down character. Dont play his game. Make his rush down be his undoing. Specially when dive kick and beserker slash. I usually Stone dunk or Brutal Pile Bunker over those moves and the occasional meteor smash since he’s trying to get close. if any of your moves cross him up most players dont react well to this and lose track of where to block. if you have characters that have range like. My team Dorm/Task i prefer to play a keep away game.

Task, Doom and Hawkeye and RR: Kill meteor smash so now you know WHAT NOT TO DO on this match up. in this match up you gotta be patinet though. with the exception of RR if any of these characters don’t have Bars. meteor smashing is a valid option when they use horizonal proyectiles. now these characters need their space. so elastic slam is a good options for those Normal jump + proyectile. and your normals can do the trick here. Many of these characters normals are punishable.

Morrigan = Lol nice try

Well that’s it for me on this post.

hmm… so couple of months later, i’m still getting bodied by zeroes. anyone have any reliable tech in dealing with him? it often becomes an ugly game of skrull and zero super jumping and dashing around, with me fishing for that stone dunk and occasional meteor smash, and him, his pizza cutter and lightning. zero teams are usually Zero-Dante-Vergil anyway, so Dante’s jam session makes it doubly hard to navigate the screen.

any tips? any assists that would be super effective (off the top of my head, maybe hidden missles?). i’m hoping you guys would have some solid tips :slight_smile:

This is the Matchup Thread. Post combos in the combo thread.

BTW, Missiles/Drones are by default the best assists for Skrull.

I personally hate Hawkeye & Vergil the most when I anchor Skrull. On point, I hate Wolvie & Zero

What about if the opponent is using Doom’s Missiles assist and have Magneto on point? I am having a little trouble getting in since the missiles stop the Meteor Smash.

if you cant meteor smash to get in then just dash and block. with enough patience you should get in eventually. and once you open someone up with skrull you should kill cus he does a lot of damage. or try to set up an elastic grab reset.

ive been using skrull since vanilla and im pretty good at punishing with air elastic slams…, i learned in training mode the diff. amount of jumps and dashes each character has and how long it takes them to fall to the ground after they super jump. have a friend play wolverine in training and spam dive kicks…, youll get the feel of the timing quickly. elastic is invincible through projectiles if it touches opponent 1st so get that timing downpacked with a beam ground assist to cover you. i use it on sentintels when they spam hyper sentinel force and if timed right it’ll catch em before the drones hit you. i use it to punish zero after he does his 2nd lightning dash when he is extremely vulnerable and cant block till he lands. if you execute enough of these youll have your opponent scared to jump, leaving him open for a rushdown assault.

what you need to look for against zero with skrull is when he airdashes foward at the top of his sj this is his most vunerable time and most characters can not effectively punish him at that height except for skrull strider and maybe dorm with purification m. just try to hit him with a meteor smash at that point if you miss time it and he blocks zero is usually too high up to punish plus you can always cancel into torch and get the fuck outta there. i have always had trouble vs x-23 but that might be me more than skrull, and team building around skrull? anchor is the most obvious but skrull has some flaws in his game play where he needs assists where you put him is all dependent on your play style because you dont have enough meter on point to fish with meteor smashes. i feel he needs a quick left right mixup faster than meteor smash since he doesnt really have high/lows so when i dont pick skrull on anchor ill choose him with either cap charging star or hulk gamma charge ground assist to give me that crossup by airdashing over the opponent then doing stone dunk connecting after the assist hits the opponent.
bad matchups for skrull short characters that completely avoid stone dunk when ducking or standing and characters with a double jump to avoid any elastic slam H attempts

and again if your first 2 characters just got trashed by incoming mixups from zero and you have skrull on anchor just inferno on the way in and xf so if you hit them you get a free tod off the hard knockdown if they block you get a free meteor smash mix up either left or right you can also torch and get out of the way too this catches alot of people off guard i feel just be weary of meaty attacks on the way in like the wesker jump loops. like i know im not going to be able to block zero so i might as well try and get an inferno off is the way i look at it

him vs wright, skrull will win almost all the time because wright can not use the shield or he’ll get grabbed