Combos and Gameplay Notes

When he flies through the air and whacks them with an overhead that looks like his jumping fierce, that’s the air raid.

dont know why it’s not here but you can do ST.HK, CR. MKxx H.rekka FADC ST.HK CR.MKxx rekka x3 352dmg/ 595 stun
you could also do whatever into H.rekka FADC ST.HP EX Knifes into ultra for upwards of 450

Wow this is awesome. I’m new to Street Fighter in general and this really helps. Videos would be nice as well

If you are going to be doing H.Patriot, you would probably be doing it off of a hit confirm, not just blindly. So if you know for a fact that your first or second hits hit and you’re going to do a Patriot, why burn that much meter for no gain? You would just do EX Patriot > Ultra for more damage and two less bars. You can do 520+ with one bar.

st.hk, cr.mk doesn’t seem to work on some characters. Mostly, I am having trouble getting it to combo at all on Poison. What’s worse, on ch it whiffs on poison completely.

Seems I can only hit confirm this off 1 Jab, not too useful but Ill put it in the starters section.

I got the Attack names mixed up, I thought you meant the wall dive. I did some testing with Air Raid, Block Ryu’s Uppercut

Air Raid, whilst Ryu is mashing uppercut. THe air raid doesn’t connect in time and you get anti air DP’d by the second one.

Didn’t think st.HK could be Linked after a Rekka FADC, will replace the less optimized version i have listed.

With that 3 Stock Ultra, I know I’ve already listed some borderline wasteful combos but I am trying to keep the combos as

relevant as possible, why use 3 stock for 450 Ultra Combo when you can use 1 stock for 475 or 2 Stock for Upwards of 500

Learn the generic metreless combo whatever xx rekkas
Learn the whatever into ex-rekka ultra1
Concentrate on the GAMEPLAY and not the combos for now.
When you feel you know how to play, learn the setups and then learn the ex-rekka resets into fancy stuff.

Videos I’ll do in a couple months time when I have more free time or not at all. Why watch a 20 min video when you can skim

some text in 5mins??

Wow thanks for testing this, I’ve only been using Ryu. In this case use cl.stMK linked to cr.MK or if you’re lazy and

willing to accept less damage just do cl.stFP xx whatever.

I’ll add this to the post.

Hello Rolento forums =)

I actually just picked up Rolento tonight and having mad fun with the rolling =)

Thought I’d contribute something: close s.HK and s.MK on Counter Hit -> Ultra 1 or 2 for fat damage~

Just wondering why you guys aren’t doing ex patriot into slide.

Edit : Just realized it’s character specific.
Works on DJ if that helps.

Also doing st.hk cr.mk patriot (1) fadc …
does more damage and stun than st.hk cr.mk patriot (1) patriot (2) fadc …
so I’d recommend that if you’re confident in your confirms and execution.

Not sure if slide after ex-patriot works on everyone(?).

After ex-patriot I usually do close st MK into low stinger (blocked) which gives you a good way to approach afterwards for a cr lk / throw / pogo / spike rod / etc. In corner you can substitute close st FP instead of close st MK.

It looks to be character specific. I got it to work on Cammy, Dudley, Seth, Gouken, Akuma, Sakura, Oni, Elena, Dhalsim, C.Viper, Sagat, Dee Jay, Cody, Poison, Guile, Zangief, Vega (Claw), Balrog (Boxer), Fei Long
T.Hawk, Adon and Rose

[quote=“Dragonfave723, post:28, topic:169272”]

[/quote]

Only a handful of those could be considered “BnB”. The jump in combos are not the combos anyone should be focusing on and they are punish only combos, and only on specific reversal timings or an obvious fireball attempt at a bad range. A “BnB” is also considered an optimized combo. Spending two or three bars to end up with 10 more damage (if that) compared to a single meter combo is definitely NOT a BnB either, it’s just a showoff combo that’s worthless in a real fight.

Admittedly, I was practicing on characters with slower reversals, because I already assumed it wouldn’t work against a 3f character. And it does work against some 4f reversals and especially 5f. You can however use the EX version as a punish against much of the cast if you want to spend the meter. It’s a lot faster than jumping in and can be done on reaction very easily to both a blocked or whiffed reversal as a punish.

Anyone wanna help me test (read: test for me) who else other than Poison can’t be hit by st.HK, cr.MK? EX Patriot to Slide randomly drops on Poison as well. Had turbo on just to make sure I wasn’t missing the input or something. Might wanna give that a look as well. If it’s only her it’s not that bad, but if it’s other people I might have to cry and run off to another character.

Also shoutouts to Capcom for not giving him a white Alt2. Kotaku probably woulda been called when he U2’d people.

Damn I tried to learn Rolento today and I can’t even do the 3 cr. lp consistently. Why is it so hard I can do 3 cr. lps in a row with other characters no problem

While it’s not necessarily hard, it’s harder than most because iirc his jabs have to be linked not chained.

So Elena can just randomly decide she doesn’t want to be hit by cr.MK after st.HK, something to do with her capoeira dance. She also randomly drops out of EX Patriot, Slide. Looks like that’s not a followup I’m going to pursue in the future, lol.

Decapre, Rolento and Hugo can be hit by st.HK, cr.MK but got hit 0 times of the 10 I tried each for EX Patriot to Slide. Definitely not gonna be using that. It’s a shame, I’d love a hard knockdown.

@SF09ers‌ You should be able to confirm off of 2 =p

Outside of blowing people up after stun, anybody figured out any uses for Super?

Pretty solid Anti Air to be honest.

What are you guys doing after you land a patriot circle? Staying in neutral, some sort of safe setup afterwards? Because i’m not finding too much.

Depends completely on 1) who I’m against and 2) where we are on the screen. Most times I’ll default to staying neutral at max s.HP range and knife and annoy them with s.HP. If I’m feeling really gutsy, I’ll try to bait a DP reversal where applicable. Against characters with terrible wake-up game, pogo shenanigans (be careful in the corner–you don’t wanna cross yourself up and get put in the corner and die).

I’ve been either doing Stinger or MDK MP or LP. I do Stinger for chip and MDK to bait throw or make it whiff and throw.