Combos and Gameplay Notes

Starters
Any combination of cr. LP or cr. LK up to 3 times linked into cr.MK (Strange Hit box characters like Boxer you’ll need to do 1 less

for cr.mk to link)
st.RH links to cr.MK (This Link does not work on some characters, namely Poison afaik in this case use cl.st.MK linked to cr.MK)
st.LP links to cl.stFP
j.MK, j.HP, j.RH lead into either of the above which will generally add 50-90 ish more damage after scaling

Character Specific Spreadsheet, maintained by Geronimo [Rolento Character-Specific Combos/Set-ups](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TikVku-

APG03kmLDSnCnj_Y7PTwfATPDMIWPMVEEVWQ/edit?usp=sharing)

Anywhere // No Metre // Notation Followed by Damage/Stun Values
cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.MK xx Rekka 210/290
cr.mk xx Rekka 200/235
st.RH, cr.MK xx Rekka 269/414

Anywhere // 1 Stock

cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.MK xx Ex-Rekka, st.RH 231/346
cr.mk xx Ex-Rekka, st.RH 245/330
st.RH, cr.MK xx Ex-Rekka, st.RH 293/488
st.HP xx Ex-Knife, cr.RH (Slide) 200/410 (You get a hard knockdown rather then a reset, For this to work you need to delay knife throwing to

make sure some knives miss. At the moment i get 1 of the ex-knives to hit, not sure if 2 is possible)

Anywhere // 2 Stock

cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.MK xx Rekka [1] FADC, st.RH, cr.mk xx Rekka [3] 254/352
cr.mk xx Rekka [1], FADC, st.RH, cr.mk xx Rekka [3] 303/450
cr.mk xx Ex-Knife Throw, Ex-Rekka, 235/306 (If you’re too close not all knives will hit and you’ll do less damage, but you can combo into

sweep)

st.RH, cr.MK xx Ex-Knife Throw, Ex-Rekka, 289/462
st.RH, cr.MK xx Rekka [1], FADC, st.RH, cr.mk xx Rekka [3] 352/595
stinger, st RH, cr.mk xx Rekka [1]FADC st.RH, crMK, xx Rekka [3] 353/574
FOCUS Stinger, st RH, cr.mk xx Rekka [1]FADC st.RH, crMK, xx Rekka [3] 379/591
FOCUS st RH, cr.mk xx Rekka [1]FADC st.RH, crMK, xx Rekka [3] 382/623
Red Focus, st RH, cr.mk xx Rekka [3] 408/510
Red Focus,Stinger, st RH, cr.mk xx Rekka [3] 415/503

Anywhere // 1 Stock Ultra 1

cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.MK xx Ex-Rekka, Ultra 1 349/246
cr.mk xx Ex-Rekka, Ultra 1 449/160
st.RH, cr.MK xx Ex-Rekka, Ultra 1 475/348

Anywhere // 2 Stock Ultra 1
cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.MK xx Ex-Knife Throw, Ex-Rekka, Ultra 1 382/321 (Does a little more in corner, ex-rekka hits 1 more time)
cr.mk xx Ex-Knife Throw, Ex-Rekka, Ultra 1 466/298 (Does alittle less if you’re further away, once again due to amount of ex-rekka hits or

Ultra Pre-Animation Hits)
st.RH, cr.MK xx Ex-Knife Throw, Ex-Rekka, Ultra 1 488/462 (More Damage In Corner also dependant on ex-rekka and pre-animation ultra, in the

corner this goes up to 507)

Anywhere // 3 Stock Ultra 1
st.RH, cr.MK xx Rekka [2], FADC, st.RH, cr.mk Ex-Rekka Ultra 1 420/554 (Less stun and less damage then some more metre efficient combos)

Corner // 1 Stock
cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mk xx Ex-Knife, Rekka 230/340 (less damage than anywhere combo)
st.MK xx Ex-Knife, Rekka 234/329
st.RH, cr.MK xx Ex-Knife Throw, Rekka, 294/487

Corner // 3 Stock Ultra 1
cr.LP,cr.LP, cr.MK xx ex-knives, ex-rekka, ex-rekka Ultra 1 409/362
cr.MK xx ex-knives, ex-rekka, ex-rekka Ultra 1 507/355
st.RH, cr.MK xx ex-knives, ex-rekka, ex-rekka Ultra 1 516/511

Counter Hit Combos //
st.RH (CH), Ultra 449/250
cl.st.MK (CH) , Ultra 424/125
cr.FP (CH), cr.mk xx Rekka (Don’t know how useable this is due to the start up for cr.FP and it needs to be done pretty much point blank)

Trick Rod // Counter Hit Combos (Overhead, Beats Lows and Throws)
Trick Rod (CH) cr.lp, cr.mk, xx rekka 267/352
Trick Rod (CH) cr.lp, cr.mk, xx EX-Rekka, st.RH 292/417
Trick Rod (CH) cr.lp, cr.mk, xx rekka[2], FADC, cr.MK xx rekka [3] 301/403
Trick Rod (CH) cr.lp, cr.mk, xx EX-Rekka, Ultra 1 447/297
Trick Rod (CH) cr.lp, cr.mk, xx Ex-Knife, Ex-Rekka, Ultra 1 449/402 (Corner Combo, some characters you maybe able to do mid screen but I

haven’t tested enough, on Ryu not all the ex-rekkas hit midscreen so you can’t combo further)

Normal Move Info:
Anti Airs
-st.MP (Fairly Universal, seems to work at any spacing)
-cl.st FP (Slightly worse, trade more often, opponent needs to be closer)
-U1 (Only really punishes far and poor jump ins from my experiences so far)
-ex-Rekka (Worse than cl.stFP but allows you to combo into Ultra 1)
-st.RH (bad, trades all the time)
-cr.MK (Low Profiles, doesnt hit opponent jumping)

Normal Moves Notes
	Lights
	-cr.jab is your longest light button
	-All your lght attacks do 30 damage
	Mediums
	-st MK is your longest medium button but not cancelable 
	-cr.MK is cancelable. does 5 less damage and is much shorter than st.MK
	Fierce
	-st.HK actually has less range than st.mk
	-st.FP is your longest poke here (2 Hits at medium, far range only does 50 damage due to only 1 hit, st.MK does 70 damage)
	-cr.FP is very long too but a bit shorter than st.FP (Hits for 100)
	-At this far range none of your moves are cancelable.
	Crossups
	-j.MK is your Go to along with Pogo stick play.
	-j.FP can crossup with specific spacing.
Air-to-Air
	- j.strong (Good All round Anti Air, multi hitting to defeat focus in air to ground or maybe even gouken air absorb)
	- j.Jab (Really fast and good range)
	- j. fierce (Hit box is a little decieving)

Throwing
	-Rolento can use st.lk for a desent kara throw.
Instant Over Head
	-j.RH
	-j.FP

Frame Traps
	Starting with your jabs, go into st.MK or st.RH. Both of these link into cr.MK, st.MK is obviously faster but less damage, 

st.RH can combo into cr.MK even on trade.

Special Move Info:
None of your movement skills build metre unless you do a follow up.
All of them build very little metre. Your best metre builder is knife throw.
Knife throw can be negative edged (hold when executing, let go for knife throw) or double tapped (tap once for jump and once

again for knife throw)

-Back Roll, Strength Level Controls how far you roll back, Follow up strength controls how far you jump attack. (Very Unsafe 

on block, but can be used whiffed for a throw or just to get in. Can also be used to go through fireballs but VERY hard due to the back tuck

required before hand.)
-Wall Jump, no noticeable differences between buttons used. Ex-Version Invincible on startup. But your opponent can simply

walk forward and punish, maybe usable if your opponent doesn;t know or is scared of your options.
-Back Tuck, Strength for Followup determines distance.
-Knife Throw, Strength determines angle and distance, not sure if punches and kicks have any difference. Ex- is 3 knives.

Fully Projectile Invincible until the apex of the jump part.
-Back Tuck (Mekong Delta PPP), This is very similar to Claws back flip, invincible on startup and for a quite abit afterwards,

i couldn’t dodge fireballs with this and its extremely punishable, do not advise use.

Unique Moves:
- fwd. MK (Trick Rod), stuffs lows, hits over head, can combo into light moves on counter hit.
- j.down MK (Spike Rod, Slows movement and can bounce forward or backwards) (Can be a Mixup tool, if you cross up you need to

hold what is now forward to cross back up to the other side.)
- KKK when landing (Trick Landing, Faster than Spike Rod, but you cannot change the direction you bounce, just continues your

current direction and you cannot attack midair with this)

Resets, Tricks, Mixups and Setups

Ex-Rekka Resets
Any Combo involving Ex-Rekka you can Substitute whatever ender you were going for (Typically st.RH which does the most damage and 

leaves you in range to threaten with st.FP) with a cr.LP (Anywhere on Screen) or cl.stHP (Corner) these 2 normals are cancelable into any of

your movement skills.
Mid-Screen Options Include
cr.lp xx backroll (Puts you further distance away than st.RH and no longer allows you to pressure but lets your opponent see

the roll for you to do different things next time.)
cr.lp xx backroll and attack (More Pressure/Can Crossup Sometimes)

cr.lp xx backtuck (PPP) Similar effect to the back roll
	cr.lp xx backtuck plus roll forward(LP) rolls you right infront of the opponent (should whiff) allowing yo to pressure or 

throw.

cr.lp xx walldive empty (Very unsafe, just like jumping at someone from full screen, to be used either never or for sure 

they’re scared to press buttons.
cr.lp xx walldive Spike Rod Backwards (Bait)
cr.lp xx walldive Spike Rod Forwards (Attack/Presure)

Corner-Options
	Any Normal Dash Sideswitch/Dash Under, Delay Dash to Stay on Same Side

Spike Rod
After an Ex Rekka you can reset with st.LP then immediately jump forward and spike rod. This spike rod is safe from mashed invincible 

moves of 5 frames or slower, 4 Frames like Guiles flash kick will trade or win, 3 frames you will lose. Delayed, EX or Well Timed Invincible

moves from 5frames or faster will win or trade (Sagat…) everytime. So be careful with this.

Setups
	Forward Throw
		delay jumping fierce (Some people time this with a jab or short, I time this by walking forward ever so slightly then 

jumping safe from Ryu’s DP from my testing)
Back Throw
Pause Dash Forward and Jump Forward Fierce
Sweep
Slight Pause n.Jump j.FP or j.RH
Super
Pause st.FP forward jumping round house.

Setup Notes
		All of these actually have the capability of being 3 Frame safe jumps as they require you to mentally add delays. You 

may also pause at different parts of the setup if its easier for you, for example back throw one you can pause after the jump instead of

before.
Ultra Selection:
-U1
Can combo from anywhere on screen using 1 stock or even 2stock in corner.
-U2
Does a little more damage than U1, seems to be fireball invincible, need to be 1 dash away from full screen for it to work.
You’ll need to do a red focus combo (3 stock) to realistically combo into this (most likely rekka stage 2 red focs dash U2)

because of this, does barely any more damage than U1 for so much more metre used.
U1 Also moves forward quite alot, so if you feel confident with your reads or reactions you may use U1’s generic invinciblity

to go through projectiles.
So far my opinion is U1 all the way except for match ups you feel you will have trouble with fireballs, even then you may want Ultra W rather

than U2.

Metre Usage
From the combos above you can see that the combos that use more than 1 stock can add as little as 3 extra damage to around the

vicinity of 30.
I’d suggest just doing metreless combos most of the time or 1 EX for some nice reset options and Ultra Combos. Obviously if you have

the metre to burn and you think the tiny extra bits from the EX Combos can finish the game, go for it.
I have seen Ex-Knife used outside of combos for Knock Down or maybe pressure.
Ex Mekong Delta Escape can be used to run away, but it is punishable if your opponent walks forwards or backwards to deal with you.

Notes:
There are more combos available but I’ve omitted them due to being less useful afaik.
Some characters with a wierd “Triangle Hitbox” eg. Boxer, you may have to do with 1 less light move for hit confirming.

Questions:
Do the knives give any advantage and how much?
What is frame datas??

Thanks a lot! I was waiting for this :smiley: now I’ll check all on training mode

His Mekong Delta (PPP) is invicible on startup, although it seems to end at the peak. It can completely avoid fireballs if you are at the opposite side of the screen (anywhere closer and you get hit once your i-frames wear off depending on the character specific fireball), but you could also just stinger or jump straight up. It also seems to be “okay” to escape jump in and crossup attempts. His Stinger toss is also projectile invicible until the peak of his jump (which is a very long ass time).

When adding an extra hit after the EX Patriot, doing either s.jab or cr.jab (character specific) allows you to do an instant Spike Rod, which stuffs the majority of non EX 4f or slower reversals.

I also think his Air Raid is better than a s.RH in most situations besides point blank when someone is rising. It also allows you to combo a st.RH. It’s similar to jumping in, but not exactly. It’s a lot easier to punish with and it’s also an overhead.

Am I crazy, or is it a tighter than normal timing to hit U1 after s.LP > s.LP > cr.MK > EX Patriot?

Might be character specific. I’m not having any particular issue with it, but I haven’t tried it on the entire cast yet.

cr.mk xx rekka FADC cl.mk xx lp. rekka
cr.mk xx rekka FADC cl.mp xx lp. rekka

Trick Rod (f+MK) is also an OH…and you can combo after it on CH (on crouch).

Trick Rod (CH), lp, cr.mk xx rekka (267 dmg)
Trick Rod (CH), lp, cr.mk xx ex-rekka xx Ultra 1 (458/405 dmg)
Trick Rod (CH), lp, lp, hk (212 dmg)
Trick Rod (CH), lp, cr.mk xx ex-knives xx ex-rekka (284 dmg) (293 dmg in corner)

This is everything I’ve found out of it, andevery combo listed was used against ryu (standing and crouching).

Thanks guys, I’ll test these and update thread.

Thanks, will add this in.

Mekong Delta is like Claw Backflip, terrible fullstop, you could prolly just like claw predict a DP and be full yolo or to avoid end of game chip but anything else you will get OS sweeped

or worse depending on matchup.

Will Add that Stinger Projectile invincibility into post thanks.

I had a tricks and reset section I failed to paste in, will add this later on when I clean up my informal notes.

Mekong Delta Air Raid from my testing on a Ryu dummy seems to be worse than a Jump in or neutral Jump as you land too far to connect much else afterwards. Unless we’re mis-communicating

here.

Thanks, can’t believe I didn’t think of this will add Rekka FADC combos in.

Thanks I’ll add Trick Rod combos with their stun values in.

One thing I want to mention is Cl.hp to Rekka is 225, I’d use that to punish like Fei. I have a hard time doing St. Rh to Cr. Mk to Rekka

Not sure if it’s posted yet but something useful after a cross up:

Crouching light kick, standing light punch, standing medium punch, 3x spinning

Poke combo input requires tight timing with this character.

Also, cl.s.hp links off of cl.s.lp.

It is much better than a jumping attack on almost any reversal, whiffed or blocked attempt. You do it at reversal speed and it comes out faster than what you could do via jumping. How often do you see people jumping in off of a blocked reversal? The air raid puts you literally point blank on the opponent, so I don’t know what you mean by landing too far to connect anything afterwards. Are you thinking of the ground roll that leads to nothing?

You might also not be using the correct raid, off of fierce raid (not the roll) i’ve been able to go into a full punish combo of roundhouse, crouch forward rekka’s

I didn’t realize that the punch you hit after the roll (whatever distance) changed your trajectory. I thought the only deciding factor was the punch you hit for the roll and after that, any punch does the same thing.

I always use light roll into strong/fierce raid, i dont have the frame data on me but the fierce one has slightly longer start-up imo but i could be wrong

yea off of air raid you can connect ultra 2 for free, so you can do cross up air raid shennanigains into U2 its amazing. I think u2 has 7 frame startup and then the air raid or the roll its plus 11 on hit. Loving this character right now!

Im sorry i mean qcb p and the punch follow up not air raid, unless thats the name for it.

A fun combo off Focus Attack backdash is

Focus Attack, Backdash - HK Stinger, cr. HK

Useful if you don’t want to commit to the forward dash