Cobra Kai - new Karate Kid sequel series, coming to YouTube Red

“That’s just an illegal I picked up this morning. He’s helping me set up.” :laughing: Johnny’s such a dick. LOL!!

first 2 eps was straight up godlike. seriously thinking about getting red to finish this season

I got red because of the 30 day free thing. This show is a 10 star for me.

What I like about Johnny is that he reminds me of me. The way he is, teaching his students to be real men is the same thing i’ve been doing here since the beginning. The only difference is that I never lost a tournament, in which can be translated to the religion threads here.

Anyway, i’m in ep8… and every episode gets better.

2 Likes

Welp… youtube red not available in the UK… torrent and streaming it is then.

I guess they don’t like uk money or something else dumb?

2 Likes

I watched up to episode 8. This show is fucking awesome. Lawrence is the teacher this current generation needs.

3 Likes

I have to say I’m really surprised to hear all of the positive responses. The trailer looked so cheesy. I might have to check this out now.

Honestly, there is a lot of cheesy editing, it does feel like it’s a budget show, but it’s surprisingly endearing

Yall niggas need to watch Cobra Kai. Shit had no business being that damn good. They did a great job of balancing nostalgia, while filling in parts of the old story. The new elements they added don’t feel too invasive and like they’re shitting on Pat Morita’s legacy unlike that Jaden Smith piece of shit movie. Must watch if you’re a fan.

If you’re like me hopefully you still have your free Youtube RED trial, since I know you niggas haven’t watched anything on there. Right? :thinking:

2 Likes

I can’t stop watching and rewatching this.

the middle episodes arc and climax are so good.

It has a little something for everyone.

I like how the series kept the continuity of the three movies intact. I thought the third movie was gonna get retconned out until I heard Terry Silver’s name.

oh its cheesy but in all the absolutely right ways. from the music to the choreo to the acting…its doing it in just perfect way where its not going overboard.

1 Like

Yeah I’m stunned that they brought up Karate Kid 3 (and technically 2 as well). No stone left unturned.

johnny having to rent out to a yoga studio is the most karate school thing ever lmfao…that shit has happened to two schools ive worked at.

Were there any callbacks to the Hillary Swank Karate Kid? I might’ve missed it binging through the episodes.

I forgot that even existed lol

1 Like

Hillary Swank’s character wasn’t brought up at all. Unless Swank herself makes a cameo in a future season I doubt she will.

2 Likes

Have they announced future seasons? Because we really need future seasons.

2 Likes

The creators said that they do envision it as having more than one season. They also want to bring Martin Kove and Thomas Ian Griffin in as Kreese and Silver.

Well I mean…

Summary

They already got Kreese back, so that’s one down pretty easily. Idk what part Silver would have to play in things though.