Chun Li Tech/Frame Data Thread: ICPO Cyber Security *3/7 Update*

Anyone know what Chun EX legs is on block? Guide frame data says -2 , Gilley direct feed from game source frame data says -3.

I think it’s -2 on block

I’m pretty sure instant air MK legs are 0 on block. I recorded a Chun pressing cr.lp after blocking, and iirc it was trading with my own Chun’s cr.lp. I tested it yesterday, so my memory could be deceiving me, but I’m pretty sure it’s 0 on block.

The good news is that Chun has a 3f jab, and only four other characters (Cammy, Karin, Mika, Necalli) have a 3f jab as well. Against other characters they shouldn’t be able to interrupt you without invincibility if you cr.lp after instant air legs.

I recorded it too and I got beat clean 100% of the time. You sure you doing it as low to the ground as you can?

If you do it right it is +1 for sure. Remember the motion is 23692+MK.

Hmm okay I’ll try again when I get the chance, I use a 236963 motion, I didn’t think the 2 was necessary.

Good to know its possible to get +1 though, that definitely seems worth getting down.

It’s definitely -2 on block. If you try to punish it with a 3f DP on reversal timing, it won’t work.

Yeah I remember Gilley or Killey (can’t remember which one LOL) saying they could 3 frame DP it but I tried every 3 frame thing in training mode and couldn’t do it. You basically just give up your turn at worst and it’s safe to just throw out there when you want panic damage instead of a confirm.

Just be aware that people can still punish it, if they have the meter for it. Zangief’s Super is pretty obvious. Also, Cammy for instance can Vcounter it and then punish you with a super. I’m sure not many characters have answers for it, and at worst you’re -2 in your opponents face (which is already pretty bad tbh). But it’s good to at least know that some characters might have an answer for it, so you’re not always ‘safe’.

I feel her air throw is really good as well if you can react fast enough.

Yeah there’s always exceptions. I’m used to that in Marvel 3 where there’s always a 1 percent exception to a 99 percent guaranteed thing. For the most part its safe though. Can pretty much equate it to “be more careful when certain people have super.”

Also fang, nash, and Rashid can likely v reversal it into a combo. I’ve seen fang do it but his v reversal seems a bit faster.

What would be the best way to block/handle Rashid’s tornado and his subsequent approach afterwards?

s.mp was 4 frames before right? Gilley release data has it listed as 5 frames now.

Always been 5. The only 4f medium is Ken’s b. Mp.

That means the start up for s.mp was listed wrong during the entire beta

So this spreadshit has all the frama data very neatly organized, but Im not sure if its accurate.
It lists Chun’s super as being 5 frame startup just like EX lightning legs, but I can link ex legs from a f.RH while I cant do it with super.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1976rt8B91PqVCeYJAmcnW1uwVJ0H03QJtV-dJC5ohL8/htmlview?sle=true#

EDIT: NVMD! Super does link after a non CH f.HK!

I feel like this was already discussed in the beta stages, but it’s important enough to bring back up.

https://youtu.be/XZq0WA33X28

That was just an example knockdown, it works off any.
It’s neutral on block and also works against Necalli’s HP DP (which is his only fully invincible meterless reversal).

After air throw if you do f. HK as fast as possible it is a perfect meaty to quick rise making it +2 on block and +6 on hit. Can get st. MP, cr. MK, MK sbk on hit for major damage 275 meterless.

I noticed that you had to land f+HK at pretty much max range for it to link into super on non CH.