Chun Li Tech/Frame Data Thread: ICPO Cyber Security *3/7 Update*

want tech? Japan got you fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud0tNYoFFo0

…wow!

Really sick find. This is nuts!

I was about to post that. Really fantastic video that clearly demonstrates a lot of Chun’s strengths. Probably the best tech video I’ve seen for any character as of right now.

So is late cancel cr.hp a known thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08u2aTHMmrA&feature=youtu.be

A good way of practicing the cr.mk late cancel for the st mp, cr mk xx SBK combo is to practice the combo in v trigger. You can use the second hit of cr mk in v trigger as a queue as when to cancel to SBK. The second hit of cr mk in VT is actually close to if not identical to the cancel timing of cr.mk in non VT mode, so if you practice this way, it should help.

Also, max range st.hk CC xx VT, dash cr.hp xx lk legs combos from any distance. Allows for max damage combo (st hk CC xx VT, dash up cr hp xx lk legs, cr.lp, cr.mk xx mk SBK)Thing is, this poke doesn’t hit crouchers but is likely useful in a footsie battle with st.hk as you can confirm the CC fairly easily and the window is lenient.

If your V meter happens to be one CC away from full, you can fish with st.hk xx VT OS, as a succesful CC will give you V trigger, and anything else wont. This is an old option select from 3s afaik (DED OS)

From reddit

Ah, so this is why I’ve been getting regular sbk while attempting some combos even when I use the 3k button. If you have charge for regular but not ex, regular will come out even if you press 3k.

What are the anti-airs that Chun Li can use? I keep losing to jump-ins and I want to be able to defend better

s.lk, b.hk, ex sbk, air throw

Get used to only using st.hk and ex SBK. They do more damage. Only use st.lk if you want to crossup. It’s good to mix up your AA’s if you can.

b.hk is a guess in a lot of ranges and not particularly blessed in terms of hitbox.

Interesting discovery i made while messing around in training mode.

F. HK will combo with cr.lp without a counter hit and without being in vtrigger at a very specific range. If you F.hk too close it will not combo, if you do it too far the cr.lp will whiff, But if you hit it at a sweet spot just inside of whiffing the cr.lp. It will combo which can be lk.legs into CA, or light SBK.

Standing AA buttons: s.LK, b+HK, f/b+MP, b+HP, s.HK (good vs the bigs like Gief/Birdie), EX SBK. b+HP is really underused vs some farther jump ins.

Jumping AA’s: Air throw, neutral jump HK, j.MP (counter hit or v trigger j.MP gives you stomp combos at right height/spacing). Air throws have almost no height restriction now and do 200 stun so go HAM with those.

Make sure to use your jumping AA’s also. Don’t just sit on the ground like a vegetable.

Yeah optimizing her anti-air game is probably going to be the hardest part of learning Chun. Except against Gief. Mash that st. RH … MASH IT.

Yeah she’s reverted back to having to memorize a bunch of things to AA with. When in doubt I just b+HP, neutral jump HK or air throw.

Thats why you zone to stay in bhk range. Lol… You arent just seeing jump and then AAing accordingly. You walk in and out inside bhk range, especially when expecting a jump from the opponent.

The AA shimmy… Everyone does it, and chun can do it better than almost any other character because of the speed of her walk.

If the oppone t is trying to make bhk wiff, its extremely obvious most of the time.

I’ve found that st. LK is ridiculous as an AA and is typically the range where you want to stand as Chun anyway. Any deep jump ins b+HK is probably better.

Any jump ins outside of st. LK range can be anti-aired with forward/back+MP or st. MK, but those jump ins are so far out that you can typically just block it as they can’t really pressure much outside of it.

st.lk is also good because you can react really late with it and it still beats the fuck out of most if not all jumpins. perfect for my weak (FOR NOW) reactions

J.Mp cancels into air llegs. That combo also deals decent damage/stun for an AA option and doesn’t require VT or meter.

Yo! Is anyone else using mk IALL? I’m sitting in training mode and I’m sure it’s positive on block. It can lead to some nasty stuff if I’m not just doing it wrong.