Chun Li Combo Thread: Showing Off Her Kung Fu

This thread will be reserved for posting Chun Li’s combos. Her hit confirms, punishes, character specific stuff, juggles, corner exclusive, etc can all be found here.

Credit to @otori

COMBOS (credit to @otori )

Confirms: cr.lp, s.mp, cr.mk xx HK legs/MK SBK [198/322] [215/380]
cr.lp, cr.lp, s.lp xx HK Legs/LK SBK [146/273] [146/331]

Punish: cr.hp xx LK Legs, cr.lp xx LK SBK [232/370]

V-Skill: V-skill, headstomps x3, EX Legs [248/302] --> [1 bar = 30 damage/50 stun]
[corner only] b.hp xx EX Kikouken, cr.mk xx MK SBK [321/460] --> [1 bar = ~90 damage/90 stun]

s.hk CC: s.hk CC, dash, s.mp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [303/490]

b.HP CC: b.hp CC, HK Legs [216/288]

==========================
V-TRIGGER (credit to @otori )

VTC combo: s.hp VTC cr.hp xx LK Legs, cr.lp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [304/458]
s.hk CC VTC (slight walkf forward) cr.hp xx LK Legs, cr.lp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [332/488]

V-trigger overhead: VT df.mk, cr.lp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [262/369]
V-trigger f.hk: VT f.hk, cr.lp, s.mp, cr.mk xx HK legs [304/435]
[crouch] VT f.hk, cr.lp xx LK legs, cr.lp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [316/476]

V-trigger punish: V-Skill, headstomps x3, j.hp, IA HK Legs [319/344]
V-trigger CC punish: f.hk (CH), s.mp, cr.hp xx HK SBK [347/490]

V-trigger Air juggles(credit to @CharmingRogue)
j.mk (air to air), j.mp xx heavy.legs [238/286]
j.mk (air to air), st.mp, cr.hp xx heavy.legs [244/326]
j.mk (air to air), 3x stomps xx heavy.legs [288/316]
j.mk (air to air), 2x stomps, fall down, j.hp (as you’re falling down), heavy.IALL [314/379]
j.mk (air to air), st.mp, st.hp, super (don’t cancel hp) [456/310]

b+hk, cr.hp xx heavy.legs [196/288] (tip: If you get 2 hits on the b+hk you have to do the cr.hp as early as possible in order for the heavy legs to connect)
b+hk (1 hit), 2x stomps, fall down, j.hp (as you’re falling down), heavy.IALL [309/429]
b+hk, st.hp, super (don’t cancel, cancelling makes it inconsistent) [434/285]

1 Like

COMBOS

Confirms: cr.lp, s.mp, cr.mk xx HK legs/MK SBK [198/322] [215/380]
cr.lp, cr.lp, s.lp xx HK Legs/LK SBK [146/273] [146/331]
Punish: cr.hp xx LK Legs, cr.lp xx LK SBK [232/370]
V-skill, headstomps x3, EX Legs [263/320] --> [1 bar = 30 damage/50 stun]
[corner only] b.hp xx EX Kikouken, cr.mk xx MK SBK [321/460] --> [1 bar = ~90 damage/90 stun]
s.hk CC: s.hk CC, dash, s.mp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [303/490]
b.HP CC: b.hp CC, HK Legs [216/288]

V-TRIGGER

VTC combo: s.hp VTC cr.hp xx LK Legs, cr.lp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [304/458]
s.hk CC VTC (slight walkf forward) cr.hp xx LK Legs, cr.lp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [332/488]

V-trigger overhead: VT df.mk, cr.lp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [262/369]
V-trigger f.hk: VT f.hk, cr.lp, s.mp, cr.mk xx HK legs [304/435]
[crouch] VT f.hk, cr.lp xx LK legs, cr.lp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [326/476]

V-trigger punish: V-Skill, headstomps x3, j.hp, IA HK Legs [319/344]
V-trigger CC punish: f.hk (CH), s.mp, cr.hp xx HK SBK [347/490]

Opening post updated and credit given. Be sure to tag my name when you have updates @otori

Just noticed the f.hk v-trigger combo isn’t optimal since it’s ending on HK legs instead of MK SBK.

Some combo stuff (unsure if optimal/meter worth), credits to @Mienaikage

Doesn’t ending a combo with hk legs do more damage than mk sbk @otori ?

No it’s 20-30 less damage and much worse corner carry and no knockdown

I think this thread is a great idea and good on you guys for getting info up there but I believe it might be a bit premature to start filling it in with beta combos. I mean no doubt some/most/all/who-knows of these combos will still apply at launch but there might be better/worse/different ones that we can do and the damage/stun values could change. Do you really want to have to go back and change it all in a week?

Again though, I’m not disparaging anybody or their contribution to this thread, I’m just saying that things have the potential to change in a week and you might be making more work for yourselves.

Either way, good on you.

Fair! I’ll wait till launch to start updating officially. Will take combos down. @otori holla with the updated combos next week!

Ah shit. Now I feel like an asshole. I didn’t mean for you to undo all your work there, buddy. Don’t let me stop you guys from putting up beta combos as much as you want. You can always edit them later if the extra work doesn’t bother you. Just ignore my comment above and go nuts. Half the time I probably don’t even know what the hell I’m talking about anyway.

Noo, I just copied and pasted Otori’s stuff. No real work on my end, and I’m pretty sure come next week he’ll just have to edit the the damage dealt if that. No worries.

For this combo in particular, how do you get enough charge for SBK after the s.mp? I try to hold down as soon as I input the s.mp, but I never seem to get enough charge.

Edit: I just managed to do it a couple of times, but can’t do it consistently. I honestly don’t know how I’m doing it either XD

not sure how big of a deal it is but I can get s.lp s.mp xx HK legs, its only 180/256 though, but it is a light confirm

all the combos from this thread i’ve tried work so far though, so thats good

EDIT: I had a brain fart about damage scaling but thought I had some BIG DISCOVERY, carry on

@VersatileBJN007 combos are up I think

This is the question that gets repeated the most. It’s compiled in one of the pinned threads: Chun Li Tech/Frame Data Thread: ICPO Cyber Security *3/7 Update*

Cool. Combo thread updated brehs.

So what’s the best meterless dp punish and best dp punish with VT already active?

That’s in the OP…

s.hk CC, dash, s.mp, cr.mk xx MK SBK [303/490]
f.hk (CH), s.mp, cr.hp xx HK SBK [347/490]

Good working list so far. Would like to see more possibilities w/r/t maximum punish combos using 1 ex bar, 2 ex bars, 3 ex bars (without vtrigger, and with). The more comprehensive, the better.

For instance, I’d like to know what the best punish is if I have two ex bars and I have v-trigger ready to pop. Is the damage worth using v-trigger in this situation or is it negligible enough to save it for later? Those are the kinds of questions that we should start to begin to answer.

If someone can come up with a good format I’d be glad to help fill it.

What does the CC meen?

Land it on counter hit for crush counter.