Chaos Breaker (by Eolith) coming to PSN!

White people love fantasy realm stuff. See Warhammer, WoW, LOTR, etc etc.
That world + fighting game = brain explosion. They should’ve tried to tag on a Warhammer or WoW license on this game when it was new, i’m sure it would’ve sold millions

I love Choas Breaker. Glad this is coming home.

Now if only Choas Code would get released on console…lol

WHOA!!!

Now that news was totally random :wow:

I was thinking that I will never get the chance to play that beautiful looking fighter!

Damn, now I gotta get a PS3 now!

They should release it for both systems, that would be great!

I have to admit- After watching an hour of tournament footage I’m starting to get hyped.
The Tolkienian fantasy theme may be cliché for other game genres, but as a fighting game it looks very original and refreshing, considering the genre is ruled by generic animu designs.

It also plays old-school like street fighter, which is also a rare sight in 2D FG nowadays (besides SF that is)
The item system also seems cool, and from the footage I’ve seen the infinites don’t seem to be easy to hit with at all.
I think I’ll buy a JPN PSN card soon…

It’s funny because it’s true. Now I can’t go swimming this summer :xeye:

But seriously, this is so crazy out of the blue… I never ever thought we’d get to play this game, and certainly not with online. I mean, holy crap. :pray: :pray:
So fucking glad I have a PS3 right now, and that PSN isn’t region locked(right?)

Edit: This completely makes up for the 360 getting SNK games, UMK3 with online and Senko 2.

What makes me not find this too convincing is that Marvel 2 exists. Except Marvel looks more manly going by the admittedly few match videos I’ve seen. Maybe I’m missing something or something… :V

your missing way too much, marvel looks manly? where your from all men wear tight gay latex suits? good to know, where you be from?

lets hope the 360 doesnt get this shit, we aint getting no snk luv, let us at least have some eolith luv for ourselves.

There’s no region lock.

Dude play more games ok. This game looks cool for when it was made and no one, I mean no one on this site has had a chance to play it for weeks on end. Now they will. If they play marvel also I will add them as well for that game. This games system (Chaos Breakers system, not the PS3) has much to offer someone who plays a lot of fighters and enjoys fighters in general.

People should play the games that strike the iron to make them want to learn more about it. I just so happen to think the cast is fresh and new and the way they move is something really really cool. Kinda like TvC!!

My bad for bad word usage. I meant manly in that marvel is twice the speed, there’s like quadruple the threats on the screen, and every hit can lead into a fifty percent plus damage infinite loop into super if you’re lucky.

Also, you best not dog meh X-men, ya heard me? >:(

I play ST, Marvel, VS, and GGAC just counting fighters. But anyway, I admit that I’m basing this on several tournament match vids on youtube, so if the game turns out to be better than what I’ve seen than more to it I guess.

OMG, I did not expect to read about this today. We can finally play Chaos Breaker! If this is only for Japanese PSN, I’ll have to get some Japanese PSN cards when it gets out.

I started to edit and upload tournament footage to my channel

Wow, why have I never heard of this game before. It looks great with smooth animations with solid game mechanics. I’ll be keeping an eye on this one.

After watching this and some other footage I found, I’m definitely interested in this. Nsidor, Mara, and Troll look bad ass.

I’m curious about the item system. Anyone have any info on how that stuff works? I assume it’s just an input to use it and you can only do it once per round/character. What kind of buffs can you get from the items?

The item system from what I have seen is really deep. Most Items you can use a total of 3 times per round and you get another one when you win/lose a round. A+B and B+C call your partners and C+D uses your items. There are also some weird stone type items on the bottom left part of the item select. Mutation stone (Very bottom on the right) and the stone to the left of it both seem to work different from the rest of the items. They give you a different item based on the order of the people selected.

Kinda like this: If your team was Sandra,Orc and Evetta you get get different items for the order you touch them in (not at the actual player select screen but there is another CvS style screen after you select your players)

You can not call an assist if that player is dead also it seems. None of the vids show alot of assist calls because it takes a super bar to do it. You also gain an extra super for the item you have chosen. Power up are all kinds of shit tho, from extra projectiles, to shields, to just defense and attack and special boosts.

here’s the Japanese wiki
http://chaos.versus.jp/

i also put up some vids on my channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/FourAreFive

That one vid where Sandra almost OCVs is sick.

For those going to E3, any chance you can ask Namco for realsing Chaos Breaker to EU and US PSN?

Hmm, why wouldn’t they release it worldwide? Makes no sense to limit their market to Japan only. Anyway, any chance I get I’ll be picking this game up! Looks like an extremely deep game tbh. I’ve watched the trf vids from playtowin and 4r5 and I’m just luvin it… Dark awake can’t come soon enough! I think the biggest issue for me personally will be to find people to play it with, living in Sweden and all, hopefully some more europeans besides me will pick it up though ;).

I’ll be stressing people on my psn list to get the game if it shapes up to be something that I enjoy!

I learned about this from the videos that tataki put up–thanks again for that tataki.

It looks…interesting, even if I have little idea what’s going on half of the time, I generally refuse to “get hype” for anything and the clashing system looks way too lenient. Speaking of the clashing system, I’m kind of surprised that I didn’t see people run away more often like that Nagar (snicker) toward the end of the videos (in p8 or p9, I forget). Then again, Nagar (snicker) looks pretty buff.

Does anyone know what the items do? Still remember at least the most basic elements of Japanese, so finding the item page on the Wiki only took like a second. I’d just like to know what the hell it says, especially since people seem keen on using Mutation Stone when it doesn’t seem to anything special compared to picking the item it mutates into. I had thought, originally, that it gave you three uses of any item, even ones that were only one-use per round, such as Medal of Strength, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. It also seems entirely random since there was a team of Ramoa, Nagar (snicker) and Curse Head on each side and they picked the same order yet got different items.

So…yeah.

The super that comes with the Shining Bow item seems pretty damn buff, as evidenced in the very last match of part 9.