Changes for Morrigan in UMvC3

Yes it’s usable in air(which is why I said it uses the L Soul Fist arcs), and yes you can flight cancel it. Using normal flight fireball cancel timing will clip off the start up before she can even get through a quarter of the animation though. Like I said, the only nerf I thought I noticed, Seth couldn’t confirm, so I don’t know if I was just playing terribly in the environment, or if what I thought was there was actually there. My main disappointment with meter fist is that it’s too slow to combo into.

Calling assists against Astral Vision will basically be meter suicide though, so there is that. She might actually benefit from assists now more herself, since you might be able to use something like Unibeam/Dark Hole to combo into it, or protect you as you dash into a ground combo with one in the air so it lands mid combo. I don’t think it’s a wholly useless move, it’s just not immediately very useful.

I tried her out a few times at Evo. I don’t know if it was me or not, but I couldn’t cancel into finishing shower from Shadow blade. I was trying to do the corner loop of shadow blade-finishing shower-shadow blade finishing shower and I could not get it to cancel once. Can any of you confirm that you got it to work?

I had no issues with canceling Shadow Blade to FS at all.

OP updated. Thanks for the info.

Ah. It was just my execution being sloppy. Glad to hear that.

AWESOME, thanks for passing morrigan info in.

Didn’t she have some interesting things like this in Tatsunoko?

Having new tools to play with never hurts.

You typically wouldn’t want to lead in front of her fireballs in TvC because they disappear when she gets hit in that game.

I think Morrigan really needs her dive kick drill:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoteTbVeTCw (0:24)

She had this move in MvC2, and I think it would add a much-needed way for her to diversify her aerial approaches. Ideally, it OTGs like in the original games as well. That plus lowering her minimum air dash height requirement would make her a much stronger character, assuming Capcom is not willing to give her a ground dash a la MvC1. Ideally, she can air dash at the height she reaches when doing her ground Soul Fist fly-cancel loop.

I also wish she had her low blade sweep; it’s a cool looking move.

All it does in the original games is OTG, it’s her pursuit attack, you can only do it when they’re down, and if they, it doesn’t hit. Still, it would be nice to have here, since it would likely be fast enough to take advantage of hard knockdowns along with an assist for combo extension.

Well, in MvC2 she has it as a sort of “dive kick”, but AFAIK there was no follow-up. I would like it in that form, with the added OTG property.

As it is, I really don’t think Morrigan’s changes will amount to much.

Yeah, that is her pursuit move. I am pretty sure the entire cast had some form of it. It would be nice if all of the Darkstalkers characters in MvC3 were given those moves back in order to cap off a combo with extra damage, or extend combos when combined with an assist, since it is unique to their series.

**Maximillian posted some footage of “Meter Fist” being used at Evo. It’s at the 2:21 mark. (link timestamped for convenience) **[FONT=Tahoma]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9z-UrRYGK8&t=2m21s[/FONT]

Heh. When I first saw that I thought she was doing a double jump out of the dash and almost edited it into the OP until I realized that it was just the start-up of that move.

Huh, I didn’t notice the bat while playing. Just the sparks that it brings back. Told you it was slow.

Before anyone sees the new video and goes durability crazy like the front page, Doom’s rocks are already launched by the time the meter fist hits them. That’s 4 projectiles at 1 each, Soul Fist already has 5 points. That would happen right now.

Not a gameplay question, but does anyone know what her new costume colors are?

Nope, she had 2 existing ones in the SDCC build.

My Vanilla team of Hulk, Ammy, and Morry just got better. I hope ppl like J.Wong and Floe keep their hands off this team.:smiley: I’m starting to like the taste of vanilla.

True, but it depends on the DHC. i use round harvest to come up to SJ height for a follow up. and for real, since it’s called “finishing shower”, i use it just for that. to finish someone. since you land quicker, if someone’s falling straight after that with no air dash or teleport, you can uppercut xx finishing shower or XF, uppercut xx finishing shower to chip them to death. oh wait, since there’s air XF, you can do two in a row on the problem characters. wesker is my #1 problem so yep.