CEVO - XBL SF4 Tourney! - Starts 4/6/09 - Free Reg, Cash Prizes!

CEVO LLC (CYBER EVOLUTION) is very excited to announce the opening of the first CEVO Street Fighter 4 XBOX 360 Live Tournament. This online event is completely free to enter and will feature $500.00 in cash prizes.

The Street Fighter 4 XBOX 360 Live Tournament is a double elimination online event for gamers in the XBOX 360 community. The format of the tournament will be 1 v 1. Registration for the tournament will open on Thursday, March 5th at midnight and remain open until midnight Sunday, April 5th. First round matches will be scheduled April 6th after 11:01 PM CDT time and the deadline for first round matches will be April 9th.

PRIZES:

1st: $250.00
2nd: $150.00
3rd: $100.00

BRACKETS:
To Be Announced

RULES:

Game Play Match Start Times
Players should ensure that they are ready to play fifteen (15) minutes prior to the agreed upon time. After fifteen (15) minutes have passed, both players must be connected to the agreed upon host.

Match Guidelines and Information

Match Hosting
A host MUST be agreed on by both players and MUST fall within the PING IMBALANCE RULE. You may test both hosts until the best one has been determined. The host MUST be one of the players participating in the match.

• Standard Hosting Policy: The player who has the BEST CONNECTION will be considered the HOST.

• Optional Hosting Policy: If one (1) of the players has an excellent connection both players ping fairly to, they may agree to use that host for the duration of the match.

Match Format
BEST OF THREE (3) FORMAT (Regular Bracket Play)
Each match of tournament play will be played in a best of (3) three format. In a best of three (3) format, the first player to win (2) two matches will be considered the winner of the match. If by any chance there would to be a tie (Double KO) then an elimination match MUST be played to determine the winner.

BEST OF FIVE (5) FORMAT (Tournament Finals Bracket Play)
All tournament final bracket matches will be played in a best of (5) five format. In a best of five (5) format, the first player to win (3) three matches will be considered the winner of the match. If by any chance there would to be a tie (Double KO) then an elimination match MUST be played to determine the winner.

BEST OF FIVE (5) FORMAT (Tournament Grand Championship Final)
The Grand Finals matche will be played in a best of (5) five format. In a best of five (5) format, the first player to win (3) three matches will be considered the winner of the match. If by any chance there would to be a tie (Double KO) then an elimination match MUST be played to determine the winner

Match Breaks
There are NO match breaks allowed in between rounds.

Game / Option Settings

• Players: 1 vs. 1
  • Round Time: 99 secs
  • Rounds: 2 Rounds
  • Handicap: OFF
  • Characters: ALL Characters are allowed
  • Round Winners: MUST keep their character, Match Losers MAY change characters if they choose
  • Starting a game with the wrong rules or settings will result in a forfeiture of the current stage for the host team

Stages
All stages are ALLOWED

TO CREATE A TEAM NOW, LOGIN TO YOUR CEVO USER NAME AND FOLLOW THIS LINK:

http://www.cevo.com/index.php?page=account&func=createteam

I am the Admin for this tournament, so if you guys have any questions, ask away :smiley:

All you can do right now till after March 5th is Create your team. Reg. will open March 5th

75+ people guys, lets keep em comin :smiley:

lol smash bros

Just tried to register to no avail. What’s up?

Unknown error occurred while joining event. Event not joined. (group: 1043)

Just keep trying

Put a join password for your team and that might fix the problem

96 people and counting, Keep it up! :smiley:

What do you mean by create a team is this tourney a team or singles, sorry im a bit confused…

^ Yeah same I don’t get it.

^
^
double ditto explantion please

CEVO is based around a PC shooters, like Counter Strike Source and 1.6 and Call of duty, where the consist of teams. Xbox 1v1 games were added not to long ago. Pretty much, you are a 1 man team.

up to 108 people :slight_smile:

5 days of Reg. being open and 108 people later, keep it up everyone

Remember, this tournament will take about a month or 2 to complete, but each week 2 rounds are played out. We will probably at this rate have 8 Groups, A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H, and each group will bring 4 players to the 2 Semi Finals brackets. Then the 32 players from both Semi final bracket will bring 8 players down to the Finals Bracket. and then those 8 players play till the Grand Finals. So hopefully we can make this happen everyone :smiley:

Oh I get it. That’s cool then.

Edit: I get this when I try to join

“Unknown error occurred while joining event. Event not joined. (group: 1043)”

Exactly where I am from too, Done being CEVO-P in source, now SFIV if I can.

Try putting a join password for your team. If that doesn’t work just keep trying to join but when I first did and got that error (and a few of my friends did as well) we put passwords and it let us through no problems

Up to 131 people :slight_smile:

Over 150 people entered, keep it up everyone

up to 167

Hi, I tried to register for this tourney (as my SRK name) but when I try to sign up, I get this error message

Unknown error occurred while joining event. Event not joined. (group: 1043)

account is already created and i couldnt sign up for the event. help!

you have to put in a Join roster Password, and then just keep trying to Reg.