Central PA thread (Harrisburg,York,Lancaster,other centralish areas)

Me and beanoffury r playing again at my house in carlise at 6pm on Monday all are welcome to roll thru

Come out to the lehigh valley open SSF4 tourney happening in july

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?...ghlight=lehigh

i’m in the elizabethtown area. i find out my work schedule every week so i wouldn’t know too much ahead of time what days i have off.

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=238646

THIS WEEKEND! 3S on jap H2H cab!!

I’m looking for some Central PA’ers to get some controller-passing MvC2 matches. Anyone know of anything good that’s local?

I have a DC and one (1) dreamcast brick-stick (love that thing), but only one… and no stick for other available MvC2 systems (sadly).

I can’t offer up a place to play, Wife® & Infant-Son in a small apartment don’t really allow for major get-togethers any more :\

@Chits well shit, kid. I’m in Etown too. highfive

edited Hmm… one click to post and it double posted me. Odd. Sorry bout that :slight_smile:

If you’re looking for marvel comp, I’m the best person around until you get to philly. I live in lanc lanc. There’s a few of my students around lancaster as well who are solid at the game. We really don’t get together much, but if anything pops up I can give you a shout. If you have xbl, we can get in some online marvel, even tho xbox marvel is a fucking travesty. My schedule rotates, but if you want to set something up locally, hit me with a pm and i can let you know what my work schedule looks like.

Yea, i’m on 360, however, i’m stickless… so i’ve learned to play w/ the 360 pad, but i’m not up to snuff as i once was w/ my Dreamcast Brick-Stick (LOVE that thing). I’d be greatly down for getting together (getting a small group or something) for some stick passing, however, my free time is hella limited with a new baby taking up 99% of my time.

Buuuut, i’m down for 360 (send me a request, i’m randomly on there too… but who knows heh), and i’ll see about any free time coming up.

(i miss my oldschool harrisburg days of sitting around with 6 people in a round-robin play for HOURS at a time. So i’d prefer group play over online, but as time for everyone is tight, Live is a very far off 2nd exception ;))

I’m from the York area. My AIM is VLADsuperior

Hit me up if anyone has a place to meet up?

Does Comic Store West host casuals or tournies…?

~Third Strike Tournament Time! (on H2H arcade cab)~

JUST DO IT

Hey man, I tried to hit that link and it appeared to be broken. Might want to double check it.

I should have posted sooner but hopefully someone sees this. Harrisburg Ballers will be holding a series of tournamets this Saturday (6-27) at the Harrisburg Mall. Location will be near the food court at the new LAN place that was opened there (2nd Floor). Signups start at 11am with the tournaments starting at 1pm. SSF4 and Tekken 6 are included.

Harrisburg Ballers Club Pro Gaming Arena, LLC

Hit the link to learn more. Hope to see some more people there.

my student jd aka komosutro aka nea brother 1 goes to those and owns ssf4 for free = (. If there was some real comp i’d come out, but it’s just random kids with controllers.

Random Question Time: Are there any decent MvC2 machines around the area at all? The only one i was aware of for a while was at Colonial Park Mall. I haven’t been out there for a while… i don’t even know if the arcade is still there heh.

And if so, does it still get decent play? Or is the scene dead 'round these parts?

All the marvel machines are gone as far as I know. They got rid of the one at park city a loooooong time ago because me and my crew were upsetting the dance-dance kids cause our game drew a bigger crowd = (. Arcade politics for the lose.

Hah yeah, i knew the Park City one was long gone. I used to play on that one. A lot.

Hmm… possibilities we had played each other at one point or another. But that’s years back as of now. And for some odd reason, my memory isn’t as good as it used to be. cough cough

Damn, so it looks like it’ll have to be a planned setup to get some serious Mah-val time in.

If you were to set up some group play, are there a few sticks available? Would it be 360 or DC? I have no time-frame of possibilities… i’m just REALLY wanting to get some play in, and just asking questions can calm my nerves until i can get out somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got a dreamcast and 2 converters, but I’ve only got one mas stick. I’ve got a few sticks for xbox, but jap sticks are ass for marvel. And if you played at park city, chances are we’ve played at some point. I dunno if you remember the marvel tournament that they had, but I’m the guy that won.

As far as get togethers go, I’m actually off this weekend so I can try to find us a spot to play, but my apt is off limits for the time being. I’ll ask around and see what I can come up with, and I’ll update the thread if I find a spot.

Ah well, this weekend is out. I’m starting to move this weekend. As a matter of fact, i’m going to say that the month of July is pretty much out… save for maybe one saturday (depends if the Wife® does a spa day or not heh), but that’s very much up in the air. We’re actually going to be taking our time moving this time… so that’s what weekends will entail (rather than jamming it all into one day).

Ok, for DC, i have the old DC Arcade stick which is balls-awesome for MvC2 (i mean, that’s what i learned out, outside of the arcade), so that’s covered :wink: Sadly, i don’t remember the tourney there. I would have liked to have been a part of one of those. Oh wells, mebbe next time heh.

My schedule is so effed up that we’d need to do a 2 or 3 week advance notice at this point :-\ Soooo, i’ll keep my ears to the ground about what’s around on my end, and i’ll need to do a calendar check to see about setting a day aside (evening i’d assume… probably a weekend heh) to get something moving.

EDIT: So why does “quick reply” double my posts on occasion? Hmm, i’ll have to check into that :-\ Again, sorry for the double post.

I live like 10min from Colonial Park Mall and ya the arcade is still there w/ the MvC2 machine. The place is usually pretty dead…I mean the only people who go to that mall anymore are 14 yr olds bein cool.