Canonical Tier List

Hmm…i dunno know about that. Jill isnt “strong” shes human. Chris is stronger than Jill, in fact Chris whoops her ass.

What you see in Resident Evil 5 is Jill slightly enhanced from Wesker’s experimentation. She still bleeds and gets beat up pretty bad.

Someone explain to be why Spencer isnt just a man with a bionic arm.

EDIT: For Morrigan to be so S class she’s never actually done anything with her powers, other than be a slut.

morrigan is pretty much hype lots of words about her not that much of her doing stuff

Umm… where is the “Strongest there is” tier? God or not Hulk, is a) not on your list, and b) Strongest there is.

Hit me up when Hulk becomes a Capcom character.

Also it’s opinion and stuff no need to take it seriously. Also, Jill barely cuts it for Strong, I put people with supernatural powers or enhancements in that list. Everyone in Normal is pretty much just a normal person. Spencer is in Strong because of his arm, and he is pretty good with firearms and other forms of combat.

Opinion is “I think Dormammu is stronger than Shuma Gorath”

Fact is “Morrigan is not that powerful”

hulks placement also depends on if he is wearing plot armour if he is then he is s+ teir

I like this post.

Weekly QA Test passed. Nice work Momo. It warms the heart to see that SRK is meeting the standards of quality one should expect of this high calibur FG Community Forum.

Edit: I change my mind, due to the fact that Hulk is strongest there is, he spans both Capcom and Marvel (or anything and everything for that matter)… thus he should still be on this tier list.

Morrigan should be higher because she IS that strong.
She’s essentially Brolly living in the canon universe of DS instead of the non-canon one (aka, she doesn’t get killed off just because she’s movie only).
She’s near omnipotent status. Actually, she was near omnipotent status since she was born (she was stronger than most demons even then, she’s basically Brolly but with large tits instead of muscles).
Now I don’t remember where I read this, but it was a translation of one of the drama CD tracks which is supposed to be the canon (someone correct me if I’m wrong, as it’s been a while since I read this).

Basically went something like this,
Pyron gets his ass absorbed by Demitri (Pyron being A Class).
Then Demitri gets killed by Jedah.
Then Morrigan (fully powered, lilith absorbed, rather than 2/3 complete normally see her) ends up killing Jedah with no problem.
So yeah, she’s definitely S class. Fuck the games for not representing this fact.

Nova should definitely be moved up. Marvel has been beefing him up with the Annihilation crossovers and I’d say he’s in the Thor/Dr.Strange level about now. Super-Skrull as well should be higher as well.

Top: Phoenix, Shuma-Gorath, Dormammu
Upper: Thor, Nova, Dr. Strange, Hulk
UpperMid: Dr. Doom, Iron Man, Magneto
LowerMid: Super-Skrull, Captain America, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, Storm, She-Hulk
Lower: Iron Fist, Deadpool, Taskmaster, Hawkeye, X-23
Bottom: MODOK, Rocket Raccoon, Sentinel

On the Capcom end, it should be noted that a lot of their characters are regular human martial artists. All the Street Fighters (with the exception of Akuma), would die to a single bullet from Chris Redfield.

It’s a nice list. But it’s gonna cause a lot of disagreements. I will now commence nerd argument mode.

For instance, I dislike how you put Captain America and Iron Man above Doom. Victor is wearing armor nearly as advanced as Iron Man, wields enough magic that he was able to take down Dr Strange’s replacement (Dr Voodoo) with little trouble, is an AMAZING scientist in multiple fields (genetics, robotics, chemistry, etc), and commands literal army of robots. The guy should at least be higher than a steroid-injected soldier and a guy who’s currently using his amazing repulsor technology to… make cars.

And, while I’m here, I think you have Storm a bit too low. She’s one of a few select mutants that are considered Omega class (like Iceman, Magneto, and the Summers brothers). To give you an idea of how powerful that is, fairly recently Vulcan (an Omega class mutant) took over the Shi’ar empire, caused a war between two of the universe’s most powerful races, and was almost able to fight toe-to-toe with Black Bolt (a cosmic badass).

Indeed. But, in the interest of fairness, Thor recently knocked an Asgardian-magic imbued Hulk into orbit. So I’d say he earned his place above the green guy. So, currently, his plot armor seems to be weakened.

Er… Can’t Wesker teleport? Pretty sure that’s beyond the scope of a normal human. Even if he can’t, the guy can dodge bullets at the last second. Something even the Captain can’t do. Likewise, Chris punches boulders. He’s hardly an “average” human. If anything, I’d call Chris the Cap of that universe. Captain America got tough with Super Soldier serum, and Chris probably takes steroids. Tomato, tomaato.

Also, in the interest of fairness, if you’re going to count the Six Machine as an ability of Joe, you have to count Tron’s robot body and robotic minions as part of her “strength”.

Beyond that, though, I like your list. Very well thought out.

I thought Hulk would be above Phoenix and Strange

EDIT: Or, which version of each character are we using? That matters a lot~

He’s not really teleporting. He’s just moving/walking really really fast. He has great reflexes and can move faster than the eye can see, which is why he can dodge bullets and etc. Also, the captain america and wesker comparison is because of serum they both took to become stronger. Wesker was pretty damn pathetic before taking the virus.

Knocking somebody into orbit doesn’t necessarily do them much harm. Hulk tore wolverine’s adamantium laced body IN HALF. An indestructible metal was destructed by Hulk. Also, Hulk makes regular trips into space a la Space Boulder (Gamma Crush)! Said knock certainly didn’t “hurt” Hulk (again… strongest) so now he’s going to be pretty pissed about being inconvenienced by being in space not by his own accord and feeling silly about his predicament, which is going to make him strongester there is still!

Hulk strongest. End of discussion!

A lot of Marvel just depends on time frame, writer, and situation. I’ll go with the “best case scenario” option for each.
God Tier: Dormammu, Shuma, Thor, Hulk, Strange, Nova, Phoenix
Top Tier: Ghost Rider, Doom, Magneto, Storm, Super-Skrull (Kl’rt)
High Tier: Iron Fist, Wolverine, Captain America, Deadpool, Spider-Man
Mid Tier: She Hulk, X-23, Taskmaster, Iron Man
Low Tier: Hawkeye, Sentinel, Rocket Raccoon, MODOK

We are also omitting a very important quote from that page. Immediately before knocking him into orbit, Thor admitted “I never could beat you” or something to that effect.

hulks a funny one , because none of the heroes ever fight him full out as he’s still there friend

also wasn’t hulk ripping Logan in half in ultimate?

when did doom beat voodoo?

I’ve gotta read that

also are you sure storm n magneto are omega class

Stop putting Wolverine above Spider Man. I know hes good in the game and all put Peter Paka has kicked his ass at least 10 times. The other times they would get interrupted by like Magneto who would swoop in and own both of them.

I dunno about Iron Man being that low. He’s probably in Top Tier if anything. Especially if we’re going by best case scenario.

It’s pretty equal between the two of them. Spider-Man can’t punch Wolvie with all his strength without breaking his bones. Likewise, Wolverine will have a tough time hitting Spidey due to Spider-Sense. The first time they fought it ended in a draw. Wolvie commented that Spidey would win if he had that killer instinct. In a more recent fight between the two I recall Spider-man getting stabbed sending Spidey to the hospital.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/29885/970697-mksm1323jf0_super.jpg

Marvel Side

[LEFT]Dormammu is much, much more powerful than Phoenix. I recall Dorm whooping Phoenix’s ass… effortlessly. Dorm and Shuma are probably equal, but Dorm’s proven himself many more times than Shuma has, so Dorm gets the bump up to Uber God tier. Strange has stopped Dorm and Shuma before, but this was through last minute ingenuity rather than sheer magical power. Face to face, Strange can’t win against either of these guys, and he sure as hell can’t kill them. And Thor is Thor. So here’s what I think Marvel’s top tier would look like:[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Dormammu[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Shuma Gorath[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Dr. Strange[/LEFT]
Phoenix
Thor

[LEFT]Nova is world and ways much more powerful than Magneto and Storm. He is among the strongest of the non-gods. Ghost Rider has fought and beaten some of the most powerful demons in the universe thanks to his enhanced demonic powers, so he’s also pretty high on this list. Super Skrull is damn strong, able to fight some of Earth’s strongest by himself. Following that, Iron man and Doom have the best, most powerful tech in the world, with Ironman edging Doom out as far as tech goes, and Doom having access to some powerful magic. Doom probably edges out Ironman. Mags comes next, just because of the sheer power of his magnetic control. Then Storm, whose weather control has reached some pretty ridiculous heights as of late. She-Hulk and Iron Fist have fought against many ridiculously powerful villains and won, so they get some mention. And Hulk is Strongest THERE IS! In the Mid tier section:[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Hulk[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Nova[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Ghost Rider[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Super Skrull[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Dr. Doom[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Iron Man[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Magneto[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Storm[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Iron Fist/She-Hulk[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Now the low-tiers. Hawkeye and Taskmaster are the lowest, with Hawkeye being bottom. They have to win with pure luck and ingenuity to fight even the mid-tiers (which of course, is why they get away with beating many characters out of their league). Spiderman, Wolvie, X-23, Cap, and Deadpool are stronger and/or tougher and/or faster than the 3 bottom, but also have that luck/ingenuity thing going for them, so they’re a bump higher. Sentinels are actually pretty damn powerful, probably in league with Storm as far as pure might goes. And they’re AI is also pretty smart. Time and again, though, they lose to even characters that are far below them in the power spectrum, especially when dealing with things they can’t understand. So there. MODOK was the catalyst to creating a cosmic cube. MODOK CREATED A COSMIC CUBE. He’s also got tech in the leagues of Iron Man, and once even made Dr. Doom into a turdbrain. And he’s got mind control and mind raping powers. Kinda like Sentinel, though, his fighting capabilities and on-the-spot craftiness are terrible, thus his placement here. And Rocket Raccoon is pretty much a Hawkeye with super-terrestrial tech, so he’s the top of the bottom.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Rocket Raccon[/LEFT]
[LEFT]MODOK[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Sentinel[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Spiderman[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Wolverine[/LEFT]
Captain America
[LEFT]Deadpool[/LEFT]
[LEFT]X-23[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Taskmaster[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Hawkeye[/LEFT]

Capcom side

[LEFT]Now, I can’t say I know too much about the Capcom side (since their stories for fighting games are freakin scattered), but I will say this; you all are dick-riding the Street Fighters way too much.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Ranking from what I know. Amaterasu can create stuff out of basically nothing, and has vast amount of weather control. Definitely sounds like a god in the leagues of Marvel. Morrigan can apparently level cities without any effort and also has the capacity to destroy the universe. If Firebrand has all the elemental crests collected, then he also has godly might, probably even a match for Thor:[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Amaterasu[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Morrigan[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Firebrand (with all the crests)[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Zero is absurdly powerful, able to withstand the force of a nuclear bomb (with ease), and taking on hoards and hoards of robots that are much stronger than military technology we have today. Dante, Virgil, and Trish have fought some epic powerful devils. Arthur has fought and killed some of the strongest demons in the Demon world, so he has some mention here. Viewtiful Joe has beaten a number of villains with the capacity to destroy the Movie World (a universe in and of itself). Hsien-Ko, Felicia, and no-crest Firebrand get the “I’m a demon” bump. Strider gets the “I beat a bunch of robots” bump. Akuma… has crumbled a mountain before:[/LEFT]

Zero
[LEFT]Dante[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Virgil[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Trish[/LEFT]
Viewtiful Joe
[LEFT]Arthur[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Strider[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Firebrand[/LEFT]
Akuma
[LEFT]Hsien-Ko[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Felicia[/LEFT]

[LEFT]And now the low tiers… mostly because they’ve never really proven themselves. Wesker is super human. Tron has some nice tech, and that’s pretty much all I know. Spencer has fought an entire army, so he’s got some merit. Nemesis is Sentinel level. Chris and Jill have killed off a huge list of zombies. Frank West survived a zombie attack (twice). And Haggar has beaten entire syndicates (three times actually). And Phoenix Wright’s a freakin lawyer. For aesthetic reasons, I’d list Ryu high in the low tier, and Chun-Li’s pretty up there too (she’s the 6th best sharpshooter in the world and an able fighter)[/LEFT]

Ryu
Wesker
[LEFT]Tron[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Spencer[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Chun-li[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Nemesis[/LEFT]
[LEFT]C. Viper[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Chris[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Jill[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Haggar[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Frank West[/LEFT]
Phoenix Wright

Ryu, Chun-Li, and C.Viper are regular humans for the most part. Yes they can shoot fireballs from their hands and whatnot, but their fireballs do less damage then a regular punch. All three of them would be sent to the hospital from a bullet shot by Chris Redfield. They can’t dodge bullets (unlike Wesker). Akuma is probably the only exception in that he has transcended human and is in fact a demon pretty much. That and he has a teleport.