Can we agree on a notation from now?

As this is a single console game I suggest we do what Smash Bros. does (and I can’t stress enough that I think these games are incomparable) and just use the button names. That is to say Square :u: or Circle :d: etc.

Right now, I’m reading around and it’d be cool if we all agreed maybe we can even get button icon smilies added.

From the looks of it many people have already decided on the 1,2,3 system. I know that I am going to use it. 1, 2, 3, and d, s, u. It’s easy.

I’ve just registered on SRK for this game and I’m not too competitive in FGs in general, so it’s not like I’m an oracle or something…

But the 1,2,3 s,d,u notation is simple and effective. Writing full words for the buttons would not only make transcribing combos a pain, but in my opinion it would actually make the transcriptions harder to read. Might even go with a f/b/d/u like Tekken, but I don’t know if there’s any character besides Raiden who would benefit from this.

Number notations was decided a while back.

By who?!
When?!
How?!

During the final beta. The in-game notations were Attack 1, Attack 2, and Attack 3. Since you can remapped the buttons we rolled with that.

I like s/u/d or f/b/u/d and 1/2/3.

I’d prefer to stick with a,b,c only because :snka: :snkb: :snkc: are already here, but 1,2,3 solves the same thing. Numerical notation just looks bad when you start combining it with directional numerals as well (which we don’t need or will use here I don’t think, no 236 etc)

Radec 2 shot shimmy
:b:+:snka::snka:, :b::snkb:
or
:b:+1 1, :b:+2
or
:b:+

, :b:

I’ve always liked numpad notation but I play anime games so whatever. 5AAA 8[A] j.AA j.B~j.6C j.8C. It’s easy for me to read (some made up Dante combo) but I can use whatever. I guess there’s no real difference between 6A and 4A besides what direction you’re facing so “over-B”/“side-B” from Smash might make sense there (but with whatever button name), though I know for some characters you do have to face a certain way to make some combos work.

This is the FGC you silly boy, nobody agrees on anything

also the FGC isn’t real

http://i.imgur.com/SKHzS.gif

What is D,S,U? I’d say go with 1 2 3. triangle square and circle would look bad in notation unless you do the images. f.s n.t n.s? Too complicated. f.1 n.2 n.1 is much cleaner looking. If i see a 3 my brain can automatically go “circle” cause its the third button in that line.

D/S/U = Down, Side, Up

When I see 3 I want to press X because Tekken.

Oh i thought people were saying dsu for the face buttons…

I think the notation should be catered to the people who are going to actually be playing this game. I don’t think people that are into tekken/sf are going to stay around with this game if they’re dedicated to w/e series they’re with.

I have been using D,S, U and 123. Seems easiest to type and read.

How did you make those PS button logos?!

I’ll call it A, B, C. Forward 1, Side 2, Back 3, sounds stupid. Fuck the standards.

I play Tekken and anime games; I think the game is fun. Don’t generalize man!

Idk what you’re saying but I think you misread what I said.

Also, people are using 123/dsu. playstationallstarsarena.com