Cammy Beginners Thread

There is a thread for it below this one. You can do the Tiger Knee version or jump forward then half (or quarter) circle back.

How do you guys apprach someone you just knocked down. I suck at timing and will get hit by jabs and throws and whatever else they throw out. How do you guys go about keeping the pressue.

"Street Fighter V Cammy Beginners Guide (Basics #1)"
Just found this on reddit and figured I should post it here.

As far as the jabs you can block the first, and have a frame advantage before the second one hits. Practice it in training mode I set up a dummy to cross up and poke, as well as other things I felt I needed to work on.

How am I at advantage if I block there wake up jab. most jabs are + 2 or more on block

You can just have the right setups for the occasion. Off most knockdowns you should be able to meaty with your normals. It’s pretty easy to tell when your opponent is getting up in this game. Just look at them and once you see them getting up thats when you hit your button.

Let me clarify that you won’t have frame advantage but it will count as counter if you time it right. I just spent the last 30 minutes practicing it.

I gotcha

Meaty attacks such as st.MP or cr. MK. You can also try using V skill such that you end up on the opposite side of the opponent.

Anyone want to share any beginner mistakes so that the people of the future don’t have to suffer needlessly?

I, for one, got into the habit of going for c. MK after s. MK to try and frame trap / counter hit my opponents. It has longer range than c. MP, is special cancellable and is a medium so it can’t be THAT slow can it?
c. MK has the same amount of start-up as the sweep, it doesn’t work as a frame trap. Don’t use it as one!

Signed,
All the countless matches I lost due to my own ignorance.

I think that’ll be a really helpful thing. If we could get the OP changed, or if James is willing to update it. Do like a beginner Dos and Don’ts list.

CAMMY has great buttons, use her normals especially her st. Lk and cr. mp. Frame traps I frequently use is her v-skill-cr.mp-cr.mk spiral arrow(ex) and cr.mp-st. jab-cannon spike. She also has really good mix ups. I studied her tutorials for a good week and practiced them for just as long…

how do you do that combo that starts with target combo and ends in ex ia cannon strike??

Are you talking about TC xx EX Hooligan Divekick > DP? I just hit the kick as soon as possible so they don’t fall to the ground. You have to be pretty close to start the combo as b.mp has shit horizontal range. Probably won’t hit it outside of a CC punish.

Easiest way to hit it is st. lp or cr. lp, b+mp, HK xx special of choice at point blank range (like on wake up). You input the special right after the HK to cancel it, but the animation is delayed until after the HK hits so that might be throwing you off. Just go into training and input those moves in order and don’t pay attention to the animation being delayed. If you do hooligan you’ll have to hit a kick to get the dive if you want it but it does require proper timing to not be punished if they block, otherwise do nothing and it will low kick after.

i can do it into dp with no trouble. ahhh maybe it’s ex hooligan and not a ia ex cannon strike. looks the same though. i’ll test it later.

Yes, it’s TC xx ex hooligan xx dk, dp

Her basic neutral game plan imo, is to use st.mk and cr.mk as your primary pokes. Then once you’ve got some hits in with st.mk, then the tendency is for the opponent to do a jump in attack. Which is when you nail them with your AAs. Bonus if you manage to hitconfirm cr.mk into SA. This is great against a lot of the cast since her st.mk has insane reach, and her DP.

When you do manage to get in close, he best tools are her cr.jab and st.jab. The former comes out in only 3 frames, the latter sets up her frame traps. Then mix it up from there (tick throw, lows, hooligan, cannon strike, cr.mk). That’s basically her game plan in a nutshell.

Loving the char all in all.

Two questions:

1. Can Cammy get any followups off of her anti airs? I’ve been using st.HK to anti air (cause I can’t Cannon Spike consistently yet) but maybe I could be doing something else?
  2. Does anyone know what dp shortcuts I could be using from a crouch? I know sfiv has shortcuts but I don’t know if they’re the same in this game.
  1. B+mp is her close anti air. Can dash under opponent after hit for a mix up. Cs for all others. Hk is usable but much harder to time then cs. Practice jumpins in training mode.
  2. Same as 4. Df Df kick