Calling all Sky Pirates - Tron UMvC3 Team Building Thread

Im just curious, what combo are you using to get the Clakey D ender to work with Firebrand? Most of my combos just dont work with that assist.

Oh sorry for the delay, i made my combo basic for now j.:h:, reverse DP.:h:, st.:l:, st.:m:, gustaf, j.:m:, j.:h:, :s:, st.:l:, st.:m:, :s:, sj, j.:m::m::h::s:, assist, down :h: (i let firebrand swoop the i jump) j.:h:, :s:, qcf-:l:, j.:h:, st.:h: reverse DP.:h:, qcf. :atk::atk:.

AH of course, I never thought about jumping. I always tried to connect the beacon bomb after the sweep and sometimes it would just miss.

To me it misses every time to speak the truth.
After i do the qcf:atk::atk: i wait for the opponent to almost reach the serv bots when falling, i then DHC into firebrand luminous body dash back DP.:h: (charge).
The opponent’s character will be in the recovering state, if they roll back or roll forward they will still get hit, i dash back if the opponent tries to roll forward.
I even tried it on very hard cpu bec they seem to react to impossible things, they just stand there, before when i did not do the dash back they (cpu) always roll forward. I tried it alot in reall matches as well and it worked every time.

That is one of the reason i love my team Tron/Firebrand/Deadpool
When Tron needs to get out for some reason i do DP.:atk::atk: super DHC into luminous body and if they block the giant serv bot i DP.:h: charge again with firebrand to get the unblockable every time. I approach with deadpool’s quick work to get the unblockable as well.

Hey so I just picked Tron back up this week, my team now is Tron (Gustaff Fire)/ Vergil (Rapid Slash)/ Magneto (Electric Disruptor). (Rikir we were playing at wednesday night casuals this week you were crushing me)

So here’s what I’ve got so far, bare with me I’m new to the Tron lingo. I can’t do all the proper loops yet, so I use magneto disruptor to be able to land an otg relaunch using cF, then, using Vergil Rapid Slash the Clakey D ender works very well (obviously). So far what I’ve found out with Vergil dhc tech is this: going into spiral swords loop is pointless as A) the swords prevent the opponent from landing on the servbots, so you have to wait for them to land in them, and this wastes like half the swords total time, this causes this to be a virtually useless dhc because they disappear at the same time the servbots do, give or take. So, devil trigger is the go to dhc if any. As Rikir said tron doesn’t really need it. The best reason to go to vergil is try gain the benefit of switching him into devil trigger mode in general, then hard tagging back to tron before the servbots finish. If tron dies devil trigger vergil has better defences because he can air dash forwards and backwards to dodge setups (well forward really), his rapid slash assist also goes faster, and does more damage now.

So the name of the game is this, 2 bars, keep tron its stronger, 3 or more, go to devil trigger and do the following. Full tron combo, mine suck so just do whatever is optimal for your team, I have more to learn not gonna bother posting mine, go to clakey D ender. Call servbots and instantly dhc to vergil, and hold down to load the round trip sword. As soon as the opponent lands in the servbots (you know what I mean, litterally lands in the line) throw the sword, and hard tag back to tron. When the sword comes back it goes up at an angle, where vergil would be (because he hard tagged) and lifts them as soon as the serbots finish. s.H with tron, and call the big-boy, or the servbots, or the big boy and the servbots whatever. Also, if you throw the sword near the end of the servbots insetad, than hard tag tron, this can be used for a dirty reset as the sword comes at them from behind, from off the screen, while tron has a mixup.

Also, dhcing into tron from vergil works but only into servbots…From vergils “phantom dance” wait until the opponent has fallen about 1/3 of the total height that the super brings them up then throw the gun…just leave a lot of time, more than it look like.

I just started running tron doom & strider. I still need a lot of work as a general player but this team has been working pretty well and is really fun to play.

What assist for Doom and Tron? I run Tron/Haggar/Doom, let’s discuss. B)

I run Boulder/Missiles…

I’ve got tron with Gustaff and I was using Doom’s missiles as well. Lately I have been playing doom with rocks, and that is a lot of fun. I think I will be switching over to rocks for my ‘go to’ setup soon.

If I played Doom, beam would be clear choice, IMO. If basically covers all of Tron’s weaknesses. Missiles will give you nice combo extensions, but Tron can’t really capitalize on the lockdown it provides, since her high/low mixups are on the slow side. I would use the beam to cover the square jump and run low/command throw mixups.

I run Plasma Beam myself. It makes approach a helluva lot easier than it would be without it. Nova covers the Clakey D assist so I don’t really need Missiles.

So this DOES work! Could you elaborate on the timing for it? I wanted to use Skrull originally but gave up on him because I couldn’t get this assist to work.

Well the idea is to land the beacon bomb a little after the last hit of Tenderizer. On Tron combos thats possible.

The buffer is:

Plink both assist and 2H> s.H xx 236H > whatever

On longer combos (ie any Tron relaunch) you have to do something like:

Plink assist and 2H > Gustaff Fire > j.HS > 236H > Whatever.

So you kinda need your groundbounce for longer combos. Im sure theres something else you can do but I dont really have much time to test this. lol

Im gonna start working on Tron and Felicia synergy… with Sent Drones behind them of course…

Not sure about how TRON and Felicia work… but I like them so… yea

Drones can be used for combo extension buuuut unfortunately you probably already used them on your approach. Dunno if any of Felicia’s assists would work properly as an extender, I vaguely remember trying it out when I was looking for an anchor but I don’t think I ever got it to work.

Sand Splash usually works if you hit with L-Beacon Bomb (H-Version usually whiffs for me if cornered off of this assist for some reason). Then you can hit with a meaty jS groundbounce into H-Beacon Bomb (jHS doesn’t work at this height) and go into a standard Falling jH->sH->King Servbot and/or Drill to Lunchtiem or KSB loop…

Of course I’m sure Rolling Buckler is a better assist than Sand Splash anyway since it’s fast and hits low…(?) Drones is ok for lockdown though…

And maybe having rolling buckler can help you go for unblockable setups?

Little late for me, but I’ll put stuff up anyway. So I run Tron (Bandit Boulder)/Hsien-ko (Senpu Bu)/Taskmaster (Horizontal Shot), slightly different from my vanilla team as Taskmaster was point and Tron on anchor.

My main goal is getting HK gold as soon as possible with a BNB combo leading to the Lunchtime super. Allows me to DHC to Gold Armor and raw tag back to either Tron or Taskmaster and get a beacon bomb or charging star to sharp sting respectively.

Taskmaster of course helps for some zoning. For some characters that won’t deal with zoning as well, Taskmaster arrows with Beacon Bomb may have them take to the sky. And if they press a button on the way down, they might eat a H Beacon Bomb.

Hopefully if Hsien-Ko has Gold Armor, I’ll really only use her as Tron’s combo extender, which will lead into Servebot Surprise (maybe twice?) into Lunchtime.

Style of gameplay varies on the opponent’s characters. If I can zone, I’ll zone and hope to land a Beacon Bomb into free combo. If they zone, I’ll just have to get in somehow and open them up into a damaging Tron combo. Aside from all that, I just like the characters. :smiley:

Senpu Bu is really a spam-the-fuck-out-of-this assist. It is a great combo extender and I remember being able to get two King Servbots off of it before I decided that Hsien Ko was more effort than I was willing to put in but that’s like using Hidden Missiles as an OTG assist.

my team is tron/frank/akuma

akuma is a comfortable anchor, good assist for frank and tron, and covers a lot of their bad zoning matchups quite well.

Lol new to the forum here. I’m considering on picking up Tron. I want to use her with Rocket Raccoon and Amaterasu.

That could work. Ive always considered those two as assists for her.

Glad I’m not the only one. I haven’t tried it. Someone mentioned that meter would be an issue since Tron uses a lot for her combos.