Calgary Thread 2017

Super Bomberman R

OMG THANKYOU

Bomberman for Smash now!? I would never betray Smash again if I had Bomberman.

Would be nice but I’m not hopeful.

Then again maybe the reason they didn’t talk about Smash Switch was because they’re going to have substantially more content… although if there’s going to be a Konami rep, personally I’d rather have Goemon or Sparkster.

I like the idea of Switch, I hope it does well,

if USF2 is exclusive i’m gonna be mad
PC / PS4 plz

who the fuck is gonna make a nintendo switch arcade stick lol
also, HDR was sick andrew. it’s no ST arcade, but it does the trick if you wanna play some old school in a pinch.

one more thing. is USF2 gonna be TURBO or is it just going to be super street fighter 2 with EK / ER added in?
… because pre-turbo old school was fucking sloooooow

Hori is making a stick for the Switch. Ain’t no one gonna buy that though.

USF2 has throw techs. RIP Blanka. Bottom tier confirmed.

Nintendo stocks bombed after that reveal. At launch it’s basically a 500 dollar Zelda machine.

The actual important news is INJUSTICE 2 STORY MODE REVEAL ON THE 17TH. Which means a bunch of character reveals mmmm (and a look at the rest of the updated faces on character models lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wiMjrjA57U

SF5 selling that badly, Capcom?

Darkseid confirmed as the pre-order bonus for I2, like Goro was for MKX. Was hoping they wouldn’t do that again but I guess it worked well before. Lousy WB.

Wonder how his Omega beams will work? Homing or will they be controlled like a game of Snake ;).

I should be happy about this but:

-They’re using the fugly HDR graphics

-They’ve actually slowed down the game

-They got rid of the HDR changes but are making some balance changes of their own which I’m sure will be awful.

-It’s a Switch exclusive

You forgot about the fact they replaced all the sound with SF4 sound bytes.

We already know the new balance changes are awful because SF4 style throw techs now ;).

You can replace the fugly HDR graphics at least… and maybe that means the sound too.

Seems they’re just trying to cash in on nostalgia for the SNES version

Except there’s never been a Snes version of ST.

I don’t think they’re basing it on ST. It seems to be based on SSF2

They have supers and are using HDR sprites and have the ST portraits. Pretty sure it’s ST.

They’re just alluding to Snes because that’s what most people remember.

i’d be really surprised if it was a switch exclusive, my bet is it comes out on everything

but yeah the game looks very slow and i really hope you can turn off the sf4 sound bytes. the new announcer is terrible too :frowning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf-_-CuetzM

Also, The Injustice 2 roster got leaked by someone who works on the mobile game. It is as follows:

1. Joker
  2. Bane
  3. Poison Ivy
  4. Swamp Thing
  5. Black Canary
  6. Catwoman
  7. Cyborg
  8. Hal Jordan
  9. John Stewart
  10. Cheetah
  11. Firestorm
  12. Flash
  13. Scarecrow
  14. Green Arrow
  15. Captain Cold
  16. Brainiac
  17. Damian Wayne
  18. Black Adam
  19. Doctor Fate
  20. Power Girl
  21. Zoom
  22. Mr. Freeze

Some of these characters are “unlocked” by getting gear for other characters (John, Freeze, Power Girl, etc). And Darkseid as pre-order bonus. Plus already announced Superman, Aquaman, Batman, Grodd, Atrocitus, Deadshot, Harley, Supergirl, Wonderwoman and Blue Beetle. Decent launch roster.

I really, really wasn’t expecting Bane to come back. I’m pretty sad. He’s my fave grappler design in all FGs, but I wanted an excuse to learn a new character…

No Giganta at launch, Josh… sniff :(.

How you gonna choose, now Jimmy!? And Bipolar gets his main back.

Bane,Captain Cold, Black Canary, Zoom, Brainiac, Grodd… how will I pick a main!?

(This leak is like 99% real because it was revealed a month ago on some no where thread for 4 other people, by a guy who allegedly is working on the mobile version. He predicted all the characters announced today, including the fact that Brainiac is the main villain)

swamp thing’s & mr. sub zero are mine
dark seid too since i mained doomsday in the last title.

WB must have a serious fear of PC games ever since they flopped that batman game a few years back. too bad.

Oh God. Bane is back. The dream is real

Also, Brainiac looks awesome. I’m gonna give him a fair look but let’s be honest, need more venom.

It’ll come to PC eventually. I assume that’s why they fixed MKXL on PC.

I’ll find someone other than Bane… can’t have two people maining the same lol

But Captain Cooooooold