Calgary Thread 2017

Nope, it’s trash. Lost all interest after the constant stupid decisions they’ve been making. As did most.

Not sure if Ricky’s still interested since he doesn’t post here very much anymore.

Doesn’t seem like anyone is really playing anything these days. SFV die off as well?

As far as I can tell it never really got off the ground here. I certainly don’t play it. Derryk isn’t interested, neither is Dave T - he went “fuck that” once he saw how much it cost to get the game with all the characters ($100). Even Ricky doesn’t touch it. The only ones who seem to still play it are Amin and Zak. Seems all the big name popular games got fucked over.

So yeah I’ve just been focusing on making my game.

Jozhear is a local beast.
he has meetups at his bar every wednesday i think? but only a couple people go.

he’s also got a stream and has been highlighted on r/streetfighter a few times

We need to build a scene for anime games. Arcana Heart 4 is finally coming out. Koihime Enbu and Nitroplus Blasterz are on Steam right now. It’s a golden age!

Aw YEAH Arcana Heart’s director is following ya boy’s game on twitter what uuupppp

yeah ki is cool, been working on my ki.infil.net guide for the last while and they have 3 new characters coming out

That’s pretty cool, Josh. I would play the girl with the jelly monster pillow. But the first thing I thought when I read the story was…what are you guys thinking… pretty sure Arcana Heart and “western sensibilities” are an oxymoron.

SFV pretty dead, Jimmy. Especially online since the netcode is unplayably bad.

I’ve been playing a ton of MKX lately online. After FFXV and SFV I have decided to not force myself to play games I dislike anymore lol.

I2 is when things get real tho. Hopefully you find a better character than Green Arrow this time :wink:

(Also, I’m not KI’s biggest fan but I’m up for online games whenever)

I really like ki too but havent played much recently. Andrew and i have played online a few times and its always a good time. Im up for games whenever

I plan to use Supergirl, unless Poison Ivy is in and is good. Supergirl better be busted as all hell lol. Can’t wait to have some offline meet ups again like the old injustice days.

I haven’t played much MKX since the last update,

I hear you on FFXV, I played for about 20 hours and haven’t touched it in awhile, little pissed I spent 80 bucks on it when it was just onsale 2 weeks later on the Online store.

We should plan a get together for that first weekend after I2 drops, week one is always super fun lol.

I’ll give it a look if Giganta is in the game, and maybe I’ll have Killa Gorilla or whatever his name is as my side character.

Do you think NRS would ever make Goku a DLC character?

who knows with them lol, but I doubt it for I2, seems like spawn is a possibility

Speaking of Supergirl, that show was actually pretty dope. I marathon’d the first season.

I doubt we’ll ever see animu with them. They like guests that are “awesome” and “extreme”! Spawn is guaranteed at this point.

Boon was trolling about Marvel characters a lot on twitter. I thought Spider-man or Wolverine might end up showing up because of that but with MvCI now, I doubt it.

Apology accepted, Derryk. Season 2 is much better though.

Supergirl looks ridiculous in I2. I don’t think there’s any way a character with her tools could be bad.

I really have no idea who I’ll play. Gorilla Grodd looks awesome (flying psychic monkey zoner/grappler hybrid? Plz), but Cap Cold is one of my favourite characters ever… but I bet he’ll be pretty technical. Darkseid will probably be pretty rad. I like Spawn but I don’t see him fitting my playstyle.

Need to see more grapplers, because I doubt Bane is returning.

Yah I watched it too, lol. Thats why I must main supergirl, as she is now my girlfriend.

I watched some Injustice 2 stuff today.

I dunno, it… it just doesn’t appeal to me. I need games with nice music, colorful graphics and pretty ladies. This one’s just trying to be as grimdark as possible. It’s a hard sell for me.

Tell you what, you buy me the game on Steam, I’ll gladly play it with you.

The Supergirl breakdown is the only recent look at the game. The rest of the footage is like 8 months old.

Game is way more colourful and bright in the most recent build. Still might not appeal to you though. But I think there will be a relatively large number of female characters.

But the Switch stream starts in under an hour! Come on reveals…

Ahhh god damn it that presentation was amazing.

I love all of it. Splatoon 2 Food Trucks Edition. Super Mario The Hedgehog 2006. Mario Kart: Super Mario and Nintendo All-Stars Racing.

No news on Smash Switch though. Boo

Also Capcom announced Ultra… Street Fighter 2? Whaaaaaaat?

http://images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/harrisony/street_fighter/usfii/6496484eba0cdd80d4cc654bc4b9219c.jpg?v=237600

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/01/12/ultra-street-fighter-ii-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch

Hopefully it’s better than HDR.

Xenoblade and sprite based Square RPG mmm