C3 (MD/VA) September 22, 2007: The Rebirth

So, this whole thing has been going pretty damn well thanks to Robin, but he’s left VA now ( :sad: ). So Eric Kim and I will be in charge of running our monthly tournaments from now on. We’re cool with how most stuff has been going, but we’re gonna be making a few changes… so with no further adieu…

Games
Street Fighter III: Third Strike (PS2)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (PS2)
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (PS2)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC)
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (PS2)
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3)
Super Smash Brothers Melee (GC)

Yay.

OK. A few things:

Address

44710 Cape Court #118
Ashburn, VA 20147

Cash Money

$8 Venue fee
$5 per game

Payout will be 60/30/10 for all games over 10 entries. 70/30 for games under 10.

Schedule

1PM- Smash
4PM- Capcom games, GG:AC, T5:DR

That’s the schedule, but here’s the thing BE ON TIME. The reason why we stay late is because some people just don’t show up on time. Son… we’re announcing this thing a month in advance… just show up on time, stick around for your matches, and we can all go home. Better yet, we can do fun stuff like poker again, and we can get to IHOP before it gets too rowdy :sweat:

So to make sure people are on time, I’m not holding up any tournaments for more than 30 minutes after scheduled start time. If you can get in before it’s too late, fine, but if you’re too late, you’re going to losers’. Sorry. It’s for the good of poker.

Also we’ll be able to run teams starting next month, and we may even be able to squeeze in some of the other games as official tournaments.

Set-Up

We’re gonna have The Cave be a Capcom room, and try to spread everything else out. It gets really cramped in there, so we’ll have it set up a little better.

The big area will be split between everything else, since there’s plenty of room.

We’d appreciate if anyone could bring in PS2’s and PS3’s and games. First PS3 with T5:DR through the door gets free entry into T5.

So that’s it.

I understand we all have our thoughts about how C3’s been going, and we’re gonna take all of this, and try to keep the positive momentum going, and change some things that people didn’t like. This is the first step, and will only get better from here.

We’re gonna try to throw a BIGGER regional tournament in November, and again in early '08, and try to get this to grow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We’re gonna try to make this fun, unique, and different from how it has been in the past, just to keep things fresh, and make sure we all get better!

PS- One more thing… how do you all feel about taping matches? Do you guys wanna start YouTubing our tournaments? We’ve had some pretty sick matches in the various games over the years, and none of it goes up for the world to remember. Do you guys wanna start having our stuff recorded and upped? Let me know, and we can work this out for all games.

Peace!!!

Mad Hate / Mighty Productions:rofl:

EDIT-

FOR OUT OF TOWNERS!!!

HOTEL INFO FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED:

Embassy Suites Hotel Dulles-North/Loudoun, VA 3 star rating
44610 Waxpool Road, Dulles, VA Map
0.3 Miles South of 21770 Beaumeade Circle ~119$ a night

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dulles-North/Loudoun
44620 Waxpool Rd
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703) 723-7500
~$99/night
0.9 miles from C3

Holiday Inn WASHINGTON-DULLES INTL AIRPORT 3 star rating
1000 SULLY RD, Sterling, VA Map
2.8 Miles Southeast of 21770 Beaumeade Circle ~63$ anight

Welcome to the Mad House son!

FIRST!!!

I can bring a PS2 with CVS2/3S/and a p360 stick for u guys to mash on.

STUN COMBO EDIT:beat DJ and all of you :tup:

First post.

LOL. I dont even try to get first post anymore.

BTW this sounds hype. My bro just bought a camcorder so he can definitely record some footage. Definitely need more people to pick up camcorders tho. With Hav and Kim running things I know this will only get better. Thanks to C3 David for keeping this running and keeping the 2d fighting game scene alive. GL in Iraq, Robin. Your GDLK tourney handling skills will be remembered. Maybe I’ll be ready for that Chun Li challenge when you come back.

Address:
44710 Cape Court #118
Ashburn, VA 20147

Stuff to remember: I usually brought one of every system just in case. I can donate one of my 3 dreamcasts to you havoc… b/c marvel players NEVER bring anything. Also need a VMU

I think setting up an island in the middle with at least 4 tv’s was a good use of space.

Guilty Gear LOVES the little hallway… maybe they smell nice?

I may/may not still be around for this, if I am, I will definitely come. I just don’t want any bracket near me.

ECC/2 is in october.

I hate that hallway. Especially when I have to wait for a 10 minute long Smash match to finish up for me to get in to it. And it’s a terrible place to have tourney matches. People are shuffling, bumping, and moving around, screwing up people’s games. There’s no room to watch the other tourney matches. People have to wait for one match to end before they can move through to get to their match.

Throw casuals in there, and keep the open areas free for tournament matches.

greatest line ever. :wgrin::wgrin::lovin::wgrin::wgrin:

also ignore this guy above me. GG is in the back corner

I meant November. Fixed.

it reminds them of home when they are locked in a closet and crying.

And enjoying it:wtf:

Just throw those smash scrubs in the little hall. Keep them where they belong. :rofl:

and with that, this thread can now be closed.

seriously though why does smash get all 30 nice tv’s?

They’re like rats the lot of them! Last month I had to set up Guilty Gear myself, and some Smashfag comes up to me while I’m carrying the last available TV across the damn venue to the cave.

“You need any help?”

“Yeah.”

“Is that TV for Smash?”

“No.”

“LOL Oh, never mind.”

Anyways, it’s good to see that there’s still gonna be a C3 post-Renegade. I ain’t going to another damn lock-in either way though. I got pick-pocketed, kicked out, and by the time people showed, I was ready to leave!

yeah the last lock in was pretty f’n whack

I’ll more than likely come to this - glad C3’s are still being ran. I’ll make a repost onto Dustloop.

'Gief mirrors are fun~

I know you really don’t like the game, but Melty Blood has held tournaments at the past two C3’s with the number of entrants being between 14 to 18 people (here’s a link to the last one http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=451.0) and I think it would be a nice gesture to get them in there somehow, maybe. You’re full as it is, but 18 people is plenty of people to consider ;p.

Anyways, I’ll try my damndest to come to this, there shouldn’t be anything in my way this time. Looking forward to some CvS2 and MB.

:smiley:

I actually have no real opinion on MB. I’ve never played it. I just think it looks dumb…

In any event, I’m definitely not opposed to having it run. I don’t want to make it “official” this time, just because Eric and I are trying to get a good guage on things for our first tournament, then add and subtract accordingly. You guys are more than welcome to set up a station, and in fact, Kimmicks and I will see to it that there’s a space set out for you guys.

That’s absurdly kind and generous of you, thank you.

:slight_smile:

Not really that kind…

I just don’t want you losers near me.

:lovin:

I was waiting for the punchline.