lvl 3 fa fierce fient fierce, super, 465 dm, 500 stun
fierce feint fierce, mp knuckle, super, 486 dm, 560 stun
fierce feint fierce, ex seismo, sjc flamekick 346 dm, 550 stun
fierce feint fierce, ex seismo, sjc flamekick, ultra 612 dm, 550 stun
fierce feint fierce, ex seismo, mp knuckle 360 dm, 620 stun
fierce feint fierce, ex seismo, mp knuckle, fierce knuckle 402 dm, 710 stun
fierce feint fierce, ex seismo, mp knuckle, ultra 626, 720 stun
j.rh, fierce feint fierce, ex seismo, mp knuckle, ultra 624, 794 stun

so before that mad tea party vid i didn’t know about the ex seismo flamekick fierce knuckle midscreen. so i hit the lab and figured out how to do it.

the basic combo is fierce, ex seismo late mk flamekick, qcf fierce. what seems to happen is this creates a cross up where you land in front of them slightly but they fly back over your head so you have to do the motion in reverse. now on to the list of people i got it to work on.

shotos - couldn’t do it consisently on akuma
cammy
chun
guile
balrog
abel
fuerte
rose

late mk flame, reg upper (do the motion the regular way for knuckle)
honda - I hit it both ways on him actually
viper

late rh flame
rufus
sak
gen

didn’t work on
fei
sagat
sim
blanka
gief

notes
i couldn’t get this off a fierce fient fierce it seems to push them too far. so only go for this when you’re not sure if dbl cr.fierce will hit.

honda is weird sometimes i had to qcb and sometimes i had to qcf for the knuckle to come out.

also i’m not saying 100% it doesn’t work on those people just i couldn’t get it to work

various youtube bullshit i uploaded kunai might want to add to the front page if/when he ever updates it. check my channel for more, i upload random vids whenever i get bored or learn something new. k i’m out i’ll post again in another couple months or so

sjc fadc mini tutorial
fff sjc fadc ultra

[Reserved.]

Why’s the old thread closed?

Anyways, I learned a semi-new way to combo into Burst Time. EX Seismo Hammer into super jump cancelled GROUND Flame Kick into Burst Time. This has two advantages over air Flame Kick:

1. No chance of accidentally switching corner positions
  2. More time to input the Ultra Combo
    This only works in the corner. The only ways to combo into Ultra mid-screen is to FADC an EX Seismo or to time a late air Flame Kick into Ultra. Tomorrow, I’m going to try SJCing the EX Seismo into an fierce Thunder Knuckle into Ultra. I’ll let y’all know how that turns out.

I have no idea why the old thread is closed… I can ask to see if they can move said content to this one.

This technique may be useful, most definitely. What I am concerned about is consistency of doing the normal ground Burning Kick after EX Seismo. But if a player can do it with consistency, I’m sure it’s a safer bet to do it this way.

Good stuff Kryo.

That last one will definitely work in the corner… but I mean you could always just do a MP TK in the corner off a seismo no jump cancel needed, but maybe fp does more stun or something?

When I get the home version tomorrow, I will try and see what the difference is in stun potential.

FMR, if it’s okay, I would like to add the information from the previous thread to this one. I would also like to eventually add damage point and stun point information to each combo, if the console version has that data available during practice mode.

Sure, you can use all the info from my old thread. Though unless you can actually see my post to edit it you’ll be missing out in some of the formatting I did (like the bolding and such) Stun points and damage would be great, I’ll definietly be willing to type up all that stuff when I get my copy next wednesday.

Is it getting released a week before america in Japan?

Any chance someone could make a Viper Combo tutorial vid showcasing basic to expert Viper combos?

When you get the game you can just try the ones FMR posted here.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=164908
You won’t have to wait nearly as long to do that.

I mainly replied to this thread to show my appreciation towards Kunai though. Thanks for helping all us Viper’s stand a chance at the arcade!

It’s out as of yesterday. Sorry for the late reply. I have played it for only an hour because I have been so busy with other projects and such.

WaveKyo: Thanks for the support. I want all Viper players to kick some ass out there, that’s why I do what I have been doing. :wink:

Kryo, is the command for this: (Ex.Seismo) then d, u, d, db, b + K or the tiger knee version of (Ex.Seismo) then d, db, b, uf + K?

I think FullMetalRoss said the tiger knee version worked well, but I’d like to know how you did it too.

Didn’t see this mentioned in the old thread, but you can actually use do close fierce XX JAB TK feint, c.fierce etc. but… no real reason to 'cuz it’s easier to just do strong TK feint.

Really? I hadn’t tried that, I imagine the timing would be horribly tight to get the second fierce out. It’s pretty tight with the strong feint already, and although it’s safer on miss if you don’t get the feint out, it’s noticably less generous on time for follow up c.fierce etc when compared to the feirce feint…

Really good to know though, I’ll probably still stick with my 50/50 Strong/Feirce feints for now. :wink:

I just prefer to flame kick for the damage. I go for mp.knuckle when I want stun…but then I’m not going to Ultra…that would be silly. Another reason I’d rather not use mp.knuckle is that I’m worried I’ll unintentionally stun the opponent but I’ll still Ultra out of habit. Now I’m out an Ultra and a sitting duck.

edit: scratch the part about damage. Turns out that I’m just crazy and mp.knuckle actually does more damage than flame kick. I still want to avoid accidental Ultras on stun and the flame kick looks cooler anyways :wink:

The latter method is what I use. You have to hold the UF for a bit and hit K just as she coils up for the jump

it isn’t too bad, I got used to doing it and/or strong knuckle (whichever I end up hitting first lol)… still gotta be quick about it, but it’s not like super super hard, I’ve been hitting it pretty consistently lately.

the thing about the double fierce combo is learning not to input the feint too soon. after a while, i’ve learned to input the combo by rhythm. kind of a “tap tap pause tap tap” ditty.
[media=youtube]0qPNUAAci34&feature=channel_page[/media]
try listening to the button presses and see if that helps. although, if you place the “taps” on a time line, the second tap(knuckle) can really be anywhere between the first two(cr.fierce and feint). it’s the timing of the third “tap(feint)” after the first “tap(cr.fierce)” that’s really important.

Man, some friends and I did a challenge mode for our subs. I foolishly picked Viper of course thinking I could eventually get this shit. But it was retarded. Which strength feints do you do for the double fierce?

I started using the fierce one after a while. I knew it was either the strong or fierce feint, but I used the one with the fierce for the most part. cr.fierce xx tk feint xx ultra was the most annoying shit I’ve ever done in a video game.

I could feint properly, shit is like a kara throw. fierce tk feint is insanely fast…I don’t know how people slow the feint down, it’s like a kara from qcb fierce~jab+strong for me. I just can’t down fierce, tk feint, then down fierce again, it’s hella awkward for me.

Yeah Viper is an execution heavy character. That’s why I never decided to practice any of her advanced combos until I had the game for myself. No point in trying that stuff if you don’t have it in muscle memory. It’s going to be like learning CVS2 all over again with those tight ass links and cancels. :lol: Since I never get to play Guilty Gear I was looking for a character that would really test my timing and execution and really make use of my Sanwa arcade sticks and Viper is definitely that character. She shraes some similarities to Ibuki in her mind games and the way she plays but Ibuki’s execution is easy mode compared to Viper. Almost everything Ibuki has is safe and pretty easily hit confirmable. So even if you mess up you’re pretty safe. When you mess up with Viper’s execution you die. :sad: :looney:

Ideally you want to use HP Feint though since that feint has the least recovery allowing you to follow up with another c.HP quicker and easier. Obviously HP feint requires the strictest of timing of all of the feints so you better be sure you’re in the moment or you’ll mess up. Even top players still mess it up so it’s not something to be embarassed about.