Bust This B*tch! The Sentinel Matchup Thread

I think the only trouble i have as a sent player is against tele whores, aka dante’s/weskers. I started to try and develop a counter to it, specifically against dante I try to anticipate a tele and dash under it and lanuch. Tele’s seem to avoid assist’s as well. Any one got ideas against tele’s?

I find that sentinel has a hard time against chun, either on point or as an assist. Her legs assist hits too many times to get through it with sent’s armored normals and it can be tough to get her off of you once she’s in.

^this

if i could pick a team of 3 sentinels, i would

sentinel with sentinel assist, hyper sentinel force DHC into more hyper sentinel force. too gdlk

The trick is getting in. If Wolverine can get close to Sent there’s a number of great assist combos and crossups he can initiate with, but it’s pretty difficult to zone in on a semi-competent Sent with any character, even teleporters, because you fuck up ONE teleport and there goes 75% of your life. You’ve got to play PERFECTLY to get within range of a good Sent, or hell even a button mashing Sent. He just controls too much area and he’s too goddamn mobile, especially for something his size dealing the damage he does.

All I’ve played so far are teams with Sents in em, and I’ve been trying to think up counters for him. So far the best strategy I’ve been able to come up with is “Play a perfect Wesker”. And that’s just a theory. It’s like saying “Play a perfect Strider/Doom trap in MVC2. Win tournies. Profit.”

^_-;

It seems pretty hard to get in against even a spamming Dormammu.

Those black holes and anti air specials make life difficult.

Also, that stupid fire thing he lays at his feet messes up any flight combos or jump ins that land in front of him.

I think its funny when people pick sent online, win a few matches, talk trash about how good they are, then lose when you either A) pick sent and outplay them (even in the slightest) or B) you kill their sent and they have no game afterwards.

It’s all about team composition and I find a team with Sent, AAA, and projectile assist automatically puts you ahead over a team that doesn’t have either. The projectile assists makes your zoning game better then the other Sentinel player and having a good AAA will control the opposing Sent’s player air space. That’s why I run Magento, Sentinel, Dante because Magento and Dante’s rush down game gets amplified and becomes safe with Sent Drone Assist, while Magento’s Disruptor assist helps him in the zoning game and Dante’s Jam Session Assist controls so much space and locks people down for Sent’s rush down game.

This is also why Sent/Dante/Phoenix is also a good team because of the above same reasons with the added bonus of having 2 really strong come back characters with Level 2-3 X-Factor.

Arthur vs. Sent is 6-4 Arthur. Even with Arthur’s shit health.

cr. Laser > Knives
Laser < Arrows
Laser < Lances AFAIK
Laser > Non-gold armor firebottle
Sentinel’s j. S > Arthur’s j. C AFAIK

Notes:

1. Gauntlet loop butt-rapes Sentinel. On hit or block.
  2. Axe STOPS flight mode cold. Dat hitbox is damn near the whole screen.
  3. Arthur is so FRAYY in the corner. If you are smart and you feel like winning, get arthur in the corner.
  4. is it not easy to get Arthur in the corner. Use a projectile assist to corner him.
  5. If Arthur whiffs j. S, that is a free launcher
  6. Gold Armor is Sentinels worst enemy. So just turtle up if he is out of the corner. Wait till armor goes down.
  7. Flying sword pwns sentinel.
  8. If Arthur tries to do a combo on Sentinel, you know that you won the game. YOU ARE FREE IF ARTHUR DOES A COMBO ON YOU.

I’m playing Joe/Arthur/Deadpool at the moment and I tried most of this stuff in training mode.

Best assist: Ammy’s coldstar, Doom’s rocks, Magnus’ EM Disruptor.

Arthur’s preferred assist: Any AAA, Dormammu’s Black hole, Morrigan’s Kiss (for meter).

I’ll add more later…

thanks cee dizzy! i haven’t a laptop atm but i will update this thread soon!

arthur is a bitch lol against sent. if im sentinel i pretty much spit for meter and call doom missiles and HSF if connect XD

Tiger knee hard drive to close distance on athur and then choose your options from up close… if they attack go for C.Medium if they block kara throw, block low/overhead

The only person I struggle fighting is phoenix

To deal with teleporting characters outside of phoenix just use st med it has armor and will beat out whatever they do plus you can combo into special attack for big combo damage. A good phoenix will fly throw her tracking fbs then teleport eliminating the risk of your armor attacks beating her out. You will most likely need a high reaching assist to pin/bring her down. Dante, taskmaster, ammy,and ironman are good for this. Once you’ve bought her down to earth just keep her there with assists. Until you land something. Remember kara human catapult is always an option. The range and damage are stupid against her.

As far as chun is concerned if you can fight her in space she is a none issue. It is when she has her assists plus she has you pinned in the corner that is when she becomes a bitch. Don’t let these two things happen. One or the other can be overcome but both are hell to deal with. In this fight as a footsie don’t do cr md instead use st md it has more aerial priorty. If she jumps in or dash blocks to make you be at a disadvantage cancel it into sentinel force h. It can’t be interrupted thus giving space to launch a counter attack.

I’m tired and going to sleep.

Similarly you wanna st m to beat air or ground tatsu from ryu and akuma instead of e, since the hitbox is so big it will often beat out your st e before the hyper armor kicks in, but with st m the armor will absorb one hit and they’ll fall into the st m hitbox.

I currently use Sent/Dante/Storm for those very reasons. I think Storm vs Phoenix is simply a matter of preference, although in a Sent/Dante/Storm vs Sent/Dante/Phoenix fight, the second seems like it would be stronger if you end up with two characters having lvl 3 X-Factor.

Can’t you be launched if you try to tiger knee Overdrive?

Get this sent cant h command throw a crouching sent it will never reach cause of his weird hitbox pushing u too far

Hard Drive is completely invincible during startup. active and recovery so no you can’t be launched during it.

Sent has a ton of weakness’. For starters ALL of his normals are slow during startup and recovery so if you can bait out a move and have it wiff there’s your chance to punish. Wolverine can dive kick a sent after HSF for a free combo. X-23(or anyone with a multi hit move) will beat super armor 99% percent of the time. EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM uses sents assist which makes sent super vunerable so you can unload supers and xfactor to kill him(assists take 1.5 damage and from what i can tell its unscaled damage or it appears to be that way). Dante’s Jam Session assist(type A) can stop a sent from flying in on you. Rushdown/teleport characters give sent a hard time if they have the right assist(something multi hitting like dante, chun, arthur, etc) when hes in the corner because he is so big and even with a double jump and flight he has to get up and out first which isnt the easiest thing.

THAT FUCKING DOG!!!
Ammy is probably sents worse match up because:

• Okami Shuffle can punish assists(very valuable to sent mixup) and punsih any wiffed move or flight(you can;'t block in flight mode)
  • Her extremely low stance to the ground causes you to change the normal position you would do combos and in many cases you will still wiff your moves)
  • COLD STAR!!! watch the Justin Wong vs RyRy matches from winter brawl and you will understand.(sorry for no link)
  • Her c.M cause her to move forward and can be done while sent is using his c.H(crouching laser)
  • She can cross him up with ease with her air dash)
  • She is the only non powered up character with a 3 frame move(sents quickest move comes out in 7 frames, more than double ammy’s quickest move)
  • The beads can be hard to get around if you’re not in a good position to move freely aka stuck in the corner.

I’m sure there is more but I’m at work and can’t think of everything wrong with this matchup lol.

alot of characters can’t throw a crouching sent. Storm I know for sure is on this list.

Amatersau has got to be the most annoying matchup for Sentinel. Any tips?

Save your flight activation for as late as possible, ALWAYS USE YOUR DOUBLE JUMP FIRST!!! Other then that it’s all about trying to find an opening since all you have to do is touch Ammy and you can probably kill her. Good assists such as Dante A, any beam/projectile assist that is multi hitting, etc will help create mixups and crossup opportunities. Remember that in flight mode your character will actually turn around when they get behind an opponent and remember that in normal jump flight state you can call assists. Also try to be as low to the ground as reasonably possible before you start stomping and trying to land combos.

USE SPIT LASERS ONLY ON OCCASION, STUPID DOG CAN DUCK AND MOVE FORWARD WHILE YOU SPIT AT HER @_@

I just swap to another character. Fighting Ammie with Sentinel seems like an exercise in futility since you have two other characters and it’s not Street Fighter. I usually try to jockey into a decent position to make a good tag. Otherwise, you treat that S button like it’s your best friend in the world if you’re stuck with only Sent versus Ammy. Flight mode, armored launch that can actually reach her, projectile stuffing pan are all out of S but really you shouldn’t be stuck in a situation with no assists and Sent versus Ammy on neutral. It’s just poor timing and out play on your part IMO.